[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index General Chat All you have to do is keep this thread going!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Author All you have to do is keep this thread going!
Theman
cleric

Joined: Aug 31, 2001
Posts: 167
From: My chair
Posted: 07-04-2003 10:26   
...the smell, a thicket of sweet-smelling smoke brings you to your senses but you no longer remain in the caves where you stood. With a lingering sense of dread you rise from the stone from where you laid. Your eyes slowly adjust to the streaming sunlight but it is the new sounds that reach your ears that cause you fear this place the most. For in the distance you hear...

  View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch



Joined: Aug 19, 2001
Posts: 199
Posted: 07-04-2003 11:59   
... the gentle rumbling of a dragon snoring. You peer into the smoke and slowly the forms of druids surrounding you become clear. You notice each of them has a crystal fashioned into the shape of a chicken with three legs hanging from a chain around their necks.

Suddenly the druid closest to you steps forward. Raising his arms directly over your heart he plunges a vicious looking sickle downwards ...


  View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Joined: Mar 05, 2002
Posts: 133
Posted: 07-04-2003 17:17   
...and you barely avoid the death blow.

You are outnumbered by the druids; even if you had a dozen wafers (which you don't), it seems unlikely you would survive a fight against them all at once. But there seems to be no escape. Worst of all, the dragon can now be seen in the vicinity. The druids close in as the dragon wakes...

...and you wake up in a dark cave to find that indeed you have been dreaming. But where are you now? When did this dream begin? You look around and find...


  View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Candyman
novice

Joined: Mar 25, 2003
Posts: 6
Posted: 09-04-2003 23:40   
....yourself staring into a large crystal ball. In the crystal ball you can see a hedgehog moving around in a luscious wood. the hedgehog appears to have a crystal key wedged between its spines. Suddenly a large 3 legged chicken swoops down and picks up the hedgehog and flies off with it. You hear a voice from the crystal ball saying "too late too late". you kick the crystal ball aside and.....

  View Profile of Candyman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Joined: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 421
From: Birmingham
Posted: 14-04-2003 12:22   
Your foot goes straight into it, with the rest of your body following. You find yourself on a small island, there's a suspicious burning smell everywhere, and you start as you hear a whomp of two large, distinctive wings flapping up ahead.

"Damn," you mutter to yourself, "wish I could remember what the hell I'm doing, wasn't there a command for ,'omfg I'm going die!!!11!'."

Panicking, you...
_________________
*Fiz the necromancess says "I've been advised by everyone in the game to ignore you, Crowley".


  View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Droo
Wizard



Joined: Jan 06, 2002
Posts: 43
From: Ireland, of course!
Posted: 14-04-2003 13:52   
... wake up in a cold sweat.

You look around, notice that you've been sleeping in a pine forest where a large birdbath is overflowing with ...


  View Profile of Droo        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tharg
friar

Joined: Sep 23, 2001
Posts: 78
Posted: 14-04-2003 21:06   
... wee. And not ordinary wee, oh no. This was is the kind of wee that ...

  View Profile of Tharg      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard



Joined: Jan 23, 2002
Posts: 360
From: Somewhere you don't want to go!
Posted: 15-04-2003 00:38   
... fairies do. Its restorative properties are legendary. As you shake yourself dry, you are awed by the fact that you smell perfumed, feel invigorated, and ... and ... and forgot how you got here.

Bemused, you gaze into the now still, mirror-like waters of the bird bath. The surface shimmers, and as you gaze into the depths you behold ...


  View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Joined: Oct 19, 2001
Posts: 639
From: North West
Posted: 17-04-2003 00:21   
....A King Dwarf performing a ceremony with a horde of awed onlookers, as the Man Thing is strapped to the slab. The clerical voices raise in praise to their idea of heaven as the Dwarf raises the killing blade to inflict the final judgement. To one side, a small noise is heard, which can only be....

  View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard



Joined: Oct 31, 2001
Posts: 523
From: I can't remember!
Posted: 18-04-2003 12:38   
.....the quiet hum of a softly glowing firefly, which after noticing you, rapidly zips away. You decide to give chase, running though trees and bushes, the branches clawing at your face. After a time you see a faint glimmer of light a short distance away, scrabbling through the bushes, what you actually find is....

  View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch



Joined: Aug 19, 2001
Posts: 199
Posted: 26-04-2003 23:22   
...yourself gazing into the still mirror-like waters of the bird bath. You've stumbled upon yourself watching yourself!

