[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » April Extravaganza
Author April Extravaganza
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 16-03-2002 12:54   
I fear that this event will not be quite as exciting. I very much doubt that we will have 40+ players taking part. And possibly the event might finish before the final dragon isle rumble.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 18-03-2002 00:19   
Well, if all the guest account abusers play their payed for accounts then there should be a few more, ehh Hei?

Spread the word, get a few of yer mates on!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 18-03-2002 08:31   
If everyone who currently has >100 minutes credit on their account turned up for the extravaganza there would be 142 players (this is minus wizzes and people who have created an account but have never used it).

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Wcase
novice

Posted: 18-03-2002 10:13   
So how many of the 142 accounts are second or reserve accounts from the same player, I for one have two registered?

Do you suggest multi lining to boost the numbers..how many players do you honestly guess will turn up?

I hope lots , the more the merrier..

View Profile of Wcase      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 18-03-2002 18:28   
Quote:

On 18-03-2002 10:13, Wcase wrote:
So how many of the 142 accounts are second or reserve accounts from the same player, I for one have two registered?

The number of players with more than one account is small, and hardly any have more than one account with credit.

Quote:
Do you suggest multi lining to boost the numbers.

Of course not. I was actually making a statement of fact that some people may have found interesting in reply to Jamesb's pointed question.

Quote:
how many players do you honestly guess will turn up?

I have no idea but I'm sure no matter how many or few people turn up much fun will be had by all.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 22-03-2002 17:43   
[quote]
Quote:
Do you suggest multi lining to boost the numbers.

Of course not. I was actually making a statement of fact that some people may have found interesting in reply to Jamesb's pointed question.
]

As Pointed as an erm, pointy stick I guess.

We want as many people on as often as possible, preferably able to do stuff not just wander about aimlessly or sit in the T room with a guest personae with similar name to their usual paid for account personae. The latter comment indicates that if that part of a guest account abilities were removed those who use the guest account for simple chat / meet the mates etc. would either disappear or use paid for time...

As we need to show FOR FREE the newbies the wonders of the Land we perhaps need a more ordered guest system to address the above issue... while allowing newbies to get a feel for the game.

Perhaps a forced set of TOURS for each guest log on, time limit on guest access, reduced communication abilities of guests ( like the current lack of the shout )etc.

As has been said many times in the past, people play MUD2 for the player interaction once the game mechanics and secrets have been discovered, so if this is reduced for guests ( as in long standing players playing as guest ) then these users will have to use their normal pay accounts, yet newbies, by definition new to the game, will not have need of massive communication abilities and yet can still play the game to gain a feel for it and then sign up and pay.

I don't know the costs of licensing / hosting the game, but if people come on for free so they can chat with their mates they should pay for the benefit as they would for playing the point scoring game.
No / few paying players, no MUD2 I guess!

Contentious comments perhaps, but may start a debate to get more people playing and paying, to ensure the future of the game.

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.