[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 2/5/13 +
Author Bash Report 2/5/13 +
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 03-05-2013 00:44   
In the absence of Royston I thought I?d give this bash write up thing a go??

A good number of folk hanging around in the tea room immediately prior to the 9pm reset bode well for the evening?s entertainment. Once the magic time passed we all flooded into the land and set about our individual programs for the evening. Straight off I was beaten to the dagger, seeing Osterbane running off into the distance with it just after I got there. This experience was soon to be repeated as I arrived only to see Bluestone pick up the staff ? so near yet so far. I settled for the Blade (yet again).

Heading off to find the only wafer I could easily get to, pausing only to dispatch the mouse, I was beaten to the wafer once again by Bluestone ? guess I should have waited to start killing?. I grabber the baton from nearby however with the intention of setting up the pillar ? but this was not to be my night ? for I found out later I?d lost it ? not sure what happened!!! (did any of you lot sneakily grab it from me).

Around this point Blackheart was elected Bash General

Hoping that my run of ill luck was past I set about my normal bash pattern of cleaning up a lot of silly stuff that sometimes gets missed (like last week when bee2 was hanging around right till the end. ) in a few minutes my personal obit list showed me with a few birds 5 fireflies and 10 bees ? not the highest scoring start ? but feeling goods to get these pests out of the way early.

Osterbane seemed to be off doing the watersnakes calling for assistance to repair things and blind snakes (thinking back he may have been looking for the weapon hidden down there), then soon after Bluestone called for help with Sk1 ? Oster and I jumped in and soon it was lying in pieces on the bank of the river. Osterbane headed off thru the portcullis after that.

Just then the call came out from the bash general to gather for the Pillar, but as often happens we all stood around waiting in the Classical Ruin for what seemed likes ages before the deed was done. While we were waiting the Pillar started talking ? not seen that before !

18 minutes in ? 87 to go and we still had 157 mobs to go ? not sure if the pagoda was open at this point, but given the numbers it had to be ? still ? 1.8 per minute is higher that we?d like.

The common cry of ?Dagger0 at hut? was heard ? I guess Oster had the LS by now ? and guess what ? I missed out on it again! I should have learned at the start ? it was gonna be a blade only bash for me .
Undaunted I consoled myself dispatching Billy the goat and the banshee in quick succession. This was when it got rather noisy across the land. There I was getting some hard earned ZZs to recover and the flute started up!! Then the wolf joined in with his long AAAOOOOOOHHHH. I went back to sleep consoling myself that the SV count was going down each time. Once fully recoverd I headed off to get rid of the snugglepuss ? still cleaning up the ?annoyances? as I think of them.

35 minutes in and the SV was down to 102 ? still well over the magic 1 per minute to go ? Bash General was wondering what we were all up to. Thought I?d best get into some real MOs again so I went to visit the Ogre ? one of my favourites I just love the way he behaves as you hack away at him ? he does the nicest things and often tells me he loves me as I hack him apart ? that?s how a good MO should behave. Dispatching the ogre brought up the ?100 remaining?. I then headed over to the gardens to see what was left over there and found the swan was still swimming around and decided to get rid of it ? this of course then immediately highlighted the fact I had no boat ? so back across to the forests to get one and all the way back before dispatching another of our feathered foes.

Checking what was left I saw that the pony was still alive and kicking so I headed off up via the well ? pausing to ?off? one of the watersnakes which Osterbane joined in with just for the fun!

Headed up into the snow and ran straight into the lynx which was quickly dispatched although I had to rest again after that ? and during that time we got the ?50 remaining? message and the 300 points that go with it. This was very timely as it moved me up from Sorcerer to Necromancer giving me a distinct advantage as I was heading for the pony. Soon after and the pony had gone to the Tesco Lasagne factory! It still amazes me that he pony is such a strong fighter but worth so few points ? what is the logic?

Just then there was a sound I haven?t heard for quite some time (probably since I last did it myself) the explosive whoosh of someone taking something fiery into the swamp ? C?mon ? ?fess up ? who did it?
42 minutes to go ? 35 alive ? hey we got under the 1 per minute ? now we?re rocking.
We were now down to 32 in 41.

Couldn?t find any other MOs up in the snow so headed down to the pagoda via the back entrance. It seemed pretty well cleaned ou and soon we got he ?25 MO? message ? we were well on the way to a win here. Bluestone and I got rid of Ape5. After stamming up following that little fight on my return to towards the pagoda I was surprised to find the ram ? surprised he lasted this long ? but soon he had joined the other carcasses mounting up around us.

Shouts showed that tiger and spider were still alive ? but not for long I suspect. Heiach did offer to respawn the spider for someone ? I just hope he was joking. We also found out that Hawumph will jump on a chair at the thought of spiders!!!
17 to go ? Ape3 was still about so I headed back into the pagoda ? and finally ? at long last found the rice flail ? dropping the blade seemed like bidding farewell to a longtime and very dear friend but the flail would be giving me a better chance from here on. Then I remembered that my map of the pagoda gardens was more than a little incomplete so it took a lot of running around to finally track down Ape3 in the Tranquil path ? via a lot of bits of forest that I?d never been thru before. Soon he departed this life to join the rest of his pack (is it a pack of Apes?)

11 remaining ? quickly dropping to 9 then 8 as the sealife went under. But then we were into the part of the end game where everyone starts shouting ?What?s left? and the MUs quickly run thru their spells and lists of MOs ? we really should get a system going here folk ? agree before hand who is gonna track down various groups of MOs at that point in the bash ? just a suggestion ? you know ? like come up with a team plan ? or is that too radical ?

5 remaining ? a cry went up to do the Golem so three headed off to handle it.

Suddenly we were down to one remaining ? and it started to snow ? I mean SNOW ? in MAY??? I blame global warming.

*wh ferret
1 carried by Hawumph the onomatopoeic arch-wizard.
*A female voice in the distance shouts "fod hawumph in 3... 2...".
You feel as if a tremendous evil has been rid from The Land! (Persona saved on +3,000)

A good bash I think ? I certainly enjoyed it ? always good to get ready for the day ahead by killing a pack of MOs I think my final count was 31 this time

02/05/2013 - 14 minutes left (Blackheart, Bluestone, Kiwi, Zorn, Roflmao,Misuzu and Osterbane)P

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 03-05-2013 00:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 03-05-2013 00:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 03-05-2013 07:35 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 03-05-2013 06:12   
Quote:

On 03-05-2013 00:44, kiwijock wrote:

Nice report Kiwi! Was only a bit of time spent at the end to ferret out the last mobile . P-p-p-plan? That could throw us off our game...

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 03-05-2013 07:30   
Like I said - maybe a bit radical that we think about things beforehand!

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-05-2013 08:58   
On 03-05-2013 00:44, kiwijock wrote:

I'm sorry I could not be there. But reading this report I feel as though I had been there. And to get it out by 12:44am is highly commendable. It takes me a whole Friday morning to get one of these out.

Soon he departed this life to join the rest of his pack (is it a pack of Apes?)

'A cartload'? No it's 'a shrewdness' or 'a troop'. Well according to Wiki (for what that's worth).

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 03-05-2013 09:08 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-05-2013 09:02   
Admin please delete. I got in a right muddle with QUOTES. R.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 03-05-2013 09:06 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 03-05-2013 11:09   
Thanks Royston!

Took me Friday morning too mate! - but MY Friday morning - Bash is currently 8am Friday in my timezone

(yes this does mean i wasn't doing what I get paid for!)

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 06-05-2013 18:14   
Very nice report.. needs more Heiach though .

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.