[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index General Chat Rant
Author Rant
royston
ranger

Joined: Jul 14, 2007
Posts: 1217
From: Felixstowe, Suffolk.
Posted: 28-07-2013 13:55   
To have my one and only wafer stolen by another player is all part of the game. But to have it done by an invisible Patriarch on whom I cannot hope to reap any revenge leaves a bitter taste.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 28-07-2013 13:57 ]


  View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard



Joined: Aug 19, 2001
Posts: 346
Posted: 28-07-2013 14:52   
PP's can't steal off other players.

  View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Joined: Oct 28, 2001
Posts: 36
From: 97005
Posted: 28-07-2013 23:19   
That's why I keep all my wafers in the heavy chest, then hide it in the cbc, then block the cbc with the bale. Then stand at the entrance with the keg and a lit brand.

Also, you can probably mess with a PP somehow, i'm sure. Even if it's just by whispering them discouraging words.

"You are wholly inadequate, you wear distasteful sweaters.

Although the game probably translates it into flowery non-hurtful language to spare their feelings.

[ This Message was edited by: Tzunami on 28-07-2013 23:23 ]


  View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard



Joined: Aug 19, 2001
Posts: 346
Posted: 29-07-2013 00:01   
Mystery solved anyway.

  View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Joined: Dec 04, 2012
Posts: 238
From: Auckland, NZ
Posted: 29-07-2013 01:32   
Quote:


Also, you can probably mess with a PP somehow, i'm sure.



I suspect the old 'stick man' attack could work - if you could time it right!
_________________
"there are things we do not know we don't know." - Someone must have been talking about MUD


  View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Joined: Jul 14, 2007
Posts: 1217
From: Felixstowe, Suffolk.
Posted: 29-07-2013 10:15   
Yes indeed the mystery is solved. For reasons I won't go into, I like to keep any wafers I acquire in one place, preferably a container like a bag or a box. On this occasion I opened the box, put the wafer inside the box but had failed to pick the box up. Instead of inputting G BOX I actually typed H BOX and had not noticed the typo. Apologies are due to Groggy, falsely maligned by me, even if it was just to myself. Apologies are also due to Turrican for taking up his time with this nonsense; time he could have spent doing something more worthwhile.

I'm an idiot. Who needs enemies when I got me?


  View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Joined: Aug 02, 2012
Posts: 133
Posted: 29-07-2013 23:18   
Quote:

Who needs enemies when I got me?



But you have an active imagination that can probably keep you and others entertained endlessly -- that is something.

And besides, that Groggy fellow DOES look suspicious


  View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Joined: Dec 04, 2012
Posts: 238
From: Auckland, NZ
Posted: 29-07-2013 23:24   
Quote:

I opened the box, put the xxxx inside the box but had failed to pick the box up.



If I had a dollar for every time I've done something like that ...........


  View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Joined: Aug 02, 2012
Posts: 133
Posted: 30-07-2013 03:14   
Quote:

That's why I keep all my wafers in the heavy chest, then hide it in the cbc, then block the cbc with the bale. Then stand at the entrance with the keg and a lit brand.



There is always the option of burying them too. Just have to remember the location of the dense forest where you did the deed.


  View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Joined: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 313
Posted: 30-07-2013 22:42   
Quote:

On 29-07-2013 10:15, royston wrote:
Yes indeed the mystery is solved. For reasons I won't go into, I like to keep any wafers I acquire in one place, preferably a container like a bag or a box. On this occasion I opened the box, put the wafer inside the box but had failed to pick the box up. Instead of inputting G BOX I actually typed H BOX and had not noticed the typo. Apologies are due to Groggy, falsely maligned by me, even if it was just to myself. Apologies are also due to Turrican for taking up his time with this nonsense; time he could have spent doing something more worthwhile.

I'm an idiot. Who needs enemies when I got me?





I only spotted it when I was fighting goblin10 - I was about to drop an 'empty' box when he attacked to improve my stats...


  View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Joined: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 313
Posted: 30-07-2013 22:43   
Quote:

On 29-07-2013 01:32, kiwijock wrote:
Quote:


Also, you can probably mess with a PP somehow, i'm sure.



I suspect the old 'stick man' attack could work - if you could time it right!




Probably work better on someone who knew where the swamp was.


  View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard



Joined: Aug 19, 2001
Posts: 346
Posted: 31-07-2013 00:08   
Quote:

On 29-07-2013 01:32, kiwijock wrote:
I suspect the old 'stick man' attack could work - if you could time it right!


Give them the uranium or drink a summon creatures vial (when they are hurt or afk preferably).

Quote:

On 30-07-2013 03:14, kaif wrote:
There is always the option of burying them too. Just have to remember the location of the dense forest where you did the deed.


Maybe, but it would make hiding kit too easy.


  View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.

Powered by phpBB
Copyright © 2000 - 2001 The phpBB Group

phpBB Created this page in 0.022674 seconds.