[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash report 12/22/2011 +
Author Bash report 12/22/2011 +
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 22-12-2011 23:25   
Royston didn't show up until late, so I'm doing the bash report for this week. I don't have a log, so I'm writing this mostly from memory. Anyone else who was there can feel free to add stuff.

The bash got off to a good start. I fought with the thief and the raven at the beginning, and managed to do in the thief. I then went on to get the hedgehog and the bees out of the way early on (remembering several bashes where they'd been overlooked and were among the last few around).

At some point, the pagoda opened up, so I took out the ape gang leader and the rest of the apes were soon disposed of. Meanwhile, others dealt with dwarfs and the watersnakes.

I had to flee from the phoenix in the pagoda several times before I finished it off with help from another player. Meanwhile, others finished off the mobiles in the keep.

The evil wood duo of the vampire and the wraith were disposed of by a team effort. And soon it was time to do the usual WH game. Things were livened up by the appearance of a few additional mobiles, such as the panda, the giant ammonite, and a few badgers towards the end. I fought with and disposed of the panther, I don't know who defeated the giant ammonite, and I think those medding at the meditation places took care of the badgers but I'm not sure.

In the end, at the last minute, those facing golem (I think it was Gaia who went in) triumphed, and the bash was a success.

On another note, this session was more crowded than I've seen a MUD2 session be in quite a while. Let's hope we see more sets like this.

Heiach the biohazard wizard
Laura the warlock
Oblivious the necromancer
Gaia the necromancer
Folly the necromancer
Pipeweeeed the snowman-slaughtering superhero
Pinguis the ssssnake-ssslaying superhero
Vixen the vulpine heroine

And a few others whose names escape me right now were present.

Anyway, it was a great bash!

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 22-12-2011 23:28 ]

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 22-12-2011 23:30   
I didn't get here till around 10pm. Killed phoenix (that seemed to be worth a lot more than normal) with another player. Someone shouted for help with king and queen dwarf, so went and helped kill those. I then retired to the tearoom as it looked like everything was under control and I decided to sit the remainder of this one out. With a beer. Cheers!

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 22-12-2011 23:32   
Quote:

On 22-12-2011 23:30, Folly wrote:
I didn't get here till around 10pm. Killed phoenix (that seemed to be worth a lot more than normal) with another player. Someone shouted for help with king and queen dwarf, so went and helped kill those. I then retired to the tearoom as it looked like everything was under control and I decided to sit the remainder of this one out. With a beer. Cheers!

As you've probably figured out by reading the above, that other player you fought the phoenix with would be me. I didn't know it was you helping me finish it off because, alas, that room is light-proof.

fraxis
novice

Posted: 22-12-2011 23:33   
I took the Olympic flame on a route through the swamp and lost my enhanced stats early on. Spent the rest of the set fighting dwarfs and sleeping in equal measure.

View Profile of fraxis      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2011 00:20   
I've just noticed that the bash report date is in the US format.

I blame Royston!

Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2011 06:39   
Quote:

On 23-12-2011 00:20, Folly wrote:
I've just noticed that the bash report date is in the US format.

I blame Royston!

Royston can't entirely avoid blame. After all, he didn't show up until the bash was just about over. Therefore, I ended up doing the writeup. And since I'm a US-based player, I wrote the date in the format I'm used to.

We had an interesting discussion after the bash about possible variations, including a possible 'special bash' where all the other areas (pagoda, giants) are open at the very start. But that might be a discussion for another thread altogether.

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 23-12-2011 06:40 ]

Folly
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2011 17:59   
I agree with Zalagar it was good to see a lot of people there when I logged on last night:

Talnoy the superhero
Folly the necromancer
Cenedra the mage
Gaia the necromancer
Oblivious the dragon-slaying sorcerer
Pipeweeeed the hero
Vixen the vulpine heroine
Laura the hedgehog-hurting warlock
Pinguis the dragonfly-slaying sorcerer

We had a chat afterwards about simple ways of getting more people to take part in the bash and/or do something different with the bash once in a while.

One suggestion (cough) was for a bash, advertised in advance, where from early in the reset the pagoda and giants would be open. It would lead to a greater chance of failure if nobody turned up, but might be something different that people would enjoy.

If anyone has any views feel free to post them here or in a new thread.

Happy Christmas Eve Eve.

royston
ranger

Posted: 23-12-2011 18:48   
Quote:

I blame Royston!

I agree.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.