[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 29/09/2011+
Author Bash Report 29/09/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-09-2011 12:43   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2011

Before the bash started there was a bit of a discussion about having a dragon bash instead of a standard one. I was against the idea for two reasons: firstly, I think Thursday evenings should be sacrosanct and reserved for conventional bashes. I am all for other events but feel they should be held on another night in addition and not instead of the Thursday night bash. Secondly, depending on how it is organised, players may need as much as seven days? notice to prepare their personas. I will discuss the possibilities with CF and hope something can be arranged for a dragon bash in the next few weeks. But I am only one voice and some support on this forum would be more than just helpful. I would also remind you that there are other events that could be organised as I mentioned in a previous thread.

Last night?s bash got off to a good start. This week from what I can make out we started off with two warlocks Sambour and Sylar,(Sylar was elected Bash-General), and two Necromancers Stormin and me. Zalagar made her presence felt later on but she may well have been in there from the start and remained invisible to me. I started with a Firefly and followed this up with two zombies. I realised that I could be on the way to complete another task (the one where you have to kill one each of several mobiles). I thought I had better go after a rat before they all disappeared and ended up killing six. Next I went after a dwarf. I just killed one (dw18) and it was a tossup who would be the first to flee, me or dw48 when the Eagle joined in. With two foes I fled quite high on 22 and lost 1,837 points. I took me practically the whole game to recover those points. A bird came next and I went after the dove. Last on the list was a reptile. And what better one than a watersnake? That done, I had completed my task and laid another paving stone on my path to Wiz. (That's a joke Zalagar). I went on and killed the remaining five watersnakes followed up by the Pony and the Snowbird. Sheer habit I suppose. I was still 128 points down after the 300 bonus at 50 mobiles remaining. On the mountain I found the Mammoth encased in its ice. I know it is best left alone during a bash, realising it brings in yet another powerful mobile into play. But it has always intrigued me and it does not show up every game. The account showed 42 mobiles alive and 61 minutes of play left. Killing the remaining mobiles seemed to me, at that point, to be some sort of well-trodden ritual before we each collected 3K points. We could do it even if CF blinded us all for the remaining time. I decided to risk the anger of my fellow players and see if I could not release the mammoth. This involved the bowl from one of the bedrooms at the Inn and salt water from the sea. Needless to say it did not work. During my trip to the stony beach I came across the boar. Sylar found us engaged in combat and joined in (on my side). It was during this battle that his suffix ?mr-blobby? (created by CF to indicate Bash-General) changed to ?who is about to have his head cut off by a finger of death?. I wonder what he had done to upset the remaining and mysterious Wizard. Crazyfool had gone off. I helped out with the keep. I now accounted for 27 mobiles and my score must have been back up to zero for the game. The spider put it into positive figures. Sylar called for help with a skeleton (sk2) in the Mausoleum. I went there and waded in. Sylar complained it was not dying. The problem with skeletons is their speed of recovery. They can be close to death. You miss them a couple of times and they?re superficially damaged. Another thing about skeletons is that they are part of the larger group ?undead?. I had always thought this consisted only of zombies.

I next went after another skeleton (sk0) that lurks somewhere behind the Waterfall. This was somewhat rash. I fled at 11 but somehow landed on my site with just 9 stam, losing 919 points and putting my score for the game to -519. After I recovered my stam I went back for a second go. This time I had the sense to call for help before I started my attack, on the supposition I would need that help by the time it took to get to me. I caught up with it in the reverberating room. It attacked me on sight of course, as you would expect. Sylar tried to get into the room but was unable as it was too small. This was the third time in a row now that I tackled this mobile in a small room. Thankfully someone made me invisible which helped and eventually the skeleton fell apart. We were now down to just 15 mobiles. I managed to discover one of them, Snugglepuss, who often seems to be overlooked. None of the others showed up on my list. By the time I had gone through it, my magic was too low to continue and we were in any case down to one.

This just had to be the Golem, of course. The Inner and Outer Sanctums, where he inhabits, are protected from magic, so the ?WH? spell does not work. I was still 226 points down so an Icon would put that right. I hate ending the day with a lower score than when I started. The 3k is a bonus. I was waiting in the hut to collect my icon with Sambour when an invisible player appeared on the scene, or rather did not appear on the scene, and attacked him. The fight seemed to last a long time. Suddenly a load of kit appeared on the floor and I can only assume that one or either of them tried to flee but did not leave the room. They were both still there. I was tempted to grab the kit and run for the swamp. But discretion prevailed. It was all picked up by the invisible player. I swamped my icon. And I quitted the game.

Hawumph was in the Tearoom afterwards. Sylar and Sambour were there. From the conversation I gather that Sylar had been Sambour?s assailant. Zalagar was there. She told us she had disposed of the Giant Snake and three apes. Sylar said he had to eat all his wafers in order to overcome the Wraith. Sambour said he was lucky to kill the Shark on just 4 Stam. And Stormin told us he tried to flee from dwarfs on 7 stam but because he cannot type very well actually fled on just 1. I totally empathise with that.

For some reason I cannot explain I did an ?SV? command. It showed a single survivor, when there should have been none. We never did find out what it was. It could not have been the redwoods opening as there would have been more than one. It could not have been Z10 as no one had died that set. It might just have been an ape if someone had been messing about with the coffins in the pagoda. But we will never know.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 30-09-2011 13:06 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 30-09-2011 15:20   
For the record, I came in late. I think pagoda opened some time after I showed up, because the mobile count went up to over 40, and when I first arrived, it was somewhere in the thirties.

As for the one mobile who showed up a few minutes after the bash, I have no idea who it was, either. I could have gone into The Land and WH'd every mobile I could think of, but by then, I needed to go. Your guess is as good as mine.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 30-09-2011 16:54   
Genuinely fantastic write-up Royston! (as always)

It helps to know what's going on in the world of MUD when I am unable to play due to real life... Though I always somehow find time to read the MUD forum!

Thanks guys.

[ This Message was edited by: miek on 01-10-2011 20:58 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 02-10-2011 11:41   
Quote:

For some reason I cannot explain I did an ?SV? command. It showed a single survivor, when there should have been none. We never did find out what it was. It could not have been the redwoods opening as there would have been more than one. It could not have been Z10 as no one had died that set. It might just have been an ape if someone had been messing about with the coffins in the pagoda. But we will never know.

It was the crocodile. HTH

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kwee
cabalist

Posted: 04-10-2011 11:33   
Brilliant as always Royston. I've actually got this Thursday off so will be attending for once!

View Profile of kwee      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 04-10-2011 15:25   
I might be able to attend 20th october bash! Gaia - watch out!!! xD

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.