MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 12/6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Author Last Night's Bash 12/6
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 15-06-2008 08:17   
Quote:

On 14-06-2008 13:55, Crazyfool wrote:
Tsunami! Hi. Hows Byker after your paintballing accident?

I guess Byker Grove ended, they played "in my life" and showed all these collages of Spuggie and Duncan etc, it was clear emotional minipulation but like the cheap whore I am I fell for it hard, babbling incomprehendable gibberish through a screen of tears and sniffles, .... n-n-n-noddy, I'd have kissed you, mate, you coulda noshed me off, kidda.

It was kinda like the moment you realised you'd never actually appear on knightmare and started working on your home-made vikings helmet weaved from dejection and hay.

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 15-06-2008 11:42   
I didnt cry as much as when Geoff died....oh God...life is so futile since the bearded wonder died.....who the hell is Akilli?

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
gobstopper
pilgrim

Posted: 15-06-2008 14:55   
Hello me again! Thought i'd add my brain juice to the mix. I think bashes have got to a very odd stage when someone pking gets such a big reaction! I always thought it was something that should be half expected.

Also just because you don't know how someone does something it doesn't mean they're a wizmort. I'm an old player that has only come back recently and when I played this is how bashes tended to work:

There were almost always some pks on so people tended to go about their business while still on the lookout for anything dodgy going on. If someone was pking or stealing people would group together to get rid of the one disrupting the set. They succeeded about half the time.

There were a few interesting points about the last bash from my perspective:

1, I wasn't the first person to kill. I wasn't particularly bothered about why anyone killed leak but it seems odd to attack an afk sorc and then complain when someone attacks you.

2, there was no communication or group effort to stop the pk (me) after I attacked jamesbond. This seems a bit odd and maybe suggests that folk have got a bit soft. There used to be houses dedicated to a group stopping pks together and I always thought it was great fun to have the community up in arms chasing an evil pk away, having been part of a group and been an evil pk.

3, I was only a hero. Not fleeing until too late was a mistake easily avoided. I didn't reattack Jamesbond to death or anything.

4, Jamesbond says to question whether our actions are for the good of the game. I think killing is an essential part of the game that has been lost slightly. Fighting makes people better players and can be a lot of fun. It adds an extra dimension to the game. Sometimes people get upset but thats why its so hard to actually get to wizard. It should also be hard to get to warlock - its a big achievement that gives status as a pretty high level player.

5, Some info that will hopefully make things much clearer next time: If you try and steal and it doesn't work, try waiting a few seconds and trying again. Maybe even blind the person. Before very long at all you will have succeeded.

[ This Message was edited by: gobstopper on 15-06-2008 15:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gobstopper on 15-06-2008 16:09 ]

View Profile of gobstopper      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 17-06-2008 21:04   
Pique - A state of vexation caused by a perceived slight or indignity; a feeling of wounded pride.

I guess that sums it up pretty well, Hawumph:-)

JB

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 27-09-2012 23:07   
OI!!!!!

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 29-09-2012 14:18   
Love the years old bumped threads! I forgot about this one too.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 29-09-2012 15:20   
Quote:

On 13-06-2008 09:26, royston wrote:
There was no response from Leak and I had to agree with JB that he was indeed afk, I made the decision to kill Leak as time was getting on and I could see no other way of getting the pick.

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 29-09-2012 23:02   
I agree.

Kill Leak.

What were we talking about?

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 01-10-2012 16:32   
you guys

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-10-2012 22:28   
Quote:

On 27-09-2012 23:07, royston wrote:
OI!!!!!

That was to express my dismay that yet again this forum was highjacked by advertising spam. (The administrator has now deleted it.) Is there anyway this can be prevented? Is it possible say, to restrict posting to players of the level of yeoman or above?

Funny that it should land on this particular thread. I remember this incident well. It comes of electing a very inexperienced player to be Bash-General week after week. I am so glad it does not happen any more. You will be pleased to learn, Armand, that I now know two ways of opening that gateway without resorting to 'picking' the lock. I am sure you will tell me there are at least five more ways yet.

Poor Leak. I miss him.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 01-10-2012 22:35 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 02-10-2012 18:31   
Quote:

On 01-10-2012 22:28, royston wrote:
Is it possible say, to restrict posting to players of the level of yeoman or above?

Forum level depends on the number of posts though. If it was tied to highest level achieved in game that would work, and encourage people to play too maybe?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 02-10-2012 20:20   
Hi Turr,

I think Royston was meaning in game level, so it wasn't a ( auto bot ? ) registering and spamming ads... a few spams and up the forum level!

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-10-2012 23:39   
I fear I am not expressing myself clearly. I was wondering if there was some way of stopping this spam advertising by restricting posting to the forum to genuine MUD players. I thought one way might be to restrict it to players of level yeoman and above. That way someone, who has no intention of playing the game, cannot just become a member and immediately start posting this stuff. Even a Yeoman has to have played at least one game.

I should add that I have no idea how these things work.

trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 06-10-2012 11:45   
A simple question that bots can't answer in the registration page!!!

[ This Message was edited by: trollsmash on 06-10-2012 11:45 ]

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 09-10-2012 15:59   
Quote:

On 02-10-2012 20:20, Vulnax wrote:
I think Royston was meaning in game level,

Quote:

On 04-10-2012 23:39, royston wrote:
I thought one way might be to restrict it to players of level yeoman and above.

I was also suggesting something like that.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.