[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 05/09/2013+
Author Bash Report 05/09/2013+
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-09-2013 12:20   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2013

I am trying out a new word-processing package. I hope it works and I can copy and paste to Forum without problems.

Now the Bash came off in an extremely satisfying way. As you no doubt now are aware from another thread on this forum, this was going to be a Bash with a difference. All the participants were going to start from Novice level. An idea that had been kicked around the forum for about a week. It was Kiwi who came up with the idea.

It started with a minor niggle for me. The other players, Stompy, Matariki and Heisenberg got off to a flying start by getting to Protector level before leaving the Tearoom. For me it didn't work. I went north as a Novice with just the one point.

I got my hands on staff0 very quickly. It is my favourite weapon. I know there are better ones but I like it best. I chased the butterfly around for a bit. It seemed a good place to start but accidentally attacked the raven at the same time as it was in the same room. I somehow managed to kill them both, leaving me with a stam of 20/49. The strange thing was that all the three other players passed through this room where I was battling the raven, one after the other, almost as if it were planned. Heidenberg though came back and helped me out which probably saved me from fleeing. Wanting to keep things low key (I was still a Novice) I next went after the dragon fly. The thought of getting a prefix was an added incentive. Exactly the same thing happened. This time the magpie got in the way. The dragonfly fled and I just managed to take out the magpie leaving me with 23 stam.

It was about this time that on a QW I saw that the other players were all at Warrior level and I was still a Novice chasing butter flies and dragonflies. The way I was going, it was going to take some time even to get to protector. So I copied what they had obviously been doing. I started springing. I don't think Heiach really approved because he reprimanded me and docked me 100 hard earned points. Still I went on with it hoping he wasn't watching me and I got to Yeoman. Here the process was interrupted by a visit to the Classical Ruin and then resumed until I reached Warrior. My real stam was now 79. At least something I could work with.

Next I went for the rats in the sure knowledge that I would be forced to flee a few a few times but hopefully to come out ahead after killing all 22 rats. But it wasn't to be. Stompy, who had been elected Bash-General, appeared and attacked the rats. He obviously had the dragon in his sights. I managed to get out without fleeing after accounting for just 4 rats. I left him to it in the belief he knew what he was doing. I noted he was now at Hero level. I ignored the viper and dodged past the ram on my way to the well. I figured I had done the Watersnakes so often that it would just be routine even at Warrior level. This time killing the snakes was quite involved and not a matter of pure routine. I found that with a real stam of 79, they attacked me on sight whereas I am used to attacking them. I was not getting the first blow in. I only fled once but had to take advantage of them fleeing from me to escape and recover my stamina in a safe place (safe from them) a number of times before I had all six. Meanwhile I had made Swordsman. Heisenberg was back to Yeoman, Matariki was a hero and Stompy had made to to Superhero. And amazingly we were down to just 15 mobiles.

Always after the snakes comes the North Mountain. Luckily I had come across the oracle so finding the means of getting back off the North Mountain was an easy matter. Stompy told me he was on it but I still had a look for myself. Stompy was now a Sorcerer and Heidenberg a Swordsman.

Very soon there was only the Golem left. I took no part in the procedure but got my 3k which took me to Hero.

It was a good bash with about 30 minutes left at the end. During the bash I was given the prefix 'doomed' but afterwards in the tearoom I noticed it had been changed to 'bounty', neither of which I understand.

I had my doubts about it succeeding with just four players starting off at Novice. But it shows it can be done. Mind you we had some good players in the game. Anyone who can get to Sorcerer from Novice in a single set when there are other players chasing the available mobiles must know what they are doing.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 06-09-2013 12:34 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-09-2013 12:34   
Good write up - Thx Royston

I was pleasantly surprised how well we did - I think a lot of it was down to Stompy tho - and I have my suspicions about who he was!! I was happy with my own performance as Matariki (google it - it is the Maori New Year!).

I think the docking of points by Heiach was due to some players asking Cenedra to WH things from the Tearoom!! nothing to do with the spring.

I wouldn?t want every Bash to be like this - but it WAS fun - as a change

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-09-2013 12:37   
oh - and btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_the_Bounty_Hunter

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-09-2013 12:43   

I never know who any one is. Though I guessed you had to be Matariki. It sounded a Maori word. If we ever meet up in real life will you promise to give me the full Maori greeting? I don't know what it's called.

Quote:

I think the docking of points by Heiach was due to some players asking Cenedra to WH things from the Tearoom!! nothing to do with the spring.

I did not ask Cenedra anything!! And in any case wh'ing stuff from the Tearoom gives only a very limited response.

<

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 06-09-2013 12:48 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.