[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index General Chat Sneak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Sneak
ilisity
cabalist

Joined: Mar 13, 2008
Posts: 46
Posted: 12-03-2009 00:22   
Last night I got semi reprimanded for being a sneak from hawumph . Luckily there was no fodding involved , just enough insinuation to let everyone know i was one .

I really don't see my self as a sneak , just as a noob player who has amassed enough points to be a bit afraid of getting pked .

Hawumph felt that the way i was playing today was very sneaky . It's true that i do tend to play empty sets as i do fancy making mage soon . But to put it across that I'm a sneak seems a bit far fetched . I'm no where near the skill of most of the players who are deserved of the sneak title (well those that have been described as such) . I am simply a young fellow trying to make the best of his life and i never would want to sneak my way to wiz ever . Also I think sneak is a bit of a weird term in the current climate.
It's pretty rare that I'll go on and find a set with more than 3 players (Barr bashes) .

So I think my playing style has come about through the lack of muds users on line . I can imagine back in 98/99 when the game got 50 plus users per set there playing style was very different .

Now a days the game is sparsely populated and I'm sure my and others players styles have evolved/is evolving around that fact .

On a normal set now , i will instantly go for all the wfs i know of , followed by the keep , dwarfs , ogre and ws .

And yes I do find it hard to do other than that because the game isn't populated enough so I can get practice against other more experienced players .

One thing i do think i should point out though , is the lack of effort the archs put into organising game events that everyone will enjoy . The t hunt a couple of weeks ago brought out the biggest thursday night turnout I've seen in ages and since then ,well just read my last bash report .

I think there are a lot of cool events the archs could be organising and this really is the time to do it . Last thursday was the first time I'd ever seen a wizz not turn up for the bash.


So maybe instead of worrying about a noob being a "sneak" , they should concentrate on making the game more exiting .

/Leak



[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 12-03-2009 00:48 ]


  View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fiz
cabalist

Joined: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 60
From: London
Posted: 12-03-2009 01:11   
Awww. It's kind of inevitable that you'll die after making mage at some point, so who cares... make your mage, try not to get fodded (not getting fodded really helps your score, you know) and have a great time.

-Wifey & Goat

P.S. I'm a necro and I still can't get out of the attic, so if anyone would like to holler at me, it's well deserved...

[ This Message was edited by: Fiz on 12-03-2009 01:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Fiz on 12-03-2009 01:13 ]


  View Profile of Fiz        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Joined: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 421
From: Birmingham
Posted: 12-03-2009 09:47   
If you start a set, and quit just because there are other players north, then you are sneaking. Remember, more than half this game is playing against other players, that's kinda the point of it. One of the fastest (and most painful) ways to learn in MUD is to die fighting against a good player. Besides, if you're good enough to make warlock once, you're good enough to do it again, only next time, you'll do it faster, right?



  View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Joined: Mar 13, 2008
Posts: 46
Posted: 12-03-2009 11:12   
I wouldn't normally just qq because there are players north .

I will check to see if there's an experianced player on and what kit they have . If they are well kitted up and have all the wfs I know of then yes i will qq .


  View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Posts: 531
From: N.London (just)
Posted: 12-03-2009 17:54   


You do realise that now you're doomed don't you?
_________________
Fleeing is for wimps !


  View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Joined: Mar 13, 2008
Posts: 46
Posted: 12-03-2009 18:13   
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 17:54, blib wrote:


You do realise that now you're doomed don't you?




I know , Hal attacked me for the first time ever ealier today !


  View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Joined: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 421
From: Birmingham
Posted: 12-03-2009 18:49   
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 11:12, ilisity wrote:
I wouldn't normally just qq because there are players north .

I will check to see if there's an experianced player on and what kit they have . If they are well kitted up and have all the wfs I know of then yes i will qq .




Well, that's just sensible

How about if you go on at the start of a reset, and then see someone invisible start getting kit too?

Honestly


  View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Joined: Mar 13, 2008
Posts: 46
Posted: 12-03-2009 20:14   
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 18:49, Crowley wrote:


Well, that's just sensible

How about if you go on at the start of a reset, and then see someone invisible start getting kit too?

Honestly







[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 12-03-2009 20:16 ]


  View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Posts: 15
Posted: 12-03-2009 23:47   
Well, I don't play much as I work away but from board here Leak you seem to take advantage of rules like hiding in so called safe rooms during bash while you go shops.

I be on and 3 players in WHO but 2 in tee room not playing, usually of same 2 or 3

But real sneaks to my thinking are these people like nedders and cenedra who made mage from sorc - whats that 90,000 points? - with no risk as they never left tea room.

As quoted in crowley post linked below. I think I was on when 1 mage-ing happened as WHO showed warlock then 10 minute later WHO mage for cenedra.

Why did wizards and arch wizards not do some thing about this earlier, they must seen it or logged it? Fod persons and publicise it so we know not cheat like this if not allowed.

http://www.mudii.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=696&forum=1&4


what do other think?


