[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Question regarding the points you get for killing MOs
Author Question regarding the points you get for killing MOs
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 28-07-2013 06:50   
Is there any reason why killing some MOs without fighting scores points (wolf, dragon) but several others that you kill ( at least one in a similar manner to the two mentioned) do not get you any points. Is there any logic to this? Or is this simply the way it is because that's how Richard wrote it?

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 28-07-2013 10:20   
And I have also noticed that the points for the wolf and draggy can vary significantly. I know values do change a little for many but not hugely so why do these two almost double sometimes? I noticed this during the bash this week, so does it relate to the number of players?

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 28-07-2013 10:21 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 28-07-2013 11:25   
Quote:

On 28-07-2013 10:20, kiwijock wrote:
And I have also noticed that the points for the wolf and draggy can vary significantly. I know values do change a little for many but not hugely so why do these two almost double sometimes? I noticed this during the bash this week, so does it relate to the number of players?

It could possibly have to do with the number of players who died to it and/or fled from it.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 28-07-2013 11:29   
Perhaps less importantly deaths of mobiles you cause indirectly do not show up on OBIT ME.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 28-07-2013 13:04   
Quote:

On 28-07-2013 06:50, kiwijock wrote:
Is there any reason why killing some MOs without fighting scores points (wolf, dragon) but several others that you kill ( at least one in a similar manner to the two mentioned) do not get you any points. Is there any logic to this? Or is this simply the way it is because that's how Richard wrote it?

You get points if it's a hardwired puzzle (i.e. by design), but not for kills from game mechanics, like drowning a dwarf.

Quote:

On 28-07-2013 10:20, kiwijock wrote:

Kills are unscaled by treasure value, most puzzles are scaled (which doesn't make much sense).

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 04-10-2018 16:34   
An interesting and informative discussion about the mechanics of scoring in MUDii. Worth revisiting anyway.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 09-10-2018 05:23   
Quote:

On 28-07-2013 11:29, royston wrote:
Perhaps less importantly deaths of mobiles you cause indirectly do not show up on OBIT ME.

True. The OBIT ME only lists the mobiles you've killed in fights. Those you've killed via puzzle or game mechanic aren't listed.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.