[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Other Games » » Royston's antics in another place.
Author Royston's antics in another place.
royston
ranger

Posted: 24-04-2014 10:06   
The reason you have not seen much of me in MUD recently is that I have started a new game of Skyrim form scratch. This is a game where you can download modifications (or 'mods' as they are called) from the Internet.

Some time ago I downloaded one which gave me an invisibility cloak. You simply wear this cloak and become invisible to all the mobiles (NPCs). Does this sound familiar? But I found it made things just a bit too easy and decided to leave it behind for a while.

You can also acquire mannequins; like you get in shop windows (sort of). These are useful for storing and diplaying spare armour and various items of fine clothes you might need some time later on. Rather than put the cloak into a chest I draped it around one of these mannequins. Sure enough the mannequin disappeared from my view, as did the cloak, Think about it. The cloak itself
has to go invisible for the trick to work. Otherwise you might just as well stick a blanket over your head and shout, 'You can't see me'

Now I am in a situation where going invisible would be a good thing to do and I can find neither the mannequin nor the cloak. I've looked everywhere! DOH!!

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 24-04-2014 10:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 24-04-2014 22:45 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 24-04-2014 18:33   
Have you looked behind the fridge?

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 27-04-2014 14:35   
Those mannequins must be like regular npcs... except they are crippled @_@

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 27-04-2014 16:40   
I once thought I'd lost my sunglasses. After searching everywhere I finally relaised that they were perched on top of my head.
Royston, have you looked on top of your head?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-04-2014 08:39   
At last a sensible comment. These days I hang mine around my neck by one of those cord things you can buy in opticians. I spent a good half hour a few days ago searching the house for them.

No I was not wearing the cloak. I checked that. As far as I am aware, there are no mirrors in Skyrim; but if there were and I could not see my reflection then I would indeed be wearing the invisibility cloak or somehow become a vampire.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 02-05-2014 20:36   

Seriously though give morrowind a try if you have the patience to play old games <G>
It doesnt have a mind numbingly stupid plot like skyrim and exploration is really satisfying since there's no level scaling, quest compass, fast travel etc.

[ This Message was edited by: Trollsmash on 02-05-2014 21:59 ]

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.