[ This Message was edited by: digriz on 12-03-2009 23:50 ]


  View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Posts: 15
Posted: 12-03-2009 23:54   
Is this bullying or victimisation as ilsity said this?


Quote:

On 12-03-2009 18:13, ilisity wrote:
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 17:54, blib wrote:


You do realise that now you're doomed don't you?




I know , Hal attacked me for the first time ever ealier today !



  View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Joined: Nov 20, 2006
Posts: 530
Posted: 13-03-2009 00:08   
Which bit are you suggesting is bullying? Blib's comment, or the fact that I attacked him for the first time ever?

Also, Cenedra is no sneak. (1) Its hardly her fault that if you sit in the tearoom, you are randomly given points (arguably a fault with the game, why does Eros even work in the tearoom?) (2) She has no tasks and no intention of making wiz or ever playing that persona in the Land.


  View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Posts: 15
Posted: 13-03-2009 00:12   
blib said ilisity was doomed next comment said hal attacked ilsity for first time - why attacked then?

was it for the comment?


  View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Posts: 15
Posted: 13-03-2009 00:15   
why is ilisity told off sneaking for playing empty game when other ignored for getting point for nothing in tee room?

if game flaw it need fixed.



  View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tharg
friar

Joined: Sep 23, 2001
Posts: 78
Posted: 13-03-2009 00:52   
I don't think tearooming is cheating because it takes so long to level up that way. Cenedra must have put, literally, years into it. There's a reason the tasks are in the game. And even now, she's only half way, really. I'm absolutely certain that if someone did the tasks then tried to tearoom to wiz something would be done to stop them. That's not what Cenedra is doing.

I think CeNEDra and NEDders are the same person. Could be wrong.

I think blib was only joking (Leak's doomed because he is now valuable), then Hal attacked (again, because Leak's valuable now), so Leak agreed with blib. No threatening or victimisation.

[ This Message was edited by: Tharg on 13-03-2009 00:52 ]


  View Profile of Tharg      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Joined: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 421
From: Birmingham
Posted: 13-03-2009 09:35   
Quote:

On 13-03-2009 00:15, digriz wrote:
why is ilisity told off sneaking for playing empty game when other ignored for getting point for nothing in tee room?

if game flaw it need fixed.





You are a silly person, and I am laughing at you.


  View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Joined: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 421
From: Birmingham
Posted: 13-03-2009 09:35   
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 20:14, ilisity wrote:
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 18:49, Crowley wrote:


Well, that's just sensible :P

How about if you go on at the start of a reset, and then see someone invisible start getting kit too?

Honestly :)







[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 12-03-2009 20:16 ]



What what? :)


  View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Joined: Nov 20, 2006
Posts: 530
Posted: 13-03-2009 10:18   
Quote:
On 13-03-2009 00:12, digriz wrote:
blib said ilisity was doomed next comment said hal attacked ilsity for first time - why attacked then? was it for the comment?



I run a pker. Leak was on 89k. I hadn't realised this until he became the centre of attention. Pretty simple really.

If you think that 89k+ personae being attacked is bullying, you're playing the wrong game


  View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Posts: 15
Posted: 13-03-2009 14:16   
OK, I see now.

  View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Posts: 216
Posted: 13-03-2009 15:22   
Hullo!
Suppose I'd better say something since I was dragged into this lol.
EVERYONE knows, if they are a frequent MUD player, that I am not aiming to make wiz. Mine was an experiment, and I am pretty durn chuffed I made Mage so put that in your pipe and smoke it moosh.
As for Leak, even I know the definition of sneaking is going north when noone is on to gain points and qqing if someone does come on and I ain't the brightest candle on the cake.
You've been wrong before about so many things and have admitted you were wrong, so for everyone's sake think about it and admit you're wrong about this.

I did think long and hard about last weeks rather sad bash. I think that if a Wiz were on and only saw 2 people they would not see it as worth their time to do a reset, set a general (two people, what is the point)!
Besides, why blame the Wizzes? It ain't them who will go north and bash is it silly billy boy. It's down to us morties to make MUD what it is. Sooooo sick of the Wizzes being blamed for this.

I forgive you Diggipoos for being mean about me, as for making an example of me being ubersneak well... BOIYA

[ This Message was edited by: Zordell on 13-03-2009 15:39 ]


  View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Joined: Nov 20, 2006
Posts: 530
Posted: 13-03-2009 15:37   
In fairness to the wizzes, how many bashes have been missed in the past say, two years? Only two that I can recall, and I'm usually online to notice. Lets also bear in mind that they do it in their own free time on a game in which they have absolutely no obligation to do anything on, but they choose to do it anyway because they care.

As for running more events, I know for a fact that Crazyfool has stated on numerous occasions that he is happy to run them if people ask (quests, sorc wars, etc). I'm sure if you start a new thread with a suggestion for an event, and a suggested date/time, you'll find that you'll get a very positive response from both mortals and immortals, assuming of course that the suggestion is a reasonable one.


  View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.

Powered by phpBB
Copyright © 2000 - 2001 The phpBB Group

phpBB Created this page in 0.031875 seconds.