[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 01/09/2011+
Author Bash Report 01/09/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 02-09-2011 11:56   
BASH REPORT FOR THUIRSDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2011.

Yet another success. That now makes five in a row. But it was touch and go with the last mobile. This was a firefly (ff4) and it was killed with only three minutes left. I came in for a bit of criticism for not complying with the Bash-General?s instructions. I agree that when I was made aware of it still being alive I should have gone after it. But can I say in mitigation that I was not given a personal instruction. The information was given initially to everyone by means of a shout and I left it to someone else, as I was on my way to a sticky interview with the spider:

Bathroom.
A small, opened vial stands here, labelled: "POTION 3 - (removed)". A small, opened vial stands here, labelled: "POTION 2 - (removed)". Standing conveniently close by is a small phial. The opened phial0 contains medicine.
*g phial
Opened phial0 taken.
*cl phial
The opened phial0 is now closed.
*Rage the dragon-slaying, bash-general necromancer shouts "ff4 alive".
*o
Upstairs landing.

The second time, it was mentioned to me was in passing when we were fighting one of the skeletons:

The skeleton2 misses you.
*Rage the dragon-slaying, bash-general necromancer says "ff4 still there".
*You hit the skeleton2 (15-19).
The skeleton2 looks to have minor damage.

ff4 gets four other mentions in my log but they appear after the Bash was over.

I am sorry but a bit like Lord Cardigan, I did not understand the order and it all nearly ended with the same result - disaster.

Anyway I do not wish to harp on about that.

Those present at the start were Ahti the Necromancer, Rage the Necromancer, elected Bash-General, and Folly and me at Sorcerer. Soon after kitting up I was attacked by the Billy Goat. Luckily I had a good weapon and he did not prove difficult. My pursuit of the Goblins was interrupted by a visit to the Classical Ruin. After the Gobilns I wanted to do the rats but they had already been dealt with. No prizes for guessing what I did next: The Watersnakes and then the North Mountain. Ahti found me under the well and we killed all the Watersnakes together. The Pony and the Snowbird posed no problems.

Later Folly and I came across Ape1 on the road. It wasn?t there for long. Next came Ape6,valued at an incredible 183. I picked up the rice flail, which I dropped off in the hut, together with six herbs, that I thought might be useful to someone who knows what to do with them. Now I went for the Spider, which in my na?ve way I think I have got down to a fine art. Well, this time anyway. My score went up by 150 but my stam was down to 31. It was just then that Ahti shouted for help with sk1. I had not yet stammed up after my encounter with the Spider, so had to flee from sk1 pretty soon on 15. I had to nip back where Ahti was still fighting it and snatch my kit. Luckily for me I was not re-attacked by the skeleton.

We were soon down to 45 mobiles in 53 minutes. This is well within the 1 per minute criterion for a win. Kwee the Sorcerer showed up on a ?QW?. I am not sure how long he had been playing. Perhaps it was from soon after the start. I know, but I am not sure how, he got my dagger. I rearmed myself with the falchion and found myself a couple of dwarfs. I went after sk2 and found Rage already engaged with it. It was after the skeleton fell apart, that the Bash-General gave me an instruction which I was very clear about:

*Rage the dragon-slaying, bash-general necromancer says "you get puss,hb,etc".
*Rage the dragon-slaying, bash-general necromancer smiles.
*"Ok
Royston the sorcerer says "Ok".

