[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 24/11/2011-
Author Bash Report 24/11/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-11-2011 13:00   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2011
I got in a few minutes late. As far as could be seen the following were the riders and runners at the start:

Elizabethan tearoom.
Players:
Crazyfool the stand-up wizard
Royston the hero
Folly the superhero
Hood the little red riding necromancer

It looked as though things were going to depend on Hood as the only magic-user in the game, though I believe there was an invisible Warlock about. It is always difficult to bash as a non-magic-user as you need to really search for things. At Hero level I was not too badly placed with a maximum stamina level of 100 and at least I knew where the watersnakes were. During my various lives I like, not only to see how many points I can get and how far up the levels I climb but also see how many tasks I can perform. The six snakes is perhaps the easiest of them. I have done all the tasks but not in one life experience. I next got the Hedgehog and the Billy Goat, both fairly easy to find. I searched for the Fox in all the usual places but reckoned he was taken out by another player.

Folly asked me to help with the portcullis and I was all for this. I realised that neither of us had a key and dashed out to find one, leaving him there. On my return Folly was sleeping on the Staircase Landing. I opened the door and went north and engaged the two goblins in the Guard Room. I killed G11 and had almost dealt with G12 when Folly appeared and we finished off the job together. I don?t know how he managed it but he got to the notebook before I did. After this, Folly disappeared. I carried on and picked up an item of treasure from the Goblins? Treasure Chamber. This is what Folly should have done because moments later:

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Folly the superhero, killed by 3 rats.

I killed four goblins in all. Folly must have dealt with the rest. I soon found there were no rats left. I skilfully avoided the Old Man several times. He can be tough.

I found a bit of kit that would get me off the North Mountain and went after the Pony and his companions. And as I was doing so:

*A male voice in the distance shouts "pag open!"

I came across Folly, already back to Hero. And soon after we were down to 50 mobiles in 51 minutes.

I was now finding it difficult to find any mobiles and foolishly went after the spider. I took all the necessary precautions but still had to flee, when I left out an essential part of the string command:

*The spider sinks her fangs into your flesh! You feel the poison enter your bloodstream...
Stamina=9/100.
You hit the spider (10-14).
The spider looks critically injured.
*f j.o
You cannot go over from here.
(-117 = 4,811).
Lit brand14 dropped.
Opened, empty phial1 dropped.
Parasol0 dropped.
Key52 dropped.
Staff0 dropped.
You have fled by trying to go over.
*Paddock.

I had to go back for my kit, which I managed to do successfully, again with a string command:

*e.ga x spider.w
Ruin.
A sturdy staff lies within easy reach. A rusty key can be seen here. Standing conveniently close by is a small phial. On the ground lies a burning fire brand. An enormous spider stands before you!
*Lit brand14 taken.
Opened, empty phial1 taken.
Key52 taken.
Staff0 taken.
*Dense forest.

I recovered my stamina and full of confidence that the spider had not yet been able to recover all hers went in boldly:

*The spider sinks her fangs into your flesh! You feel the poison enter your bloodstream...
Stamina=72/100.
You miss the spider.
*The spider misses you.
You hit the spider (5-9).
The spider looks to have minor injuries.
*There is a sudden burning sensation in your chest, which grows sharply in intensity and seems to ignite your throat. Coughing and choking, you fall to your knees as it worsens, and you feel wracking pains all through your body. Your eyesight grows blurred, and you start to froth madly at the mouth. At once, your eyes roll upwards, your tongue flops out, and you keel over backwards, dead...
(-105 = 4,806).
(-230 = 4,576).
Staff0 dropped.
Key52 dropped.
Opened, empty phial1 dropped.
Lit brand14 dropped.
Overall, you scored 1,294 points this game.

This wasn?t too clever . But it got worse. Back in the game I decided to recover my kit again. This went as it did the first time; no problems there. However all reason must have left me and I decided it would be useful to see how the spider was recovering from the fight. Accordingly I typed in another string command with disastrous results:

*e.ql spider.w
Ruin.
An enormous spider stands before you!
*The spider looks full of life.
*Your way is blocked by the spider.
*w
Your way is blocked by the spider.
*The spider is approaching you furiously.

I thought I had better flee earlier than later as I had not been able to find any antidote to the spider?s venom. This time I got the string command right but I lost another 880 points in the process. It would have been cheaper to allow myself to be stung.

I left the spider and next went inside the Pagoda to try once again to find the way to the upper levels. I only succeeded in getting high on something in the air. I am doing something fundamentally wrong here. And I have had enough clues from players, most of which, as you might expect, conflict. Finding my way up the Pagoda is the last bit of exploring left for me.

I ran into Folly, now back to Swordsman and Gaia up to Heroine but not for long:.

