[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » mud memories
Author mud memories
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 22-08-2013 15:47   
Quote:
Just thought I'd share some random conversation with y'all. Gaia didn't appear to be listening haha sorry Gaia - can't blame you, I do waffle on!

Zedar the necromancer says "Rev used to be a very interesting player".

Zedar the necromancer says "Played a lot, and with multiple enemies. There'd be Fruitbat and him in the land and stuff really went down".

Zedar the necromancer says "then there were Sonic and Warlord mid-lifing. They used to bundle everyone".

Zedar the necromancer says "lowlifing& were Mike, Jesstar etc. Loads of new players coming and going".
(&by lowlifing I mean being on low level persona more than high level)

Zedar the necromancer says "Syl, Sfv".

Zedar the necromancer says "Foz".
*Gaia the infinite wizard nods.

Zedar the necromancer says "most sets would have all of them on at once ".

Zedar the necromancer says "Foz you'd guarantee would grab DG with THS".

Zedar the necromancer says "He'd go after the baddies".

Zedar the necromancer says "Syl was similar. They used to roleplay good guys".

Zedar the necromancer says "lots of battles between sonic/warlord and them ".

Zedar the necromancer says "I had a childish crush on Jesstar - Syl's G/F at the time".

OK, Zedar the necromancer giggles.

Zedar the necromancer says "Then of course there was Azrael, he used to do allsorts of crazy stuff".

Zedar the necromancer says "constantly FODDING and such".

Zedar the necromancer says "If he didn't have the chart he would set up ptrs and just suicide random directions from vicious rocks till he
got it right".

Zedar the necromancer says "sw.nw.n.(drown) DOH! sw.nw.ne.(drown) DOH! lol".

Quote:

Hope you enjoy!

[ This Message was edited by: Miek on 22-08-2013 15:56 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 23-08-2013 01:19   
How long ago was that Zed?

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 23-08-2013 02:33   
Anyone else remember this?

http://muddy.mudii.co.uk/news4.htm

Quote:

[posted] Monday 16th August 1999

MOBILE BASH SUCCESS - GDN REPORTS

12th August Celebrity Bash Report, with Gdn

Well, this week's bash started off again with the usual argument as to who would lead the free peoples' assault against the evil denizens of The Land, and the resulting titles of bash-general and deputy bash-general were given to Bashfull and Cora respectively. With that decided, the fun began and things got off to a surprisingly good start. There was the usual spattering of high and lowlife, the former of which quickly got to work dispatching of the small and harmless of The Land's beasties, leaving all the super-hard mobiles to the yeopersons and warriors, who were startlingly unrivalled in their bravery and cold-blooded determination. Oh, and stupidity, too.

Despite all this though, it came to a point where we thought we might finish the bash with 40 or more minutes to spare, and some of the more optimistic among the players had already begun their victory chants. This proved to be an almost fatal error. You see, the highlife had killed the easy mobiles, causing the survivor count to plummet extremely rapidly.

The lowlife were under the ridiculous impression, as they usual are, that the highlife were hard, tough and fearless, and that they had gone after all the aforementioned mean and nasties, when in fact they were all sat in their safe, warm hidy-holes eating crumpets. The bash came to a standstill. All was silent and nothing stirred. The dark things lay undisturbed in their evil chambers, and no one made move to redouble the asault. The general's orders were being ignored by all exept the brave lowlife souls, who began forming into attack parties. For a moment, this seemed like it might work, but when it was discovered that these stalwart regiments didn't know where they were supposed to go or what they were supposed to do, people began to panic.

And wreaking havoc throughout this whole affair were two souls whose hearts were as black as the night. They had forged some dark alliance in secret, and pounced upon all who were poorly equipped with deadly precision. Their very names induced fear in everyone except the most well prepared, and the knelling of bells could be heard long and loud over The Land. Joey and Wizbasher, as they were named, were killing without remorse. Blood began to boil and anger was aroused in every good heart, and soon they began once again to pour in wrath upon the mobiles.

Then a terrible scream was heard. It seemed that some had reached the drier part of swamp before the 'Joey', and he cursed them. Hearts were suddenly uplifted, and the survivor count began to plummet once more. Everyone cheered with glee as the feeling of evil fled The Land, but they had little time to indulge in mirth. Little more than 40 seconds later, the reset happened.

Yep, it sure was a close one this week. But good prevailed, and evil quailed as they say.

In memory of the fallen:

Archangel the Necromancer killed by Joey the Sorcerer and Wizbasher the Warlock
Maud the Sorceress killed by Joey the Sorcerer and Wizbasher the Warlock
Undertaker the Necromancer killed by Joey the Necromancer and Wizbasher the Warlock
Gutbucket the Necromancer killed by Joey the Necromancer and Wizbasher the Warlock
Illistrylr the Necromancer killed by Joey the Necromancer and Wizbasher the Warlock

Oh, and thanks for the crown, Joey .

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 23-08-2013 10:05   
Kiwi, wireplay days. Maybe 15 years?

Good read, Folly. Thanks =]]

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 23-08-2013 15:40   
Quote:

On 22-08-2013 15:47, Miek wrote:

Don't I get a mention? We met many times.

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 23-08-2013 15:41 ]

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 23-08-2013 18:16   
Yes I remember Muddy. Good times.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 23-08-2013 18:26   
Quote:

On 23-08-2013 15:40, Turrican wrote:
Quote:

On 22-08-2013 15:47, Miek wrote:

Don't I get a mention? We met many times.

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 23-08-2013 15:41 ]

That's the reason you don't get a mention, Fearful Arch Turrican The times we met were scary. I've been at the spiny end of thy FOD finger. I'm still in hiding.

If you attend I'll buy you a pint at MUDMEET in an effort to redeem myself for that erm.. thing (No, not that one.. that other one)

Having said that, seriously - thanks for indeed being around a lot, front-line and behind the scenes.
Thanks for dat. Thanks for the patches.
Thanks for redwoods. Dat dreamstuffs!

\o/
Bring on MUD3! hm?

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 23-08-2013 19:41   
Quote:

On 23-08-2013 18:26, Miek wrote:
That's the reason you don't get a mention, Fearful Arch Turrican The times we met were scary. I've been at the spiny end of thy FOD finger. I'm still in hiding.

I don't remember those. I was referring to the numerous times you attacked me while I was pretending to be a newbie.

Quote:
Bring on MUD3! hm?

I'm working on it with Heiach, the snugglepuss has a major role, working title "TextKitty".

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.