[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 13/12/2012++
Author Bash Report 13/12/2012++
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-12-2012 12:54   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 13TH DECEMBER 2012

Yes! A double plus for this one, I think. Six players in all and 51 minutes left at the end. I think this might be some sort of record. I have never been on a bash finished that quickly myself. You may have done so.

*qw
Heiach the biohazard wizard
Pushover the surrealist superhero
Royston the merry sorcerer
Peterpan the merry sorcerer
Folly the merry sorcerer
Robby the merry, bash-general warlock
Slenderman the dragon-slaying, merry necromancer

I came in a little late and had difficulty finding a weapon but someone had kindly left the blade in the hut and it was a lot better than nothing. I suspected, without any proof whatsoever, that the watersnakes had been beefed up. I almost had to flee on two occasions. I always try and rest between each kill and attack each one of them on a full stam. I do this because on the way to find somewhere dry to rest you can often be attacked by one of them. This is fine when your stam. is still about 60 but is bad news when having killed two, it's down to 30.

Underground lake.
*s
Underground lake.
A slimy, slithering water-snake surfaces in front of you.
*The water-snake0 is approaching you fiercely.
*The water-snake0 hits you (80/105).

I was clearing the North Mountain and, having dealt with the pony, was looking for the snowbird when there was the roar of the dragon dying. I thought then that things were moving quickly. Someone had already shouted for help with the keep as it was. Almost immediately afterwards someone else shouted ?in?. This told me that the Golem was already targeted (something that happens normally towards the end of the bash). And I had only just killed the snowbird.

Robby the Bash-General, suggested that I may wish to help with the dwarfs but when I got to their realm there seemed precious few about. Until I stumbled into the King?s Treasure Chamber that is. Facing the three thickset guards on your own will inevitably lead to a flee or worse but Slenderman put in an appearance and saved my bacon in the finest traditions of the 7th U.S. Cavalry. All three dead and my stam. was still a reasonable 51. The surlies, the dwarf guards in the Guard Room north of the Throne Room, I understand, proved very troublesome..

Back out in the open world, at Gorse, I tried several times to summon the mole from Small Tunnel with any success whatsoever.

We were soon down to just 10 mobiles. I have stated before that I have printed out a long list of mobiles, (not the complete list I reckon). Going through it, ?wh?ing? each in turn, soon uses up magic. After a while looking at my status bar at the top of my screen I saw that it was still showing 105. In a slight panic, I input ?qs? and saw my stamina, also showing full on the status bar was 58/105 and my magic was down to 39. I rested a bit. Then carrying on with the list, I got as far as ?queen? when?.

*wh queen
Your spell doesn't find any.
*Heiach the biohazard wizard shouts "that's a good time there guys, I'm Green with envy!".
*wh pterodactyl
Your spell doesn't find any.
*sv
2 alive, 295 dead.

I still don?t know which final two were left and I still cannot understand Heiach?s hint. But like I said, we finished in what I believe was a record time.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 14-12-2012 13:14 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Anonymous
Unregistered User
Posted: 14-12-2012 13:21   
Written on the board is: "
Team Bash Scores:

13/12/2012 - 51 minutes left (Royston, Pushover, Petepan, Folly, Robby and
Slenderman)
20/09/2012 - 35 minutes left (Xiax, Royston, Hjorvard, Moonlight and
Teslacoil)
06/12/2012 - 35 minutes left (Rhedvitra, Zalagar, Folly, Alexander and Plonk)
13/09/2012 - 30 minutes left (Xiax, Royston, Hjorvard, Folly and Hood)
04/10/2012 - 136 seconds left (Deafknell, Secondlook and Teslacoil)

The latest version of the score's for your viewing pleasure.

Slenderman

Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 14-12-2012 15:17   
The last 2 mobiles were Goblins, i forgot to take care of them while i was in there
Its nice to see you back Royston

Gaia

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-12-2012 17:07   
Im afraid that is what happens. I feel that once you start on mobiles of which there are several of the same kind, it's always best to make sure you account for all of them in one go. 'Wh'ing' them can be difficult. For example if you 'wh g' it will pick on an individual one, which may be or not be dead. If the one it selects has been killed you will get a negative response but it does not mean they are all dead.

There are 13 goblins (g0 - g12), 6 watersnakes (ws0-ws5), 22 rats (r0-r21) and 49 dwarfs (not counting the king, the queen and the baby). To make sure they have all been killed, you have to test for each one. This takes time and magic and is tedious. I advocate choosing an area and making sure that everything in that area is dealt with, before moving on to something else.

Who needs a soapbox?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-12-2012 17:14   
There was something else:

I was a bit disappointed there was no Father Christmas, reindeer, Christmas tree and no snow.

kaif
cleric

Posted: 14-12-2012 23:58   
Great report Royston. I always learn something from your reports.

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-12-2012 10:39   
Quote:

On 14-12-2012 23:58, kaif wrote:
I always learn something from your reports.

Good. As long as I do not give too much away. I too learn. I learnt only yesterday that you can abbreviate 'dwarf' to 'd'. All this time I have been spelling it out in full.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 15-12-2012 10:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 15-12-2012 10:43 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.