[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash report 14/03/13-
Author Bash report 14/03/13-
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-03-2013 20:21   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 14TH MARCH 2013

At the start there were only three players: Crixas the Warlock and Kiwi, elected Bash General, and me at Sorcerer.

The game started dead on 9 p.m. I thought I might do the pillar first and grabbed both pointers quickly. However Crixas was keen and as he was in a better position to do it, I was pleased to let him get on with it. So long as I got the pointers back to get into the Goblins? Cave, I was happy. There is no point in taking chances with the more powerful mobiles, if others are anxious to do so themselves. He had a bit of trouble with the grandfather clock. It was hanging about the Paved Yard for ages. But once he got to the Classical Ruin, I was surprised at the speed with which he dealt with the Basilisk. Obviously it's different at Warlock level. It always takes me a while and I find it is very dodgy. On one occasion I was unblinded and on another the Basilisk stole the brass monkey out of my hand.

I had a plan or maybe it was a dream: Goblins first, then the rats, and then the watersnakes and the North Mountain.

I found my way into the Goblins? and ran headlong into G10. I surprised myself at the ease with which I dealt with him. It doesn?t often go that well. The next seven went even easier I managed them all without the loss of a single unit of stam. My next goblin, which happened to be G6, was a little more difficult and my stam dropped to 70/120. I tried to stam up before going on but I was woken up by Crixas tickling me, who told me he had done the last two. I had some sleep, got some needed bit of kit and went into the Cellar of the Cottage to sort the rats out. There I found Crixas solo battling the whole pack of rats. I went for r0 all on its own. My reasoning was that a Warlock may be able to tackle all the rats at once but I intended to follow my usual practice of killing r0 first then tackle the rest four at a time, sleeping if necessary in between. Indeed my stam was down to 65 after r0 was killed and a sleep seemed to be indicated before further fighting. Meanwhile Crixas killed all the remaining 21 rats without my assistance. I was happy that he wanted to go on to deal with the Dragon. As far as I'm concerned the less time I spend in the Dagon?s company the better. I feel that I need to kill it once every life and I have already done it once for this life. There is no need to be rash about things.

There was nothing for it now but to go after the Watersnakes This went the way it should as did my trip on the North Mountain. Back in the formal garden I somehow lost the dove and and soon found myself fleeing from the stag on a stam of just 9. At this stage I was told that Kiwi and I were now on our own; that Crixas and Po (I did not appreciate he was in the game) were ?head to head?. I am not sure what was meant but gathered there was a little bit of unpleasantness in the air.

Kiwi finished off the stag and I was enabled to recover my kit. I then got the Old Man. The Spider was next.

I then went to meet Kiwi at the mine to tackle the dwarfs. Foolishly he decided to accompany me and, of course, I took the wrong directions in the mine. I know this route so well, it was inconceivable I got it wrong. But there we are. Between us we killed countless ?lesser? dwafs. But with 30 mobiles left to kill and only 7 minutes Kiwi and I decided the situation was hopeless and it was not worth the risk of tackling the dwarf guards which would certainly, at the very least, involve plenty of fleeing.

Suddenly right at the end, with 3 minutes to go, there was the terrifying sound of a rock splitting. That could only mean the Giants' had opened up. I cannot explain how this happened. There were not enough players on and the Pagoda Grounds were still closed. I believed they had to open first,though on one occasion the gate shook when I went past it.

*Bank of river.
Ticking nearby is a monogrammed, gold, pocket watch. The great gate is closed.
*The great gate shakes slightly...

I needed to recheck my map for the northern part of the Giants? and so rashly ventured into their realm. I managed to kill another four goblins as I did so.

As far as I can work it out there were 74 mobiles left at the end of play. This was not a great result after weeks of success. There reason was simply due to lack of numbers. You need more than two or three players to get a result.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 17-03-2013 12:18 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 17-03-2013 00:06   
My guess is that some wiz decided that since the bash was not going to be won anyway, he decided to open the giants.

Anyway, a good writeup.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 17-03-2013 12:17   
Editing done. It reads a lot better now. Sorry it took so long - life got in the way.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 18-03-2013 12:53   
Quote:

On 17-03-2013 00:06, Zalagar wrote:
My guess is that some wiz decided that since the bash was not going to be won anyway, he decided to open the giants.

Anyway, a good writeup.

Sadly not, someone else came on and it opened by itself. Took me by surprise!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 18-03-2013 12:55   
"There were not enough players on and the Pagoda Grounds were still closed."

Actually the pagoda had opened already that set, I closed it.. and by closed it, I mean fodded everything inside.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-03-2013 14:42   
Thank you Heiach.

Err.... what made the Great Gate shudder?

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 18-03-2013 22:54   
I believe it does that before it's about to open.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 20-03-2013 15:15   
Sorry, t'was me who caused giants to open.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.