[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » MUD CHAT SUMMARY (long)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Author MUD CHAT SUMMARY (long)
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 22-02-2005 18:59   
Quote:
I'm getting beyond caring

She's such a tease.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Velanor
novice

Posted: 02-03-2005 02:45   
ummm....
MUD is a class game. Don't change it.
I didn't have time to read everything but, I think you should allow more free hours a week or something, like... two hours free at a peak time where people arent at work..this would interest people a lot more =[

I loved mud. I'd definately come back.

View Profile of Velanor      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cwdi
novice

Posted: 07-03-2005 21:04   
Oops, missed all this good stuff.

I have two words... and the two words are... Newbie Hose!

http://www.google.com/search?q=book+bartle+newbie+hose (and click the book link at the top)

So... What new services are coming soon from big companies? Any chance of getting the BBC on board? Will the modern internet market mean we never have monopoly service providers again?! Hmm, electronic paper nearly ready? I dunno.

Wdi

View Profile of Cwdi      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 07-03-2005 22:11   
Oops, my arse. I ran out of credit texting you about it as it was happening =)

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reddevil
novice

Posted: 07-03-2005 23:05   
i can recommend reading that bartle chapter on newbie hose. bang on the money!
dunno what to do about it tho. pretty concerning!

View Profile of Reddevil      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Sin
protector

Posted: 11-03-2005 20:51   

View Profile of Sin      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Sin
protector

Posted: 11-03-2005 21:04   
"Serenety said that people who sat in the tearoom were pointless and weren?t helping the game in any way."

HA! Serenety is the definition of a Tearoomer

TBH if you want players, give the wizzes less authority and have selected people given administrative powers. ATM this game is run by former mortals with distorted views and biased opinions on mortals they encountered while they themselves were still mortal.

Since leaving MUD ive started playing some MMORPG's and they have "gamemasters" who take care of complaints/conflicts and have a fair way of dealing with these things unlike on MUD.

Also an actual list of ALL rules somewhere on the website or in-game would help, and have them applied fairly to everyone, not just whoever the wiz personally favours!

But in all reality, MUD is dead! Nobody is going to pay money for a game which costs more than every other single game of all types on the internet and who's lifespan is uncertain. whats the point of buying time, spending hours making pts and getting to somewhere like mage only to be told that not enough people play and they cant afford to keep it open. waste of time!

and heaven forbid we have a crash like in wireplay when everyones account was wiped. what would be done if that were to happen now?

to conclude....

R.I.P MUD2

Karya
Witch

Posted: 11-03-2005 23:05   
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I wouldn't want to devalue yours. However there are a couple of points that I feel need addressing:

Quote:

On 11-03-2005 21:04, Sin wrote:
only to be told that not enough people play and they cant afford to keep it open. waste of time!

This is the first time I've heard this rumour. This is completely untrue. We have never said that, it has never even entered our heads to say that and I can assure you that this will never happen in the future.

Quote:

On 11-03-2005 21:04, Sin wrote:
and heaven forbid we have a crash like in wireplay when everyones account was wiped. what would be done if that were to happen now?

The reason that happened at Wireplay was because backups weren't being performed as promised. When that crash happened the last backup had occured several months before hand. Currently MUDII is backed up on a daily basis.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 11-03-2005 23:30   
Quote:
Since leaving MUD ive started playing some MMORPG's and they have "gamemasters" who take care of complaints/conflicts and have a fair way of dealing with these things unlike on MUD.

Ahahahahaha.

Yes, the fairness of mmorpg GM's is, er, legendary... er...

Quote:

Also an actual list of ALL rules somewhere on the website or in-game would help, and have them applied fairly to everyone, not just whoever the wiz personally favours!

There is a list of rules on the website.

Quote:

But in all reality, MUD is dead! Nobody is going to pay money for a game which costs more than every other single game of all types on the internet and who's lifespan is uncertain. whats the point of buying time, spending hours making pts and getting to somewhere like mage only to be told that not enough people play and they cant afford to keep it open. waste of time!

