[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report04/08/2011+
Author Bash Report04/08/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-08-2011 11:41   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 4TH AUGUST 2011

The usual suspects were on parade just before nine o?clock: Folly now a Necromancer, Crixas back to Sorceress and Cenedra the Mage. As she had been given the prefix ?lovely? we all had a clue that there was a Wiz behind the scenes. A slimy, slithering Watersnake in the Tearoom was a dead give-away and made it certain. Other players came in, Badtony, whom I had never come across before was a Warlock, so had played a bit. I played a different persona: Og. Royston had been stuck for a week going up and down between Novice and Hero. If it ends in ?og? it?s probably me. Having said that you will all now create new accounts and we will have persona from Aog to Yog. (Zog already exists.) Hawumph the Arch Wizard suddenly made himself visible and later, when the game got going, we were joined by Crazyfool. No sign of Heiach then.

The first thing I did was to get a glow. I have been playing all week as a non-magic user and forgetting that I now had magic went through the convoluted routine. And later on I did my best to pull out the Longsword. At first it was just Crixas, Folly and me doing the business. But I also came across Badtony who may have been invisible when I ?qw?d?. I got both pointers and started off in the Goblins where I came across Folly carrying a spaman (sorry -sampan) and a rice flail. It did not register at the time but this latter should have told me that the Pagoda was open.

Somebody shouted for help in the ?Luch pasture?. She got no help but plenty of repartee for the typo. Folly helped with g10. I next went after the rats but they had all been dealt with. There was a bit of confusion over going to the Classical Ruin. Isn?t there always? But that was done and I started on the watersnakes. Half way through the first one, there was the sound of a dragon dying. I came across Ahti the Sorcerer (another new name to me) beating up a Watersnake. In the end I killed one and he five. Next on the list, as per usual, was the Pony. There was no Snowbird. I wonder if Ahti had killed it but left the Pony.

Someone flooded the mine. I went after the Stag. There were just 100 left when I came across an Ape on the Middle Mountain. It fought me with a writing brush. It had been carrying a fair amount of treasure and I admit to swamping this. It ws almost not worth it, for 65 points, but I was fairly near the swamp and I had, after all, killed the creature. I went after a few more apes and the Monk.

When there were 64 mobiles left, I found we had been joined by two more players: Gsix and Mrsorc, both sorcerers. While I was engaged with Ape5, Ape6 appeared on scene and promptly joined in. I had to end it by fleeing from Ape6 although I killed Ape5. I got 128 for the kill but lost 506 for the flee. However if you take account of all the apes and the Monk I probably came out on the right side of the ledger. I don?t know how many apes I accounted for but it was a fair few.

While all this was happening there was the sound of a bell tolling. According to various articles on Mud this bell is up in the Belfry situated near the Great Gate that opens up the Pagoda Area. You can?t get to it but it tolls whenever a magic user is killed dead-dead. At the same time a new mobile Z10 is spawned. It is always Z10 (Z for zombie) and has the appearance of the deceased Magic-user. I suppose if a second qualified player is killed Z11 is spawned but I don?t know.

An Obit showed the dead player to be Gsix and killed by ?someone?. This shows that the killer was invisible at the time. It could have been a mobile like the Old Man or another player. I later learnt when we were all doing the washing up in the Tearoom afterwards that it was Badtony who took him out. It appears that Gsix had paid not the slightest attention to my remarks last week about hiding in one-player rooms while the rest of us are working our socks off. If he continues this policy of trying to get an easy 3K points, he will become even more unpopular with other players than he is now and could find himself PK?d as soon as he goes north.

But what I cannot understand is missing all the fun just to get a few easy points. Getting the bonus at the end is not the most important part of bashing. I do not wish to sound like an ex-public schoolboy but the best bit is the taking part. Winning or losing (or as I prefer succeeding or not succeeding) is not important. And let?s face it 3k at Warrior level is well worth having but at Sorcerer level it ain?t a lot of potatoes.

The piglet was still about and on my way to the monastery I came across Ahti happily engaged in a bit of sacrilege. Please note he had already set fire to the door and continued his assault on it after I had opened it with a key.

Entrance to abbatial church.
The church door is locked shut. The church door is on fire.
Ahti the pirate sorcerer is here carrying a shortsword.
*You hear a CHOP, as Ahti the pirate sorcerer hits the church door with the
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
shortsword.
*op door
The key52 grates in the lock...
The church door creaks slowly open.
shortsword.
shortsword.

