[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 16/01/2014-
Author Bash Report 16/01/2014-
royston
ranger

Posted: 17-01-2014 13:56   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 16TH JANUARY 2014.

It is not difficult to summarise last night's bash in a few words. 'A piggin' disaster' would cover it. It wasn't for lack of players or lack of quality players. Hellokitty was there, Pippin was there, Kiwi, Pushover Bluestone and Basher, all experienced players, all there.

I will preamble by stating that I will be expressing some opinions later on. These are entirely my own and may not reflect the views of other players. However any comments would be welcome, whether from wizards or mortals

A Wiz, who did not make himself known, started us off and disappeared, so we were on our own. I started things off badly by rushing off with the pointers. I was minded to set up the pillar myself. We should have discussed this in the Tearoom before the bash started. I am sorry I did not say something. I should explain that I like to do the Goblins, or at least part do, before tackling the Basilisk. I am not prepared to say why. But I think it saves time in the long run. I should also say that when facing the Bas I do like, in addition to casting a spell on myself, to have a certain item of treasure in my hand. I have known a spell to wear off during the ensuing fight, which is embarrassing, and also for the Bas to steal the item from me. But it would be very unlucky for both events to occur at the same time. It is a sort of belt and braces philosophy , all to do with health and safety. By the time I was ready someone else had killed the Bas and the other players were, very understandably, getting cheesed off with my procrastination.

I won't go into too much detail but after the business with the pillar, I killed a number of rats, faced the dragon and came back to finish off the rats and the goblins. It was on the way to the Island that I discovered the ichthyosaurus loitering about in the Small Bay. However it is described as being 'ponderous' and thankfully it did not attack. Meanwhile Gaia the Wizard came into the land as did Heiach the Wizard at about the same time. Also at sea were a mermaid and an octopus. The wolf died soon after the dragon.

I teamed up with Pushover to do the Keep, the Vampire and the Wraith. I thought the mobiles had been beefed up in some way, only to realise in the middle of fighting the Vampire that I was still holding on to a boat.

I found two apes to attack in the Major Temple of the Pagoda. It was a mistake to take them both on a once and had to flee at 19/120 stam. By the time I got the command in my stam was down to 4.

The ape10 hits you (19/120).
You hit the ape11 (15-19).
The ape11 looks critically injured.
The ape11 hits you (4/120).
*You miss the ape10.
The ape10 misses you.
*f o
Opened, empty phial1 dropped.
Broadsword dropped.
Opened, empty vial7 dropped.
Flute dropped.
Bag0 dropped.
Key52 dropped.
You have fled by going out

The trouble now was that ape10 now had my broadsword. I picked up the falchion from the hut and went after ape10. I found him asleep Before the Great Gate. Then as I attacked it, someone crippled it. It was close to death for quite a time attempting four flees before finally succumbing. The BS was lying about in the Middle Temple. Wither I went. I cannot explain any of the events.

Pushover appeared on scene and we tackled the remaining mobiles on the ground floor of the Pag. At one stage the Tiger decided to bow out from our combined onslaught and as my stam. was down to 27 decided it would be a good time to resite and have a little sleep. It was just at that moment that Pushover handed me a much valued wafer, but I was already on way.

While things were going well for Pushover and me, I am not so sure about anyone else. I have said before that the prospect of a win depends on how many mobiles there are left to kill and how much time is left. The ideal ratio to look for is one (or less) mobiles alive for each minute left. I don't think we got anywhere near this golden ratio. For instance when there was 14 minutes left there were still 21 mobiles alive. But we were OK (for a while) when we got a five minute stay with just two mobiles left. I am not sure of the exact figures but if you get the SV count below a certain number, you get extra time. The problem was what were two mobiles left.

The second from last turned out to be something called a 'Pikachu'. This to me is just a meaningless jumble of letters. To say it is a 'pokemon' is just as bad. These are words of which dreams are made of in MUD, You may as well create a mobile called 'mnbvcxz'. These creatures, if that's what they are, have no place in MUD. They are not OFFICIAL mobiles. If you want to make a bash a bit more difficult why not choose a mobile off the official list. There are plenty to choose from. A crab on the Island would take some finding, or a cyclops regarding you through a monocular would be acceptable or a ferret or a nightingale perhaps. But if you want to choose something not on the list please pick on some recognised bit of fauna such as a kangaroo, or something from mythology or heraldry. Please give us a chance. Give us something we can relate to. In the end we had to be told the name or this spurious mobile and its location before it could be overcome.

Now we come to the last mobile. It was the Golem. Everyone had assumed that it had been done by someone else. The Golem takes some setting up. I don't know how but this time the setting up went all wrong. While it is true that had we not wasted so much time on the previous mobile it might have worked, there is no excuse for not doing it earlier when we had a lot more time. It was simply overlooked. Part of the problem was not having a bash-general to make sure these things get done.

For me personally it was a pretty good set. But as a bash, it was an embarrassing failure.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 17-01-2014 16:21   
I blame Hellokitty and Pikachu .

Oh and, cough, it was Bluestone who teamed up with you to fight the Vampire, the Wraith and the tiger.

Nice write up though! I always enjoy reading them.

Bluestone, who probably looks nothing like Pushover.

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 17-01-2014 16:35   
Quote:

On 17-01-2014 16:21, kaif wrote:
I blame Hellokitty and Pikachu .

Oh and, cough, it was Bluestone who teamed up with you to fight the Vampire, the Wraith and the tiger.

Nice write up though! I always enjoy reading them.

Bluestone, who probably looks nothing like Pushover.

My apologies. I have just rechecked my log and of course you are right it was Bluestone

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 18-01-2014 06:51   
'Piggin disaster' is just about right! I drowned due to the ichy and had to flee so many time from all sorts I would only have ended up on the positive side of the ledger if we had got the 3k. This has to go down as our biggest red faced failure in a long time!

As always a good read - cheers Royston

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 18-01-2014 06:52 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 18-01-2014 10:51   
The fabled Pikachu!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachu

Man, just when you think you've seen it all.
I wish I was there to see a Pikachu in MUD. Funny stuff!

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 18-01-2014 11:37   
Hey now we even have it in the smilies, it's prolly more official than a platypus roaming the north mountain.

[ This Message was edited by: trollsmash on 18-01-2014 11:39 ]

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 18-01-2014 20:34   
How do you get Pikachu on a bus?

Pok 'em on !!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 19-01-2014 07:08   
Quote:

They are not OFFICIAL mobiles.

First official posts and official bashes and now official mobiles. What's next?

Yes, it was a mammoth undertaking and the end was unbearable because the golem proved unbeetleble within the alloted time .

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 19-01-2014 07:54   
Is that official?

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.