[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Sneak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Author Sneak
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 13-03-2009 19:42   
Thank you Armand. You saved me from ranting there.

I have missed one bash and that was due to me being on holiday. I juggle a job, a part time Masters degree and a drink habit...oh and Mud.. I usually combine the last two..just ask Cenedra..and everyone else.

Seriously though, if you want anything doing, post on here and get some interest. I remember Armand organizing a huge Scavenger hunt and very few people showed. Quit moaning and do something about it.

As for the sneaking? I havent been on enough to comment sadly.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-03-2009 20:15   
Personally I feel that if someone can get away with sneaking - good luck to them. It is not illegal within the definition laid down in MUDSpeke.

If you want to avoid players who are likely to kill you, it makes sense to me to play when they are not around and clear off as soon as they appear.

Perhaps I am as naive as Leak, (We have been playing about the same length of time.) but I can see only two reason for killing a Mage (1) he/she is worth points (2) he/she's a muppet and we mortals do not want muppets for Wizzes. But it is up to us to sort out any perceived bad sportsmanship that is not actually breaking the rules. It disturbs me that this issue was brought to our attention by a Wiz. Or a least kicked off by a Wiz. Mind you if I had been Leak, I would have kept my head down. Now we all know about it.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 13-03-2009 20:17 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
caboose
cabalist

Posted: 13-03-2009 20:28   
Anyway on a lighter note, mentioning different scenario's, how about something like assasination where everyone has to hunt down a particular mobile and get extra points for said mobile, then when it is hunted down and killed we move onto the next most wanted mob and so on..... of course to do something like that you'd have to make the wh spell inactive (not sure if that possible or not but hey i'm the one with stupid idea's not the one who figures out how they work) or maybe give a mobile an item which has to be swamped for the points.......... ok its probably a ridiculous idea but until i hear that you don't want anymore idea's i'm just gonna keep em coming (i'm sure i can think of worse, i've only been trying for about 5 mins)

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 13-03-2009 22:06   
People do try to make a mud career out of sneaking, and it never, ever, ever, works. You always get caught, and you always get killed. So what's the point? You just stress yourself out. Try it if you've got the time. For a week, log on at 3am and play a set. See what happens when you hit warlock

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 13-03-2009 22:23   
Quote:

On 12-03-2009 23:47, digriz wrote:
I be on and 3 players in WHO but 2 in tee room not playing, usually of same 2 or 3

Why did wizards and arch wizards not do some thing about this earlier, they must seen it or logged it? Fod persons and publicise it so we know not cheat like this if not allowed.

what do other think?

blib said ilisity was doomed next comment said hal attacked ilsity for first time - why attacked then?

if game flaw it need fixed.

I think you must have been on illegal substances or something when writing this, despite the fact your other posts in this thread are also gibberish, as seen by the multi post quote above, posts you wrote before were not. So it is not an inherent illiteracy.

Or to put it another way, me make Firedemon dikshunary in game once, me make you dikshunary too you like.

Me tell you want if?

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 13-03-2009 23:52   
Hello. It's me again. How's everyone? Good. Have I mentioned that I'd like Hal banned? I have? Oh well.

Anyhoo, the reason that I said that Leak was doomed was because he had posted this thread specifically to gripe about the game and the Arch Wizzes. Schoolboy error.

He had, in effect, put his head above the parapet and drawn attention to himself.

Now, I know nor care not whether Leak is sneaking. However, if an Arch accused me of doing so, I would say 'Fair enough' and adjust my playing methods accordingly.

I wouldn't go bleating on about it and in trying to justify myself, prove that the Arches' accusations were, in fact, correct.

Now, that's funny IMO.

BAN HAL !

Carry on.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 13-03-2009 23:56   
Oh, one more thing.

digriz, for you to accuse Cenedra of underhand tactics proves two things to me.

1) You really shouldn't comment about things that you do not know about.

2) By attacking her in such a manner, you have proved yourself to be a muppet of the lowest order.

You sir, are a bounder.

Toodle pip.

royston
ranger

Posted: 14-03-2009 07:17   
I agree with Blib. He has put my own views (with one exception) better than I put them myself.

I can see the reason for someone trying to sneak but why tell the world that you are doing so? It seems counter-productive.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 14-03-2009 21:50   
I am better than Royston.

royston
ranger

Posted: 14-03-2009 22:48   
Agreed - but you have been at it longer!

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 15-03-2009 08:57   
It's nice to see the boards active again.

So what if someone has the xxxx and the xxxxx and a million wafers. That doesn't mean they'll win. Work out tactics to beat a kitted person!

- Heiach

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 15-03-2009 08:59 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-03-2009 08:58   
I love how it's only drama that gets us excited

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-03-2009 09:08   
Drama?

Wot drama?

Gadget
friar

Posted: 15-03-2009 22:07   
Quote:

On 13-03-2009 20:28, caboose wrote:
Anyway on a lighter note, mentioning different scenario's, how about something like assasination where everyone has to hunt down a particular mobile and get extra points for said mobile, then when it is hunted down and killed we move onto the next most wanted mob and so on..... of course to do something like that you'd have to make the wh spell inactive (not sure if that possible or not but hey i'm the one with stupid idea's not the one who figures out how they work) or maybe give a mobile an item which has to be swamped for the points.......... ok its probably a ridiculous idea but until i hear that you don't want anymore idea's i'm just gonna keep em coming (i'm sure i can think of worse, i've only been trying for about 5 mins)

We could have some kind of game hunt...

View Profile of Gadget        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.