I dealt first with the Snugglepus then swopped my falchion for the staff. I found the Hunchback had already been killed by another player. I persuaded Kwee to help me with the Tiger. He accompanied me as far as the Wide Path, then went off on his own. Thinking he would find his own way into the Courtyard and would not take long, I went for the Tiger on my own. I love these people with a sense of humour who lull me into dangerous situations and leave me to it. I fled this time at 22 stam. In the end it was Rage who helped me out with the Tiger. I had to leave him briefly while I went for my abandoned weapon but together we overcame the beast. Someone else dealt with the Giant Snake and the carp; both next on my agenda.

sk0 was next in the Fossil Room. But I hit the ?O? and the ?I? keys together when trying to open the Parasol:

*oip t
I don't know the word "oip".
*j
You are splattered over a very large area, or at least most of you is. The rest of your remains are, even now, being eaten by the seagulls (especially your eyes). If you'd have looked properly before you leaped, you might have decided not to jump!
(-314 = 15,035).
Parasol1 dropped.
Key52 dropped.
Firestone3 dropped.
Staff0 dropped.
Overall, you scored 871 points this game.

Back in the game, I found another parachute and went looking for sk0. Jigglypuff the Priestess who had been following me, decided to attack the skeleton on the vertical staircase:

*qn
Looking northward, you see a place known as "reverberating passage". It appears to be empty.
You look eastward, but it's too dark to see anything there.
Looking westward, you see a place known as "vertical staircase". It contains Jigglypuff the priestess and a skeleton0.
*w
There's not enough room in there for you.
*i
You are carrying the following:
the conch and the umbrella.
Weight carried: 1kg 500g/100kg.
Objects carried: 2/12.
*Jigglypuff the priestess tells you "lol my mistake".
*Rage the dragon-slaying, bash-general necromancer shouts "ur in a one man room mate".
*re cant get in
You tell your listeners "cant get in".

This was perhaps just as well for me because in my rush I had forgotten to pick up my staff. I had also omitted to site. There was only one way out:

Sliding down chute.

This time I got it right. I hung on to the umbrella; made sure I got a site and recovered my staff. Much to my surprise sk0 was still alive and kicking somewhere behind the Waterfall in the Reverberating Passage. It was one of three left. The second was, as you might expect, the Golem and the third, although it took a lot of effort to trace it, as I said at the beginning, ff4.

There was, at some stage, a suggestion that someone was looby-looing. I do not know anything about this. I leave that sort of thing to the Wizzes. It did not affect me personally.

Another good bash although we succeeded only by a narrow margin.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-09-2011 12:15 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kwee
cabalist

Posted: 02-09-2011 14:28   
Cracking report as always Royston.

I came in pretty late on, ~30 mobs or so left I think. The dagger0 was left in the hut so I figured it was fair game to anyone that wanted it - I didn't realise it was yours.

As for the tiger, I was trying to get to you but I got hopelessly lost and couldn't catch up in time. It wasn't deliberate!

View Profile of kwee      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 02-09-2011 15:48   
Quote:

On 02-09-2011 14:28, kwee wrote:
Cracking report as always Royston.

Thank you.

Quote:

The dagger0 was left in the hut so I figured it was fair game to anyone that wanted it - I didn't realise it was yours.

I always reckon anything left in the hut is meant for anyone to pick up

Quote:

As for the tiger, I was trying to get to you but I got hopelessly lost and couldn't catch up in time. It wasn't deliberate!

No I realise that. I was only pulling your leg. I find a map helps in that situation. I would sell you a copy of mine but I think the Wizzes might have something to say about it.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 02-09-2011 15:53 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 03-09-2011 23:14   
Quote:

On 02-09-2011 15:48, royston wrote:
No I realise that. I was only pulling your leg. I find a map helps in that situation. I would sell you a copy of mine but I think the Wizzes might have something to say about it.

I doubt you would do that, people who make maps (or solve puzzles) usually respect the effort put in.

[ This Message was edited by: turrican on 03-09-2011 23:20 ]

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-09-2011 12:22   
I have given out a sample of my maps (The Dwafen Realm) to a few people but only to those I am certain do not need it.

But you are right. They are on occasions an advantage and why should I give that advantage to other players.

kwee
cabalist

Posted: 05-09-2011 10:07   
I've started mapping out the areas I already know - it's definitely immensely rewarding if immensely confusing at times.

View Profile of kwee      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.