[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » No more wiz.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Author No more wiz.
Eric
cleric

Posted: 10-10-2003 12:02   
Obviously being a wiz is like eating marmite...you either like it or you don't. I bet lots of people would enjoy being able to create stuff and actually spend time making the game fun for other people. On the flipside there's always gonna be people who can't be arsed with all that stuff and get bored easily.

Still update your site Jericho?

Quote:
Theres a hard mode that arch's can set onto a whole account, to make it harder for a certain player to achieve stuff, like it will affect the RNG, his chance to avoid or deal attacks, that kind of thing, they set this at will and you wont be told about it, how unfair is that?

That's interesting.

[ This Message was edited by: Eric on 10-10-2003 12:04 ]

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 10-10-2003 18:46   
I'm not 'offering Joey as evidence', I'm pointing out that rather than Reverence being one disgruntled Wiz out of thirty (or however many it is, now), he's actually one in fifteen. Furthermore, since we've had two Wizzes openly express their distaste for Wizdom, it's pretty fair to assume that ont of thirty or so Wizzes, there'll be at least one, and possibly more who're equally disillusioned with being a Wiz but never expressed it.

How many of the Wizzes on the Wiz list are active players, now?

Nice of you to take my point and totally misinterpret it, Crowley. Excellent work.

Quote:
On 10-10-2003 12:02, Eric wrote:
Still update your site Jericho?

Yep.

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 10-10-2003 19:34   
Just that the two wizzes to express this point of view were most prone to massive temper tantrums, and both threw their toys out of the pram on a regular basis.

You get out of wizdom what you put into it. If you put into it bile, spite, and an utter disregard for the mortals whom you are supposed to be encouraging (your girlfriend excluded), then hey, guess what, that's what you get out of it too.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 10-10-2003 22:17   
The only thing I never understood is why there is such in depth discussion and mock-philosphising about wizzes when 99.9999 percent of them do absoultely nothing and have zero consequence to any mortals play.

*--- you are now a wizard!
*--- level2 invis.
*--- snoop mortal.
*--- attempt to pk Tsunami

NOT UPDATING PERSONA.

*--- snoop mortal

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 11-10-2003 03:26   
That's about the size of it.

foding Wizzes.

The only Wiz who ever directly did anything for me would have been Mathilda who helped me when I was new to the game.

Other than that, the impact of Wizzes on my gaming experience was precisely zero.

Now, Wizmort PK's on the other hand...

It always struck me that the main reason to get to Wiz was so that you could have an absolute understanding of the entire game, including whatever few things you didn't learn on your way to Wiz, thus ensuring you have a tremendous advantage when willfully slaughtering anything above Super purely for the fun you get out of depriving a player of their enjoyment of the game. I'm referring directly to Rev (amongst several) with that, too. I left a while before the move to mudii.co.uk (though I lurked for some time) and I recall that the amount of Wiz PK'ing that was culling any mortal with magic, or just about anyone at Champ or above was just insane.

What's more, now it appears that if an Arch takes a dislike to you, not only can a hyper-knowledgeable and powerful Wizmort be fielded against you, but you can also have a random number generator that actively works against you.

I'm not actually bitter about any of this. Though I am enjoying recalling the absolute, unrelenting misery of those absurd Wizmorting times., and I see from the posts of others that the Wiz-related problems continue, albeit in an altered form.

Cheers, Wizzes. You giant shower of bastards, you.

[ This Message was edited by: Popculturemonkey on 11-10-2003 03:30 ]

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 11-10-2003 11:47   
Aye, a random number generator that isn't entirely random. Nice one

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fisheyes
cabalist

Posted: 11-10-2003 18:35   
reverence has been whinging about the hard mode set on HIS account by the arches. seems this hard mode is used by arches on wizmort accounts not mortals. seems fair to me!!

View Profile of Fisheyes      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 11-10-2003 19:19   
Ahhh, blessed blessed paranoia. It's really quite sweet

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Uthar
novice

Posted: 12-10-2003 00:26   
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not all out to get you.

View Profile of Uthar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 12-10-2003 09:41   
Hiya Jericho! You once said I had a 'not bad' point, long ago. I feel that should get put on my CV.

To be fair to Crowley, you did just use Joey as statistical evidence. And some people regard Joey as essentially, um, anomalous.

I still don't see how people are going to be surprised by wizdom in any way. It's pretty well known how it works - personally, if I were ever to go for it, it'd mainly be for the quest-making fun. (Not that I ever could wiz, I'm a bit crap, but never mind that!) And also, big achiever-types making wiz and then disappearing 'cos they feel they've finished the game has been a well-known phenomenon for years and years.

Maxmage / Apeomancer

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 12-10-2003 09:48   
Oh, and how can you talk about Commando without mentioning the genius of the hero / villain standoff at the end? Or did you not want to spoil it for everyone?

'Let off some steam, Bennet!'

Maxmage / Apeomancer

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 12-10-2003 14:38   
Think about it: if wizzes didn't disappear regularly, no-one would make wiz without being 'allowed' to. Would you fancy running against 20+ active wizmorts?

Seamus
friar

Posted: 12-10-2003 16:24   
I would actually like to point out that I wasn't discounting Rev's view as a Wiz, I just looked at it as sour grapes that could have been done to stop people from trying to reach that goal. A neutral would have viewed it as "yeah right, we'll see."

That's is basically.

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 12-10-2003 19:40   
Quote:
no-one would make wiz without being 'allowed' to

The recent incessant pounding of high-lives seems less to do with testing and more to do with forcing those who are deemed 'unsuitable' (i.e those who the wizzes dislike/don't get on with) to clear off somewhere else.

[ This Message was edited by: Theman on 12-10-2003 19:41 ]

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fisheyes
cabalist

Posted: 12-10-2003 21:13   
thats probably more down to rev seeing everyone off. he seems that power-hungry, egotistical, childish sort (having had many bad experiences with him from wireplay days)

View Profile of Fisheyes      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 16-10-2003 17:29   
I like being a wizard. Its fun. Hawumph is sexy, and if you didn't know that already, when you wiz its super-obvious. He wears kinky cardigans.

bg

View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 16-10-2003 23:36   
Hmmm never seen Hawumph in a cardigan .. dodgy t-shirt yes...

Shouldn't you be at some concert BG ... hehe! Shame you had to leave.

Isn't this discussion really over now, Reverence is gone, only the mentally dubious agree with him ( and use Joey as Support ! ROFL ) almost every one else disagrees with him ( ok, so most ain't been there to Wizdom, but Maybe Really want to !) but is a lot more than Rev makes it out to be.

Assuming you like playing the game, watching & helping others, being around for events, running events, making new game parts, policing the game etc. etc. these can be fun!

I've been there on earlier incarnations of MUd .. and as is often said, the game begins with wizhood! So much more to do, no pressure, it's all laid back, no fear of dying, watch others, maybe help or tease others, enjoy a community you joined, and so much more.

Abuse it and you may suffer, as seen above!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reverence
protector

Posted: 17-10-2003 20:54   
Please, there is a real life out there, but if thats what you honestly believe you would enjoy, im not going to try to stop you.

View Profile of Reverence      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 17-10-2003 23:55   
There is a real life out there. Make the most of mud while you can.

No comment on the wiz stuff. Not on my 'to do' list this decade.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 18-10-2003 01:39   
So, you've stopped sitting in the tearoom for hours as a guest then, or attempting to play your girlfriend's chars now Reverence?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.