[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Help and Bash Report 31/10/2013+
Author Help and Bash Report 31/10/2013+
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-10-2013 07:06   
Tomorrow's bash is in conjunction with Halloween. I would urge you all to play. Many of the mobiles change their appearance and there are always a few extra ones.

In addition Dracula's House appears out of the mist just where you would expect to find it. This building contains a number of very valuable paintings. I try every year but so far have been unable to swamp any of them. They are simply too heavy to lift. Last year I persuaded one player to help me but I still could not manage to get one off the wall. This year I am seeking the help of four or five players. I would like to try it after the bash is over, in the same set if there is time. If not - the following set. All help would be appreciated. I suspect that any help would have to be given in the room itself. Like lifting the PC, I don't think help from afar is likely to be of much use. Lets hope this year it can be done.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 02-11-2013 12:02 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 31-10-2013 13:45   
I shall be there Royston

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-11-2013 07:40   
Congratulations to all those that played (and died).

It was a fun bash, successfully concluded with about 5 minutes to spare.

I look forward to a write-up and comprehensive final obit being published.

And I have logged, noted, and started on, a couple of updates for next year.

Not least of which are some shiny new wizard outfits.

Muahahahahaha. I'm looking forward to writing THOSE descriptions!!!!!

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gadget
friar

Posted: 01-11-2013 12:50   
Do the outfits have to be so heavy?

View Profile of Gadget        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-11-2013 17:39   
Quote:

On 01-11-2013 07:40, Hawumph wrote:
Muahahahahaha. I'm looking forward to writing THOSE descriptions!!!!!

Oh, so you like writing descs?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 01-11-2013 20:01   
Comprehensive final obit!

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Podlife the dragonfly-slaying, spooky superhero, killed by the
pumpkin,
Zog the spooky yeoman, killed by the stag and the phantom of the
opera,
Zog the spooky warrior, killed by the bride of Frankenstein,
Matariki the spooky warrior, killed by the beholder,
Osterbane the spooky warrior, killed by Misuzu the spooky
spellbindress,
Matariki the spooky hero, killed by the beholder,
Zog the spooky bash-general necromancer, killed by the beholder,
Osterbane the spooky warrior, killed by the child and Stompy the
spooky necromancer,
Pushover the spooky warrior, killed by the zombie,
Osterbane the spooky hero, killed by the phantom of the opera,
Pushover the spooky warlock, killed by the imp and the phantom of
the opera.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 02-11-2013 12:10   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2013

I must say in real life Halloween is not one of the highlights of my year. I feel it is one of the more objectional imports from America in recent years. Giving small children, out with their Mums, a handful of sweets as a token of admiration for their costumes is one thing but a gang of teenagers threatening to tip out the contents your wheelie bin all over the front garden unless you give them money is way beyond the rabbit proof fence.

How different it is in the land of MUD. Here you can kill off all the dreadfull creatures who traditionally materialise on this one night of the year, including a number of nasty children, who were just a pleasure to kill.

A number of the usual mobiles were about but others had been replaced with substitutes. It would appear from the obit that the replacements had been beefed up for the occasion but strangely I found the pumpkins, who substituted for the dwarfs were, if anything, easier. A burley pumpkin and the queen pumpkin went down with remarkable ease. From the obit, posted by Folly above, for which I thank him and which I can confirm is accurate for the end of the set, it will be seen that most of the problem mobiles were the ?extras? and not ?substitutes?. The beholder seems to have particularly aggressive. I put his success down to players meeting him for the first time, not knowing what they were up against, just wading in.

You will also notice from the obit that Osterbane who started off at hero got himself clobbered a few times. He was indeed a bane on the other players. Osterpain (as I will now call him) spent his time trying to steal kit from other players, particularly wafers. This is why he suffered death on three occasions. I contented myself by giving him a kick when he tried it on me.

The second from last mobile was a child who was hiding in the Chinese house. I went there odered a portion of 59 and 112, and locked the door, so the little darling could not escape. And the final mobile was, as is so often the case, the Golem, which was killed by Stompy.

There was 457 seconds left (just over 7 ? minutes) of the set at the end. A resounding victory for us but even if we had not won, it would still have been one of the most enjoyable bashes of all time.

I felt there was not enough time left to go back to Dracula?s house and try to lift the Dracula painting off the wall, so I left doing it till the start of the next set. But by that time all but one player, had gone to bed and it proved just as to heavy to lift, with only his help, as it did last year. However I did discover something remarkable about this work of art. This has drawn me to the conclusion that it has to be impossible to get it off the wall no matter how much help is available. But that will not stop me from trying next year.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 02-11-2013 12:41 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 02-11-2013 14:26   
(-13 = 19,819).
The phantom of the opera steals memories from you...
Stamina=21/120.
*The phantom of the opera makes some magical gestures.
The phantom of the opera emits a bright green flash of light.
*You miss the phantom of the opera.
(-18 = 19,801).
The phantom of the opera steals memories from you...
Stamina=4/120.
The phantom of the opera makes some magical gestures.
You have fallen into a magically-induced sleep...
*f o.qq
You can't wake yourself up yet!
*You can't wake yourself up yet!
*In the distance, you hear a wolf baying AAAOOOOOOHHHH.
You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 4.
*f.qq
You cannot go southeast from here.
Epee dropped.
You have fled by trying to go southeast.
*Cheerio!

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.