You are wrong on so many counts, it's kind of funny. But thanks for coming.

Quote:

to conclude....

R.I.P MUD2

Thanks for your... lucid opinion. Perhaps if you were brave enough to grace us with your name?

Crowley

Sin
protector

Posted: 12-03-2005 00:26   

Sin
protector

Posted: 12-03-2005 00:31   
Crowley, my name is Sin, its my main persona and the one most people know me as. And i've never noticed any unfairness regarding MMORPG gamemasters, whereas mud2 wizzes.. HA!

BTW i also said a list of ALL rules, ALL, ALL ALL, as in every rule, clearly stated that people can refer too. Not wizzes simply saying this and that is a rule, while mortals have to accept there word even if there has never been a mention of it before.

Also Karya, will mud2 continue running even if it becomes too expensive? as in not enough people paying to cover costs? which is the way it seems to be going. although i am suprised that my post has received 2 replies already, although its a shame the actual game isnt as busy as this forum!

Sin
protector

Posted: 12-03-2005 00:39   
oh and yeah, while you may sit there and pick apart my points, the fact remains this game is facing a crisis, especially if wizzes and mortals are having to have a joint meeting to try and drum up new business.

You may want to change your view point/holier-than-thou attitude... just a thought?

i still talk to a number of older mud2 players who still stay they think about the game and consider coming back some time, maybe you should target them instead of completely new players only?

i dont want to see mud2 die, but sadly i cant see it surviving more than a year

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 12-03-2005 19:34   
Quote:

On 12-03-2005 00:39, Sin wrote:
oh and yeah, while you may sit there and pick apart my points, the fact remains this game is facing a crisis, especially if wizzes and mortals are having to have a joint meeting to try and drum up new business.

Duh, no way, really? Gee, thanks for your insight. It's almost as if... that's the reason we had the meeting!

Quote:

You may want to change your view point/holier-than-thou attitude... just a thought?

I can't help it when someone posts such obvious nonsense on the forum. Picking apart your points is too easy to not do.

I remember you now - you're the guy who griefed everyone in sight, then had a tantrum and disappeared.

Funny how it took someone pointing out that you're talking crap to have you make a decent point, like this one:

Quote:
i still talk to a number of older mud2 players who still stay they think about the game and consider coming back some time, maybe you should target them instead of completely new players only?

But then alas, more nonsense

Quote:

i dont want to see mud2 die, but sadly i cant see it surviving more than a year

Guess what, bright spark, one of the ADMINISTRATORS of the game posted 3 posts above you that this would NOT HAPPEN. Try again.

Sin
protector

Posted: 12-03-2005 23:20   
and because someone says it wont happen that means it definetly WON'T happen?

Karya
Witch

Posted: 13-03-2005 10:23   
Yes.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Sin
protector

Posted: 13-03-2005 12:17   
The words, flogging, dead and horse spring to mind.

Karya
Witch

Posted: 13-03-2005 16:19   
That may well be your opinion but it's no reason to shut down a game.

Sin
protector

Posted: 13-03-2005 20:35   
the reason the game is gonna shut down is because something needs to change, yet nobody is prepared to do so. you can hold meetings and talk on forums, but nothing is gonna get done that will save this game.

Karya
Witch

Posted: 13-03-2005 21:15   
This game will not be shut down.

This game will not be shut down regardless of whether there are any changes or not.

Changes, however, have already been indicated. They may not be the changes that you, personally, are after though.

Once again, no matter how many times or how many ways you say that you believe that this game should be shut down it won't happen.

This isn't like the candyman whereby if you say it enough times it'll happen!

Anyone would think that you want this game to close down.

Sin
protector

Posted: 14-03-2005 00:56   
i dont want it too close down, i want you lot to face reality though

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.