[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » A few nasty remarks from me.
Author A few nasty remarks from me.
royston
ranger

Posted: 10-08-2012 11:53   
This is meant to be a bit of constructive criticism but it won?t probably read like one.

For the first time in a long time, I bashed last night. Because of r.l. interference I did not get into the game until it was well under way. To such an extent that I was worried that anything was left. To my surprise there was an awful lot left and I began to find that set areas of the land had not been completely cleared. For instance only 5 out of 13 goblins had been killed and 20 out of 22 rats. Where is the sense in leaving 2 rats? The only place where not finishing the job can be justified, I suppose, in the Dwafen Realm, where challenging one of the guards could be suicidal for a player on their own. But even here it was difficult to understand the logic, as all the powerful dwarfs had been dealt with and countless ?easy? ones left.

The watersnakes had been completed. But though someone had gone on, I think, to deal with the Snowbird, the pony was alive and well and munching the grass in the Open Field. I have always regarded clearing the North Mountain as a follow-up to the watersnakes. Perhaps I am on my own here but you cannot fault the logic.

So there are 6 watersnakes (plus 2 or possibly 5 mobs. [depending on what else is about] on the N. Mountain), 13 goblins, 22 rats and 51 dwarfs (5 of them outside the Citadel).

During the evening there were several requests shouted for locations. ?QW? showed that at Sorcerer I was the lowest level player, there being two Warlocks and one Necro. and I don?t know who invisible but obviously higher than I was to go round invis. One highlife player wanted to know where the Side Passage was. I was tempted to shout ?Platform, e,n,e,s? but resisted. Most people develop a mental image of the land and can easily find their way around using set routes. But sometimes this image breaks down and things get confused. There is nothing like a map to sort out this confusion and fix things in your mental image. It also helps to find shorter routes. So get yourself a protected persona and start mapping.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 10-08-2012 11:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 10-08-2012 11:55 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 10-08-2012 19:31   
Quote:

On 10-08-2012 11:53, royston wrote:
To my surprise there was an awful lot left and I began to find that set areas of the land had not been completely cleared.

I couldn't join the bash to witness but it's possible that some people just focus on treasure and ignore the goal altogether. On the other hand some mobiles are simply evasive if you aren't paying attention! I've seen a warlock(yeah that's you Chaos :P) who missed a bunch of goblins and we had to go back in the last 5 minutes.

Quote:

On 10-08-2012 11:53, royston wrote:
One highlife player wanted to know where the Side Passage was.

Since there aren't enough pks to apply natural selection these days, character levels do not equal player knowledge/speed.
I must admit I can't navigate through some areas easily(dwarves, north mountain, pagoda, sea!) but I still think mapping is just tedious and unrewarding. Spamming directions is the key :)

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 11-08-2012 22:13   
There was a bash? I checked at 8:45 and 9:05 and nobody was online.

I'll try to get there next week and help kill a few dwarfs. And maybe the bees.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 02-11-2012 05:40   
Quote:

On 10-08-2012 11:53, royston wrote:For instance only 5 out of 13 goblins had been killed and 20 out of 22 rats. Where is the sense in leaving 2 rats?

Maybe someone lost count of the rats or something. I don't know. I wasn't there. If I was, I would have made sure all the rats were disposed of. The whole point of a mobile bash is to get rid of all the mobiles. Leaving a few behind might be acceptable in non-bashes, but not in bashes unless you're dangerously low on stamina and need to run and rest somewhere.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.