*obit
Folly the dragon-slaying hero, killed by the tiger,
The following non-first-game players have died to the touchstone this reset:
Gaia the heroine, short of luck by a large margin.
It has started to rain.
*Gaia the yeoman has just arrived.
*Gaia the yeoman has just left.

It looks like he had the operation while he was at it. But things generally were looking good:

An auto-reset will be initiated in approximately 19 minutes.
*sv
13 alive, 281 dead.
Knowing that the Golem was still alive I went to the Ancient Chamber and hung around. I could not have been quicker with my command but much to my surprise I found myself facing the creature. Myself ? ME! But for once the r.n.g was running in my favour. Strange to say, I was actually overpowering it when Holyone appeared on the scene and I had to share the points:

The golem looks close to death.
*The golem hits you (39/100).
You hit the golem (5-9).
The golem looks close to death.
*You hear sounds of combat, as Holyone the superhero attacks the golem.
*You hear fast movement, as Holyone the superhero misses the golem with his longsword.
You hear fast movement, as the golem misses Holyone the superhero.
The golem misses you.
You hit the golem (5-9).
You have killed the golem.

There?s no justice in this game. Seriously though, I am grateful. I would far sooner get help when I didn?t need it than not get it when I did. The problem was now how to get back. I got as far as the Viscious Rocks when as luck would have it, Hood appeared on cue and dropped the Sampan. Guessing that as a magic-user, he would have no problem getting back to the mainland I stole his boat. Looking back at the log I could have used the baton which he had also left lying around and which I had not noticed, but where would I have ended up?

Once again the Golem was not the last mobile. I have no idea which one it was but we were down to 1 when suddenly the SV went up to 10. Someone, it transpired, had opened up the Redwoods.

I have no idea who this was. Confessions below please. It did not go down well with the other players. There are a number of ways of finding how this game works. One I advocate is if you come across anything that could conceivable have writing on it, read it. Another is if you come across an object and you want to find a use for it, ask yourself ?what could I do in real life with this?. Now, I like to think that this is what happened in this case. A player found a certain object and tried the obvious. But then I am na?ve and gullible.

This was a great bash which everyone taking part enjoyed. The fact that we did not succeed in killing all the mobiles and each getting our 3K points is incidental. It was a very close thing and if there is such a thing as a moral victory, this was it.

Interestingly, a point I raised a few weeks ago has been settled. You can have more than one player in the Outer Sanctum.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-11-2011 15:43 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 25-11-2011 18:03   
Slight correction Roy, when I asked for help with PC it was Folly the warrior you helped. Folly the superhero was already dead (entirely my own fault). I also had the coal on me, along with k10, k53 and the big two-handed key The zz's were post-G10.

Regarding Redwoods, I guess you don't need to be Poirot to realise it was probably the same person who made the apes last week. Personally I applaud this but think they need to raise their game. Giants next week has to be their target. Sooner in the reset rather than later though!

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 25-11-2011 18:10   
*obit
(Folly the swordsman), killed by the shark,
Folly the dragon-slaying hero, killed by the tiger,
The following non-first-game players have died to the touchstone this reset:
(Symphony the legend), short of luck by a fraction,
Gaia the heroine, short of luck by a large margin.

Final SV on my log was 5.

Nearly had the ants, or maybe they nearly had me. Four deaths would have been just embarrassing

You miss the swarm of ants.
The swarm of ants hits you (9/79).
*You miss the swarm of ants.
The swarm of ants hits you (5/79).
Something magical is happening.
(866).

royston
ranger

Posted: 25-11-2011 18:25   
Thank you Folly. I did not see you had the keys, or I would not have gone looking for one. I have never found a big two handed one but I think I know what you mean

You obviously did the rats before you ventured into the Gobs. I always do the Gobs first and have been criticised for it but feel it is safer.

As regards the Redwoods there was some suggestion afterwards that we destroy the means of opening it up right at the start. Personally I think a better idea would be to open up the Redwoods at the beginning of the set. An extra 10 or so mobiles would present little difficulties over a whole set and there could be a danger of the said item respawning after a time.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 25-11-2011 18:58   
Quick reply as I'm about to miss a train.

I would have done Goblins first, but I think Hood had the ptrs and he was chasing the gfc around the land for most of the start of the reset. To the Benny Hill theme.*

*disclaimer - this may not have happened.

Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 26-11-2011 16:00   
I came in late, though I did my best to help, disposing of shark1 among other things.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
fraxis
novice

Posted: 27-11-2011 01:11   
Ichi was the last mobile and we had it on critical when the redwoods opened.

We were very slow to get going and I hold my hands up to that as I was on a fruitless quest to pin down the GFC and failing miserably!

I think Folly said something along the same lines...I was sober at the start of the set and as a result was playing terribly for the first half an hour. Next week I'll make sure that I turn up considerably inebriated and do a better job.

Hood.

View Profile of fraxis      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.