[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 28/07/2011-
Author Bash Report 28/07/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-07-2011 14:50   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 28TH JULY 2011.

To be candid this was not the most exciting Bash I have experienced but it was by no means the worst. We did not succeed in killing all the mobiles, of course, with just three or four active players for most of the time but it was a hearty slog that got the surviving mobiles down to 45.

Gaia, using a different persona, a Warlock, was an early casualty to the Basilisk. It killed him dead-dead, so that must have come through fighting the creature. He came back in as himself but wisely remained in the Tearoom, not wishing to risk his Mage in a bun-fight. Someone, I am not sure who, overcame the Basilisk and just three of us put in appearance in the Classical Ruin, Folly the Necromancer, Holyone the Sorcerer, and me at Superhero. Kwee the Superheroine missed the business and I think all the others were in the Tearoom. Except that is possibly Gsix who was a bit of an enigma.

It was, like I said, a steady slog killing all the obvious mobiles till we ran out of time. It was the difficult ones, as always left till the end, that survived: The skeletons, the Spider, the sealife and so on.

I know I edged my score up to Champion level and successfully transferred to Sorcerer, only to flee twice from the Swan, lose 1K points, and drop to Spellbinder. Ironically I had a run-in with a real swan in real life on Wednesday. I did not recover those points by the end of the set despite fighting my way with Folly to the top of the Keep.

Talking of Folly:

In the distance, you hear the thunderous roar of a finger of death spell!
*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Crixas the protector, killed by Folly the dragon-slaying necromancer,
(Raphael the warlock), killed by the basilisk.
*In the distance, you hear the thunderous roar of a finger of death spell!

I have no idea what the fodding problem was but, more to the point, what was a Necromancer doing killing a protector? This contrary to the two-level guide and there has to be a reason. It is not a serious breach as Crixas is an experienced player and being killed at protector level will have caused him very little heart ache.

On a more serious note, there was the suggestion mooted afterwards in the Tearoom that one of our number made an easy kill right at the start and then hid in a single-player room for the rest of the set. This is very annoying behaviour which can result in players seeking to ?punish? such conduct for weeks after the event. The Bash-General should have sorted this out during the set but he was unaware of the problem. Maybe next time you should elect one who knows what he is doing.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 29-07-2011 17:20   
dude roy,, im crixas i died coz i attacked folly hehe not a breach of rules here

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 29-07-2011 18:21   
Quote:
what was a Necromancer doing killing a protector?

sorry, he was spamming like crazy

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-07-2011 18:29   
I prefer Folly's explanation.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 29-07-2011 22:46   
Musta been spammin' that led to the FOD heard later!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 30-07-2011 09:09   
Roy, I was aware of the enigma; Gsix in the bathroom with the scarab. Or is that cluedo? But wasn't too bothered as I was still hoping the giants would open

I suspect the four people bashing dropped to three when the phoenix halted Holyone's progress up the pagoda. At least that was the only mob I found alive in my search for enlightenment.

With around 30 minutes left or so I decided to make a start on the dwarfs as there's lots of easy mobs to try to get the sv count down. Still, I suppose you didn't need to be a seer to realise the bash was probably over at that point. My decision to leave an item from the top of the pagoda in the hut proved unwise. My decision to try to save the other couple of items found at the top of the pagoda for the sharks almost proved fatal.

With the bash having been declared over, and my PC power unit fan doing its best impression of a pneumatic drill, I tripped over a couple of dwarfs and called it a night.

Today I buy a screwdriver and a hammer to see if I can fix the grating fan on the power unit. Or maybe a new computer.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-07-2011 11:25   
Thank you all for your comments. I have been playing this game now for just four years (not counting the time when on commodore 64 in the 80's)and the way up the pagoda is my last great puzzle. (I think - having by complete fluke found myself at the Alpine Cottage). I am studying the comments intently for clues.

GSix is indeed an enigma. 3K points is a lot at Warrior level but is it at Sorcerer? What to do would have been the problem. I wonder, can you keg someone hiding in a single player room?

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.