[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 29/12/2011-
Author Bash Report 29/12/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-12-2011 16:03   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 29TH December 2011

As you might expect it was a quiet enough bash this week. I put this down to two reasons. Firstly, it was in the week between Christmas and the New Year. And secondly a number of regulars got Skyrim for Christmas.

We simply did not have the usual numbers. Only three players North: Folly the Necromancer and joint Bash-Captain, Pinguis the Sorcerer and me the Sorcerer and also joint Bash-Captain. So between the three of us there were twice as many chiefs as Native Americans. After a while Folly disappeared and Hastur the Superhero went into the Land.

I won?t bore you too much with my antics. It is sufficient to say that early on I was killed by G5. It?s funny how ?ga? works for ?get all? but ?fj? does not for 'flee over'. There has to be a space between the ?f? and the ?j?. It?s a bit disconcerting to be told ?I don?t know the word ?fj?? after struggling to unblind yourself and your stam is suddenly down to 6. I recreated my persona and Heiach generously doted me to Warrior.

We were joined by Hellokitty the Swordsman and in a bit by Bushwhack the Necromancess.

Pinguis decided the time was right to do the Golem when there were 20 minutes and 22 mobiles left. I did everything expected of me at the right time but instead of someone else facing him, it was me. Luckily I had the longsword and to my utter surprise overcame him with my stam still at 76/88. It was here that I completely lost the plot. I was still in the outer sanctum and should have gone north to the inner sanctum for the icons but I was convinced I was in the Inner sanctum and needed to go to the outer Sanctum. The easiest command to achieve that I thought would be ?out?. And I found myself on the Vicious Rocks with no boat and worse still, no icons. It was Heiach who rescued me and got me out of an embarrassing situation by giving me the icons and depositing me in the hut.

It doesn?t end there. I dealt with the Spider and had stupidly failed to douse the lighted brand I had used and rushed headlong into the swamp. We were now into the last five minutes ?extra? time and there were still 12 left. I felt it was pretty hopeless until I stumbled into the Woodman?s Hut where I found one zombie, two female dwarfs, one stocky dwarf and a baby dwarf. I got the zombie and the baby dwarf. One female dwarf fled leaving me battling with the other and with the stocky dwarf. I fled on just 4, this time getting the commands right.

We were soon down to the last mobile and at 14 seconds left Heiach, the ever-tolerant Wiz gave us an extra 34 seconds. The last one was the Ghoul, who inhabits the Rotting Room (I think ? well somewhere round there under the Bone Yard). I always have to look up the directions through the Cemetery. I can never remember them but I have them written out on a map. By the time I had got my act together I managed to get as far as the Tomb Room but no further. Pinguis was just ahead of me and stated later that he had managed to get one blow in before the game ended out of time.

I think this was the closest we have been to winning without actually doing so for a very long time.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 30-12-2011 16:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 31-12-2011 10:19 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 30-12-2011 20:21   
Quote:

On 30-12-2011 16:03, royston wrote:
Firstly, it was in the week between Christmas and the New Year.

Christmas is for wimps!

Quote:
It?s funny how ?ga? works for ?get all? but ?fo? does not for flee out. There has to be a space between the ?f? and the ?o?. It?s a bit disconcerting to be told ?I don?t know the word ?fo?

Fo does flee out, are you sure that's what you typed?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-12-2011 23:11   
Err - I'm not sure about anything really.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 31-12-2011 10:18   
I see what happened. Looking at the log, I tried 'fj' not 'fo'. I will amend the main body of the text accordingly. Apologies.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.