[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 12/05/2011-
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Bash Report 12/05/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-05-2011 09:46   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 12TH MAY 2011.

We kicked off dead on nine o?clock: Crixas the Hero, me at Superhero and Cenedra the Mage cheering us on from the Tearoom.

I was lucky in my kitting up I stumbled on the oracle as well as the dagger in no time at all. Crixas had one pointer and the other was ?falling off cliff?. That meant he was on the already way to the Island. It also meant I had to find another means of getting into the Goblins? Lairs. I went through the waterfall and discovered I had forgotten to glow myself. I had no way out to the surface, unless I fought the goblins blind, so I went back through the Waterfall and hid my kit in the forbidding tunnel, vowing to return and pick them up later, then I quit. Meanwhile Crixas, sailing the seas, had fallen foul of the jellyfish.

Back in the game the first thing I did was get myself a glow. I meanwhile armed myself with the staff in case I was attacked. I ignored several mobiles as I searched for either a seaboat or the parasol to get back to the beach. But passing the ram for the third or fourth time, got fed up seeing it and killed it.

I found something I thought I could use to snoop on Crixas but it would not work as I was not at a high enough level.

Having dispatched the Stegosaurus , I went down the Well. Two hits from Watersnake3 and my stam was down to 14. I had omitted to stam up after the Steg. I had no option but to flee which cost me 239 points. My score was now less than it was when I started. On my way out I was attacked by Watersnake1 which cost me a further 233 points and my stam was now down to 11. Unbelievably fleeing out to the next room I crashed into Watersnake3 again, and this time when I fled my stam hit 4 but it cost me no further points. I soon had my revenge on Watersnake3 gaining 103 points instead of the usual 85. Well I had fled from it twice and it was good to get some of my lost points back. I dodged past a few others and picked up the Longsword. I managed to kill the remaining ones without incident. We had at this stage 154 mobiles alive and 71 minutes to go. Almost 2 per minute. Not so good.

While this was going on Robby the Necromancer told me that he was leaving the game as he was ?guna end up goin mad?. I had no idea he had been on. - invisible I suppose. And it looked as though Crixas had also called it a day and he did not show up on ?qw?. I found his (I assume it was his) kit at the Bottom of the Waterfall. I later lost 4 wafers in box0 when I accidentally dropped it in the sea. I should have typed ?litter? and not ?paper?. I was wearing the cape and for once I was experiencing no problems from the Vampire. I think that was because I had a certain item in my possession. When I later placed it in the Coracle, I found I got crippled. So perhaps I have learnt something there, but I still do not know what the cape does, I only know it?s a good thing to have because I have seen other players wearing it.

I went in the Goblins? Lairs and went through them systematically. G10 was in the same room as G4 and G5. I had slight palpitations but managed to dispose of all three with a remaining satm of 45. Next came 18 rats and then it was on to the Island to face the dragon. That went exactly to plan and I was soon back on the mainland waiting for it to die. Meanwhile I killed the remaining 6 rats.

The dying Dragon gave me 1,076 points which pushed me up to Champion level.

There are two situation in this game where success depends entirely on luck: One is facing the dragon. Even when you have done everything correctly and are in a perfect position to deal with it in the approved way, it can still get it in its head to attack you and kill you. The second one, is the business with the touchstone. And it was the touchstone which did for me this time.

Back in the game as a Novice, I collected my kit, remembering this time to ?ga x ts? This kit included the longsword. Outside the cottage I was attacked by the Old Man. When I tried to use weapon, it appeared I had not got one. Looking back at the log, I see I put it in the bag. Anyway I fled and quit on 25 stam., as I thought he might block me. What puzzles me most is why the Man attacked me in the first place. He has always ignored me in the past at Novice level.

Anyway, my main objective now was not the Bash but to try and get as many points and up a few levels before the reset. I visited the mine in auto mode till I reached Warrior. I then dealt with the wolf and swamped the treasure it was protecting. I also swamped everything else I was carrying at the same time. There were 4 minutes of play left and 106 mobiles still alive and I was well on the way to Swordsman.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 13-05-2011 10:07 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-05-2011 22:16   
I have been told today by a very wise and experienced player that although there is a luck element with the touchstone (based on the R.N.G.) there is no luck involved when facing the Dragon. Am I missing something here? I can kill him (her?) 24 times on the trot in the approved manner and on the 25th, although I present myself in exactly same way, I am attacked on sight as I come into the room. It happened again today. I followed the exact routine. I had the stuff in my hand; I was on full stam (100) and I was ready to get out immediately and it still attacked me on sight. I went back at protector level (with a much lower max.stam.) picked up all the bits and pieces and successfully did the business. I am sorry, I do not believe it's possible to kill the dragon every time even if you know what you are doing.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 13-05-2011 22:20 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 13-05-2011 23:21   
Beware wise and experienced players, for they may be neither as wise nor as experienced as you think (or they claim).

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-05-2011 11:36   
Oh I am wary, so very wary, of what other players tell me ever since my very first game when Blib told me the way to the Beach was to jump off the cliff. He was right but he did not tell me the whole story.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 14-05-2011 17:36   
If the Dragon attacks it probably woke up next to Hawumph again.