You watch in the bird bath as you watch yourself watch you slowly turn around to face yourself...


  View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Joined: Dec 16, 2001
Posts: 52
Posted: 05-05-2003 20:29   
... and realise that it's not actually you, but someone who looks very much like you. "OI!" says your twin. "I've just done a DETECT, and you were snooping me! Stop it immediately!" Deciding to end the spell through the mystic unsnooping properties of sleep, you lie back, relax and drift off back into the dreamworld, where ...

  View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Joined: Mar 05, 2002
Posts: 133
Posted: 05-05-2003 22:20   
...a revolting boy tears pages from a book in front of you and demands "plugh". Then, with the help of a mule, a polite officer turns into a brick wall, leaving you tremendously nonplussed.

As with most dreams travellers have while in The Land, it makes no sense at all. Then again, nothing that has been happening lately has made any sense. You awake, refreshed and determined to find out just what is going on.

As you awake, you notice that one of The Land's mobiles is in the room with you. It is...


  View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Joined: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 421
From: Birmingham
Posted: 06-05-2003 09:02   
The basilisk! Before you can look at it, you whip out your trusty mirror, and direct its killer gaze at...

  View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Joined: Feb 16, 2003
Posts: 327
From: portland, oregon, usa
Posted: 06-05-2003 12:00   
..its foot! It has no effect because cast aside here is a short, broad-mouthed butterfly net. But that makes no sense as in front of you lies a fearsome, yet beautiful broadsword. It's ok though because nothing happens, but in a very Zen way. The thought is smashed to bits. Why did I do that? Was I once saveged by an Easter egg as a small child or something? You jump down, land on the rocks, and are ...

  View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Joined: Dec 16, 2001
Posts: 52
Posted: 07-05-2003 18:57   
..also smashed into millions of glass shards. These turn into a silvery, metallic liquid, which forms back into you. It seems that passing through that mirror might have turned you into a T-1000. Chuffed with your newfound mimicking powers, you begin to explore the rocks you fell onto, only to find...

  View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Joined: Mar 05, 2002
Posts: 133
Posted: 08-05-2003 01:23   
...a very upset collection of The Land's wizards and witches. "I'm afraid we can't let you keep the abilities of the T-1000." says the leader of the group. "It would give you too much of an advantage over the mobiles and the killers."

You are bathed in a brilliant white light, and find yourself returned to normal. "Now, go!"

And with that, you find yourself elsewhere. You look around and see...


  View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fisheyes
cabalist

Joined: Oct 27, 2001
Posts: 49
Posted: 23-06-2003 10:36   
....that you're surrounded by richard, foddy, turrican, umbrarg and hawumph. Wondering what you could have possibly done wrong now slowly they all metamorphasise into three-legged chickens. Being surrounded by arch-wizards is bad enough but you decide not to hang around to find out what 5 over-sized over-legged chickens want! you dive between the legs of the chicken that was hawumph and....

  View Profile of Fisheyes      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Bishy
novice

Joined: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 3
Posted: 21-07-2003 14:19   
...are knocked out by the hideous smell that only an unwashed, cider-drinking, homeless inbred could create. No sooner do you take a tiny whiff of the cursed-crotch, but you lose conciousness again. YES AFODDINGGAIN. How many times can you fall asleep in one thread? You'd think you had muscle wastage by now....

...blah blah you awake to find Richard wearing his tinfoil hat and kleenex tissue boxes for slippers. He is teaching himself to rap in Hebrew - no mean feat for a Welshman. You think he has the groove but he simply doesn't have the tone of voice to go any further than the dank surburbia currently offered in Cardiff. He also advises you that last sentance didn't make much sense. You are so foding bored you fall asleep and............


  View Profile of Bishy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard



Joined: Nov 27, 2001
Posts: 94
Posted: 27-07-2003 19:07   
wake up miles away in a cave in front of a very very old man. He appears to be wearing bunny rabbit pyjamas and smoking crack out of a shoebox. Before you realise the depths of Hawumph's depravity the hard way you decide to escape. Turning towards the entrance of the cave you are filled with an immense gut-wrenching power. You suddenly understand the meaning of this seamingly craaaayzie thread. And this is it:


[ This Message was edited by: Billygoat on 27-07-2003 19:09 ]


  View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.

Powered by phpBB
Copyright © 2000 - 2001 The phpBB Group

phpBB Created this page in 0.031297 seconds.