[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 18/04/13+
Author Bash Report 18/04/13+
royston
ranger

Posted: 19-04-2013 11:45   
BASH REPORT FOR THGURSDAY 18TH APRIL 2013

This report is going to be a bit curtailed as most of the time I was not there. Let me be frank from the outset: There were three programmes I wanted to watch at 9:00pm on television and I can only record two. So I did not get into the Tearoom until gone ten. I just popped in really to see how things were progressing. But before I could say anything, Heiach doted me up to Warrior. (Yes I was back to Novice). I not only felt obliged to go north now but felt a lot better doing it as a Warrior.

There were 15 mobiles surviving and 25 minutes of the set left. So a win, while no means a certainty, was clearly possible. For my part I had to get a kill as quickly as possible and all the ?easy? ones would have gone. I found the LS in the Hut. Now I will admit that I did something that in the past I have criticised others for doing. I swamped some treasure. How hypocritical!! But I had been searching for a mobile to kill for what seemed ages and found nothing so I figured I was never going to get the 3k at the end of the bash. However I was punished as the LS went down with the rest of the treasure. I continued searching and eventually after a very long time, found the Man. He would have been quite a formidable foe for a Warrior but I figured I could always call for help and there was always a possibility that he might have been weakened by somebody else. It was only then that I realised what had happened to my longsword and the fight never got going. The best weapon I could find was the pitchfork. Searching for the Man I found him under attack from the combined forces of Pushover the Warrior Kiwi the bash-General Swordsman and Ripley the Mage. The Man went invisible as I joined in the fray and mine happened to be the killing blow.

I went to the Formal Gardens to see if an odd mobile was still about and came across the stag which I dispatched with my pitchfork. There were now only five mobiles left. I swapped the pitchfork for a billhook.

I wondered if all had been accounted for on the North Mountain. I found the pony alive but nothing else. If I killed the pony I had no means of getting off the Mountain. I decided that what to do was to get myself kitted up and return to deal with the pony. Accordingly I found myself in the Paddock. I searched in vain for a bit of necessary kit. And finally decided that there were so few mobiles left now, that I could kill the pony and stay on the mountain till it was all over. Back up I went only to find that I was too weak to wield the Billhook. There was a general call to arms by the Bash-General who wanted us all at the Hut. Once again I landed in the Paddock and rushed to the Hut. It seemed everyone was there Outside the Hut bashing away at a skeleton (sk0), who had the LS. Eventually it was overcome and for the second time that set I was in possession of the longsword. And this time I remembered to keep it.

We were told that now there were 3 mobiles left 2 wet things and 1 fairly large animal. The animal was, of course, the Pony. Now that I was suitably armed I went up the mountain for the third time with no intension of coming down figuring that perhaps others were capable of dealing with the sealife.

We got to the stage where my stam was 65 and the Pony looked critically injured when Pushover the Warrior waded in. I was pleased to see him. The Pony had been remarkably though up to now. The pony fled. I was too slow after him and he was killed by Pushover.

There were only two left now the Jellyfish and a shark. I was happy to remain where I was. In any case I had no means of getting off the mountain now. Someone killed the Jellyfish leaving just a shark.
Suddenly though I found myself at sea in a boat in the company of a sleeping shark. It could have been basking but it said sleeping. The reset was postponed by 58 seconds to 72 seconds which gave me just enough time. Immediately I killed the shark it rained heavily and I drowned. I was a bit miffed at the time and regarded it as my bad luck. But looking at it now I was lucky it did not start a few seconds earlier when we would have lost the bash.

You have killed the shark1.
(+270 = 2,200).
You feel as if a tremendous evil has been rid from The Land! No pawns of darkness sully it with their presence. The relief of generations of souls floods through your being!
You have changed experience level from swordsman to hero.
(+3,000 = 5,200).
The shark1 has just passed on.
*It has started to rain heavily.
The bad weather makes the sea considerably rougher, and your little coracle is not remotely up to such beastly conditions. Rather quickly it capsizes, and you suddenly find yourself somewhat drowned...
(-111 = 5,089).

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 19-04-2013 11:52 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 22-04-2013 06:45   
Quote:

On 19-04-2013 11:45, royston wrote:
Now I will admit that I did something that in the past I have criticised others for doing. I swamped some treasure. How hypocritical!!

You should swamp as much as you can, or it'll be left for the more greedy players.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 22-04-2013 08:50   
Quote:

On 22-04-2013 06:45, Turrican wrote:
You should swamp as much as you can, or it'll be left for the more greedy players.

I must be on Facebook too much, I keep finding myself looking for the Like button for posts like this.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.