[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 19/09/2013+
Author Bash Report 19/09/2013+
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-09-2013 15:20   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER 2013

We were promised something interesting and something interesting is what we got. I did not get in until the last minute and so missed out on the pre-bash chat in the Tearoom. I had to work out what was going on as we went along. What was happening was that the SV count instead of going down fairly regularly was increasing occasionally. I found this more than interesting. I found this weird.

It transpired that Heiach had arranged matters so that for every item of treasure swamped one randomly selected dead mobile (i.e. killed by players in the game) would be resurrrected from their Valhalla, or wherever it is they go, and respawned in some randomly selected room. In my mind anything that discourages the swamping of treasure during a bash is to be welcomed. You have too often read my reasons on theses pages for me to reiterate them. As you have with regard to my hypocrisy in doing it myself from time to time. However all was not plain sailing. There all always players in this type of game who like testing things out. To me this is the very essence of the game. Two items of treasure were swamped before any mobiles were killed. In the spirit of things Heiach had to drag two not-normally-seen mobiles out and plonk them down some where. Once someone had started killing some of the fauna that inhabits the land, this stopped to be a problem for him But he did have to reposition a few that were respawned in the Giants' during the course of the set.

I started off quite well myself kitting out. I usually miss out on stuff I want as other players get there first. But I got everything I needed including the pointers as I was intent on setting up the pillar. Then I had this conversation with Stampy:

Stampy the sorcerer tells you ?dr ptr plz?.
*re need it for bas
You tell you listeners ?need it for bas?.
*In the distance, you hear the mighty HAWUMPH of a dragon's fiery breath!
Stampy the Sorcerer tells you ?im doing it?.

My reaction to that was 'yeah? Who sez?' But I said nothing and, having already dropped the bow at a convenient location, kept a tight hold on the baton. I realised that Stampy must now have control of the bow but I could still face the Basilisk myself. I had all the necessary kit and rushed around chasing the elusive gfc. As so often it all went wrong due to my own stupidity. In my rushing around, going from one Olive Grove to another, you guessed it, I dropped all my kit and had not noticed the fact. I was spammimng too fast. Stampy must have found the bow and he set up the pillar.

In the Pine Forest I found my way blocked by a mammoth. And when your way is blocked by a mammoth, you know about it. This was the first mammoth I had seen outside an ice block.

I tackled the rats next, my eye now set on killing the dragon. Meanwhile Zedar the sorcerer had copped it from the dragon's fiery breath causing a bell to toll in the distance.

Enough rats dead and with some extra kit in the box I was carrying, I set off in search of a boat. I went after one in the Ordination Room. Yes the Pag was open. In the Major Temple, I was attacked by ape10 and ape11. Luckily for me ape11 wanted to withdraw (my stam was now down to 43 fighting two mad apes and losing the battle) and when I agreed, ape10 also withdrew. So I escaped. But I had to go back in for the boat. I was affected by whatever whaffs around the Pag and had trouble sleeping. About this time I did a quick check on how we were doing. There was 75 minutes to an auto-reset and 110 mobiles left alive. I could not see us winning this one.

On the way to the Island I passed by the mermaid in all her glory,. She is not the be chased around the sea where she can get to places you cannot. On the steep slope just north of the small bay, I found poor Zedar's dinghy. I managed to locate the dragon several times, but it just kept moving. After a few attempts I got it and escaped back to the main land. That dragon was worth 2,200 points when it died.

I now realise, though I did not then, that I had opened the prospect of a dragon being respawned on the Badly Paved Road should anyone decide to swamp some T. Makes you shudder to think about it.

I finished off the few remaining goblins, established that all the rats were dead and made my way to the well. Underground Heresiach a swordsman joined me in the slaying of the first watersnake. I left him to do the rest (he was welding an ls) and if he figured on going on to the North Mountain the Pag was open for him to get back.