Come on! We have all done it....

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 15-05-2011 08:10   
I thought we agreed not to mention the time you woke up next to me CF?

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 15-05-2011 10:33   
I still wake up screaming....so does Vulnax...

Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 15-05-2011 10:35   
Hey i dont remember saying i was experienced, or to saying there was no luck to the dragon, i do remember saying that the dragon was not all luck and there are ways to avoid it attacking, but i could be wrong im just talking from my own experience and after all im not that experienced

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-05-2011 16:45   
I wasn't going to name names. But it's out of the bag now.

When I said wise and experienced I was comparing you to me. But then I suppose that would apply to most players in the game.

But it seems to me that you are saying in this post that if you follow a certain routine, the dragon will NEVER attack you. If that is the case, then there is something I am leaving out, as it attacks me on average I suppose, about one time in ten.

Going in on a high stam. I suggest gives you a better chance to escape when it does attack you and nothing else.

blib
explorer

Posted: 15-05-2011 18:38   
There's a dragon????

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 15-05-2011 19:36   
Quote:

On 15-05-2011 16:45, royston wrote:
When I said wise and experienced I was comparing you to me. But then I suppose that would apply to most players in the game.

In what way do you consider yourself inexperienced? You made your own maps, can probably count number of people who've done that on 1 hand.

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 15-05-2011 19:37 ]

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-05-2011 22:07   
Quote:

On 15-05-2011 10:33, Crazyfool wrote:
I still wake up screaming....so does Vulnax...

Indeed, but in such a different way

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-05-2011 22:09   
Me me .. I did that Sir!!

Made my own maps that is, all apart from the mine one I got off Richard's web site! T'was better than mine! ( no pun intended!! )

Quote:

On 15-05-2011 19:36, Turrican wrote:
Quote:

On 15-05-2011 16:45, royston wrote:

In what way do you consider yourself inexperienced? You made your own maps, can probably count number of people who've done that on 1 hand.

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 15-05-2011 19:37 ]

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-05-2011 22:11   
There's the "proper" way to do the dragon, and there are also a couple of ways to avoid a fight / get a silly death with el dragonne.. some other ways are apocraphyl and ( IMHO ) don't work!

So much hot smoke ( ohh I am on form tonight! !! )

Quote:

On 15-05-2011 10:35, itsgaia wrote:
Hey i dont remember saying i was experienced, or to saying there was no luck to the dragon, i do remember saying that the dragon was not all luck and there are ways to avoid it attacking, but i could be wrong im just talking from my own experience and after all im not that experienced

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-05-2011 22:12   
Hey Haw, remember new years eve ... discussing something ... did you progress it?

No doubt you'll need reminding!

V

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 16-05-2011 10:57   
Quote:

On 15-05-2011 22:09, Vulnax wrote:
Made my own maps that is, all apart from the mine one I got off Richard's web site! T'was better than mine! ( no pun intended!! )

Maybe 2 hands then. Why did you stop playing after you went to the (considerable) trouble of mapping?

Quote:

On 15-05-2011 22:11, Vulnax wrote:
There's the "proper" way to do the dragon...

This BL or mud2.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 17-05-2011 21:37   
Hi Turican,

Why did I stop playing after the effort of mapping?

Couple of things really...

Time, struggled to get a good clean couple of undisturbed hours to play a 'set properly.

Many / most people I knew left or wizzed...

The game became too social - loads in Tea room but few in game .... Houses were empty ...

Cliques / factions seemed to emerge.... but not in a healthy way to compete or fight with each other, ( as in PK vs anti PK houses in the past for example ) just to ignore / exclude these others...

The odd person ( admittedly good players ) "took over" the game - if they didn't think something was right they "ruled" on it and posted pages of diatribe... the Wizzes rarely stopped this with a ruling ..

Ok that's a concise view over the last 5 years or so!

I HAVE been playing, just not as me.
Not seriously, as it's just the odd half hour here, hour there, the bash some weeks etc. and the special events.

Shame really, as you know I adore the game since I found it in the early '80's and Richard let me on Essex in the pre internet days!

Recently ( last 6 - 12 months ?? ), apart from being few people on, the above issues have gone away as far as i can tell with my limited time in the Land.

I'll pop on more, maybe even as me!

V

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 17-05-2011 21:39   
Quote:

Quote:

On 16-05-2011 10:57, Turrican wrote:
On 15-05-2011 22:11, Vulnax wrote:
There's the "proper" way to do the dragon...

This BL or mud2.

I might be mixing the 2 up ... there is 1 proper way of doing Draggy AFAIK ( showing my ignorance perhaps ) but a couple of ways of silly death instead of Hawumph'ed and potentially avoidng a fight with Draggy .. not definite on the latter.

royston
ranger

Posted: 18-05-2011 08:38   
Quote:

....... a couple of ways of silly death instead of Hawumph'ed and potentially avoidng a fight with Draggy .. not definite on the latter.

Some one told me one way which guaranteed a silly death instead of a HAWUMPH. All it did was guarantee a silly death as soon as Draggy appeared.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 18-05-2011 18:53   
Get yo ass back to Mud Vully.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.