[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 12/6/2014 -
Author Bash Report 12/6/2014 -
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-06-2014 09:02   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 12TH JUNE 2014

As I was the only one to show up at 9pm, this was going to be a solo bash attempt. Heiach set me off by doing the pillar. Then I think he may have gone afk because he came back later to ask how things were going. So it looked as though I was totally alone.

I started off easily enough: I accounted for all the goblins, then all the rats and even managed, after a prolonged chase to kill the dragon. While waiting for the dragon to expire, I turned my attention to some surface mobiles, particularly those in the Formal Gardens. I had just killed the goose on the path and had gone into the Hall to stam up, when....

Hall.
There lies a silver flute by your feet. A heavy-looking antique barometer is hanging on the wall. The kitchen door is locked shut.
*You have been magically summoned by Qodz the necromancer!
You drop everything!
Bag0 dropped.
Key52 dropped.
Staff0 dropped.
Room 16.
The internal door is locked shut. The external door is locked shut. Close by is a small, brass music box (box4), shut tight.
Qodz the necromancer is here wearing a ring6 and a cape, and carrying a terracotta vase2, a firestone0 and a dagger0.
*Qodz the necromancer has decided to attack you with the dagger0.

I hung on for a while but had to flee before long. Now I know that fighting between players is an integral part of MUDii but somehow it always comes as a surprise when it happens during a bash. I still had the sea life to contend with, the dwarfs, the Keep and the evil twins. None of which I felt confident about solo. I did not need a PK'er as well. It has always struck me as a bit cowardly to summon a victim to a locked room whereby you deprive him of his weapon. But it must be legal as it is a well used ploy. But where were Kiwi and Folly when you needed them? Between three of us we could probably have scared him off. I fled on a comfortable 33 stam, taking no chances but never the less felt it would be suicidal to go back in.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 13-06-2014 20:27   
Quote:

On 13-06-2014 09:02, royston wrote:
But where were Kiwi and Folly when you needed them?

Sorry Roy, I was at a posh restaurant in South Yorkshire wishing I was home watching the opening game of the world cup. I mean wishing I was home helping out with the bash.

To be honest, I still haven't got over the fact they have posh restaurants in South Yorkshire. Forget being unexpectedly summoned to room 16, posh restaurants in South Yorkshire? Now that's a real surprise.

I promise that next week it will be different. I will be at home watching the football. Uruguay vs England 8pm kick off.

See you sometime in July!

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-06-2014 23:13   
Quote:

I promise that next week it will be different. I will be at home watching the football. Uruguay vs England 8pm kick off.

See you sometime in July!

I won't be here next week as I am going to the Land of my Fathers, to have a look at some puffins. Never seen them before except in pictures. Then Im off to invade Greece for two weeks. So it will be mid-July before I get back. I will be taking my iPad so I might be able to get as far as the tearoom but I wont venture further. I hope I can escape all this mindless football hysteria for a bit. Just tell me they don't play the game in Greece.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 14-06-2014 22:48   
#(World)Cup

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 18-06-2014 20:57   
I guess everyone has heard Phil Neville providing his unique style of commentating to Game Of Thrones by now?

http://youtu.be/j1JaUD1tWLo

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 20-06-2014 16:36   
Getting this back on topic, here's some old, but still useful, advice on how to handle Mobile Bashes, from MUD2.com's Admiral Bombow's Chronicles.

http://www.mud2.com/ABC9805/advice.html

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 22-06-2014 11:35   

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 22-06-2014 15:40   

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.