I soon consulted my now famous list:

After a while.....

*wh bear
1 in the place known as "attic".
1 in the place known as "on giant bed".
2 in the place known as "small bedroom".
1 in the place known as "open field".

[These I thought were all toys (though with hindsight I should have pick up on the last one) So?]

*wh grizzly bear
Your spell doesn't find any [Note!]

[Later on??]
*wh grizzly
*wh grizzly
*wh grizzly

Sometimes you just have to spam.

I thought that was the last mobile but there was one left. Aptly it was Z10. He was very soon dispatched.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 05-08-2011 12:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 05-08-2011 12:11 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 05-08-2011 17:02   
It was quite an enjoyable bash especially with the experienced players on.

Quote:

On 05-08-2011 11:41, royston wrote:
There was no Snowbird. I wonder if Ahti had killed it but left the Pony.

It's sad but I still can't find my way around North Mountain.

Quote:

Somebody shouted for help in the ?Luch pasture?. She got no help but plenty of repartee for the typo.

She got help

On another note, I think we should consider banding together in groups of two to avoid unnecessary flees like that for safety and speed both.

[ This Message was edited by: trollsmash on 05-08-2011 17:08 ]

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 05-08-2011 17:21   
Spam!

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 05-08-2011 20:22   
Or, if you don't have a key, or the time to wait for the door to burn down, you can just walk into the church using a route that bypasses the locked door lol.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-08-2011 23:34   
Quote:

It's sad but I still can't find my way around North Mountain.

Unless you are Blib who scorns maps or CF who carries the whole topography of the Land in his head, you need to map. Use a PP, room descriptions on verbose, autoexit and the frequent use of 'qn'. Also use a client so that you log your perambulations and make your maps from the logs afterwards.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-08-2011 23:36   
Quote:

On 05-08-2011 20:22, Folly wrote:
Or, if you don't have a key, or the time to wait for the door to burn down, you can just walk into the church using a route that bypasses the locked door lol.

Thank you that's something else I know I don't know. Before you said anything I didn't know I didn't know.

EDIT: DOH!! I am confusing 'Entrance to Abbatical Church' with 'Entrance to Monastery'. Tell me there is a way past the door at the outside monastery entrance.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 06-08-2011 10:36 ]

Miek
pioneer

Posted: 06-08-2011 16:30   
Quote:

An Obit showed the dead player to be Gsix and killed by ?someone?.

If the 'someone' is in red it's a player.
If the 'someone' is in purple it's a mobile.

Good report!

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 06-08-2011 17:24   
Quote:

On 05-08-2011 23:34, royston wrote:
Also use a client so that you log your perambulations and make your maps from the logs afterwards.

I did that then never looked at them, made maps while in game instead.

Quote:

On 05-08-2011 23:36, royston wrote:
EDIT: DOH!! I am confusing 'Entrance to Abbatical Church' with 'Entrance to Monastery'.

We'll let you off this once.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 06-08-2011 17:51   
Only losers make maps...and Turrican....

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 06-08-2011 19:25   
Quote:

On 06-08-2011 17:51, Crazyfool wrote:
Only losers make maps...and Turrican....

Why put effort in when you can copy?

royston
ranger

Posted: 07-08-2011 09:39   
It's amazing how some players claim they get by without maps. It's a 'macho' thing, I suppose. Let's be honest; we all do it. Use maps - I mean.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 07-08-2011 12:19   
I was only joking. However I can honestly say I have never ever made a map. Although go ahead if it helps you. I understand I am the minority here.

Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 07-08-2011 19:53   
Ive never made a map but to be honest i think its just coz im lazy

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 08-08-2011 14:18   
Quote:

On 07-08-2011 09:39, royston wrote:
It's amazing how some players claim they get by without maps. It's a 'macho' thing, I suppose. Let's be honest; we all do it. Use maps - I mean.

Most just remember directions from A to B.

Quote:

On 07-08-2011 12:19, Crazyfool wrote:
I was only joking. However I can honestly say I have never ever made a map. Although go ahead if it helps you. I understand I am the minority here.

I know. You know me, any opportunity to have a dig at clones.

Miek
pioneer

Posted: 10-08-2011 09:29   
Quote:

Most just remember directions from A to B.

Like me =]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.