I mooched around the formal garden for a bit. I helped out with the Man a bit. Finally I went after the snowbird on the North Mountain. I managed to blind myself there instead of the bird, at the same time running out of magic. Someone kindly unblinded me and with some help got my magic back in the usual way. I was wh'ing a few things without success, when checking the state of the nation once more I saw to my surprise we were down to just 2 surviving mobiles. All the rest were vitally challenged. One of those had to be the golem. Ever hopeful, I took up my place in the Ancient Chamber and waited. It all went well on the second attempt. On my way back through the cave I stumbled into a snowleopard. I finished on a stam of 17 but luckily Stampy came to my aid as did Heresiarch and between us we overcame what I thought was the last mobile. But an SV showed that there were now 3 alive. Someone must have swamped the icons I suppose. I know I didn't get one.

It turned out that the last final mobile was an otter in the Classical Ruin. Before I had even started chasing after the gfc it was all over. Amazingly we won. For me it was a personal best - 7,158 points for the set.

I have mentioned all those who were taking part in passing so to speak but here is the list of the stalwarts in no particular order:

Heiach the biohazard Wizard (Officer in charge)
Zedar the Hero (the only casualty)
Heresiarch the Swordsman
Stampy the Necromancer
Zog the Necromancer
Skeuomorph the Necromancer
and, of course Cenedra the Mage in charge of tea urn.

I think the idea of spawning dead mobiles for swamped treasure to have considerable merit. True there were a few teething troubles like treasure being swamped before any mobiles were killed and mobiles respawning were they had no effect like in the Giants. But these were handled admirably by Heiach. I think appearance of mobiles in odd places only added to the occasion, provided they could be got at. For instance there were reports of a goblin at Sea, a pike on the Island and I myself found a starfish in the Deerpark. All in all an usual and highly enjoyable bash.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 20-09-2013 18:49 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-09-2013 18:52   
POSTSCRIPT

I won't be available to join in next Thursday (26th) due to rl family commitment. Some one else will have to do the write-up.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 20-09-2013 18:52 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 20-09-2013 20:30   
The rewards were glorious. Temptation knew no bounds.
Quote:
*You have swamped an icon. Persona saved on +417.
.*You have swamped an icon. Persona saved on +417.

But it took Zedar an entire two resurrections to receive them.
Firstly, our Hero was horribly hounded by the hated Dragon. Oh, THE DRAGON. On one hand, such a terrible fate for our honourable Hero to have been incinerated. The last explicit yelp he uttered; already injured; already doomed to death, such despair! The broadsword within his sights, and yet still a Sorcerer for those final moments, where he knew it weren't meant to be. Before the vein flee. Yet, hope remained..
The Lord taketh yet the Lord giveth. Our Wizard; despair afoot, as his minions were down to less than the steel grips on a football boot, saw an infallible opportunity in the now-reborn Zedar.

Quote:

..meanwhile in Zedar's inventory..
*The icon4 says "Swamp us! Swamp us!".

AND WHY NOT, MY PRECIOUSSES? He thought. All I ever did was try to help them, my preciouses, I took on the dragon, preciousSes! Them pesky, dirty, thieving inhabitters(of MUD:P) deserved everything they got!

I'd do it all again, preciousses!I'd swamp an entire ARMY of icons! MAHAHAHA (trails off into distance) Hahaha ha (eventually fades)

[ This Message was edited by: Miek on 20-09-2013 20:34 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 25-09-2013 12:09   
Shame I missed that - sounds like it was fun!

Did any MOs reappear if an MO swamp treasure - eg Thief?

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 26-09-2013 00:51   
Quote:

On 25-09-2013 12:09, kiwijock wrote:

Yup!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 26-09-2013 10:25   
Quote:

On 26-09-2013 00:51, Heiach wrote:
Quote:

On 25-09-2013 12:09, kiwijock wrote:

Yup!

Looks like they will have to go top of the list next time.

kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 26-09-2013 11:26   
That's why I asked mate!

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 01-10-2013 03:46   
Quote:

Them pesky, dirty, thieving inhabitters[i](of MUD:P)

You forgot murderous (as well as a few other adjectives that come to mind ).

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 02-10-2013 01:25   
I'm glad it met with so much approval. Let me know a little in advance and I can maybe run it again some time?

Any suggestions for improvements are welcome too.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.