[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 05/01/2012+
Author Bash Report 05/01/2012+
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-01-2012 17:37   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 5TH January 2012

We started off with just three active players Pinguis the Necromancer, Magick the Sorcerer and me the Superhero. Heiach the Wizard was also present acting as a sort of combined umpire/referee/trouble-maker. I got a staff, a key that worked most locks and a means of getting on to the beach before making my way into the Goblins? den. After a bit of a hoo-ha Pinguis was elected General. Down in the Goblins? it was suddenly very dark and I was committed to my task. There was no immediate way out to go and get a glow. To my intense embarrassment I had to shout for a glow. Something only very inexperienced players should do. Never mind, I got my glow. Of course as soon as I was there, and not able to surface easily the shout came up to go to the Classical Ruin. Despite my assurances to leave me out of it, Heiach teleported me there just in time. Back underground, I managed G2 and G3 comfortably, crashed into G10 in the Natural Cavern and again easily got the better of him before going on to the Guard Room and engaging G11 and G12. I managed those two and a further four goblins without losing any stam.

I made my way to the Coal Bunker, where I found all the rats killed and the coal gone. What to do next? Only too often in the past at this stage I would have gone after the Watersnakes but with my luck running high I wanted more of a challenge and went after the dwarfs. I had no intension of mixing it with any of the dwarf guards but thought I could pave the way by getting rid of some of the less belligerent ones. I could have flooded the mine but for some strange reason I decided to fight those ones this side of the gateway instead, dreading every moment that someone else might decide to flood it without warning. While battling it out with dwarfs 16 and 48 at the Citadel, this appeared on the screen of my monitor:

___ ____ ___
____( .-' `-. / )____
(____ _____ / (O O) _____/ ____)
(____ `-----( ) )-----' ____)
(____ _____________ ____/ /_____________ ____)
(______/ `-.____.-' ______)

I looked upon it as some sort of warning from a kindly Wiz but even now I cannot make out what it represents.

There was the sound of a dragon dying. A ?QW? displayed Magick as the dragon slayer as well as showing that we had been joined by Hawumph the Arch-Wizard, Devious the Warrior and Folly the Superhero.

I went on a short but essential visit to the Stable before going back to the Mine. After mopping up the remaining ?outside? dwarfs and the Eagle, I opened up the Gateway and soon found some more sort out. Magick appeared after a short while. I was relieved to see him. Mind you, he did tell me off for leaving the Gateway open as the dwarves escape, wander around and get everywhere you don?t want them. This was fair comment which I took on board; on the other hand I wanted anyone, on their way to help, to get past the Gateway without any hindrance. I know of three ways to open up the Gateway (there may well be more) and each of them depends on having a certain item in one?s possession or doing some sort of obscure task first. And there is no guarantee that helpers would have or would have done any of these.

The two of us mopped up all the remaining dwarfs. I realised that I was within easy reach now of Champion level and that swamping the throne would get me there. I did just that and then petted the touchstone and survived. (?pet ts? has fewer key taps than ?touch ts?) Now I was a magic user once again.

Earlier on Penguis had been puzzled about the snowleopard as it was hiding in the blizzard. As a non-magic-user I had been disinclined to investigate. But I was now as I was a magic-user and there was no problem getting off the North Mountain, I went to look. The creature was still hiding in the blizzard. From Snowy Mountainside, I simply spammed ?n? and hoped for luck. I found him eventually but I was spamming so quickly, and so violently, I rushed past him:

Snowy mountainside.
*n
You are stumbling around in a blizzard.
*n
*n
*n
You slip on the snow and fall down!
Snowy mountainside.
*n
*n
*n
*n
*n
*A short distance from you is a lithe and dangerous snow leopard.
*n
*s

Going back south wasn?t effective. I gave up after a few more attempts to reach it and decided to return to the mainland. I just said it?s dead easy to get back if you are a magic-user but that is provided you remember to ?site? first. And guess what? In my haste to get to the Snowleopard I hadn?t. Racking my brains (what little I had made it easy) I realised the only option was to quit and re-enter. This I did, losing my enhanced stats in the process.

There was a troll somewhere but someone else killed it before I got anywhere near it. I went after the spider but got confused because someone invisible just got there before me and started things off. We were by now down to single figures. On my way to sort out skeleton0 I came across the ammonite (which until recently I thought was a name for one of the more obscure American religious sects). Although only valued at a measly 1, it did have its amusing side:

You have killed the ammonite.
(+1 = 13,453).
A note has fallen to the floor here.
The ammonite becomes extinct.
*Suddenly, you sneeze.
*g note
Note taken.
*read note
Written on the note is: "Blame Cenedra for the Ammonite".
*dr note
Note dropped.

The golem had been done and now it was just Sk0 left. I did what had to be done in the Reverberating Room but to no avail. A quick check showed the skeleton was now in front of the hut. I rushed there overshot Gorse and found Folly battling it in the Vegetable Garden. It fled east and Folly went after it but as I was faffing about in my usual way it appeared in front of me, obviously fleeing from Folly, and I got the coup de grace in.

This was a good game. We ended with over 30 minutes spare.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 06-01-2012 17:49 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 06-01-2012 19:31   
It looks like this Roy

http://i41.tinypic.com/2m3l82o.jpg

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-01-2012 22:34   
Yes I remember it now. Somehow it got saved differently in the log. But what does it mean? I can see what it is. Who put it there and why?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 07-01-2012 09:45   
Someone with time on their hands to do ASCII art!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 07-01-2012 09:47   
A wizard with big hands?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.