[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Films, TV and Music » » The Hunger Games
Author The Hunger Games
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-11-2014 10:22   
I am in the middle of watching a film I recorded from the telly called 'The Hunger Games'. But I expect it will be on again soon. It is as good a portrayl of a real life MUD game as you can get. OK there are no water snakes, goblins or dwarves; certainly no dragon. It is more like a Sorc. War. 24 players compete and there is only one winner. The one who does not end up dead. What struck a chord with me was the initial scramble for kit when the game started. That was very familiar.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 14-11-2014 19:14   
http://youtu.be/bMfddZboSE8

bunch of people in magical glade, teammate makes a run for cottage and is never heard from again, a warrior is seen shanking an innocent passerby with dagger, another one finishing a yeowoman with pilum(you dont see that often), douchebag with longsword picks up ciborium, we see how OP the throwing weapons are, a wizmort with a khopesh(see? wizmort!) chimping out on a staff-wielder, douchebag with longsword kills a novice and being the nefarious coot he is, also keeps the broadsword for himself.

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-11-2014 21:12   
Thanks for that clip Trollsmarsh. It is indeed the rush for the kit at the beginning.

I was wrong about the mobiles. I've seem the rest of the film now and the Wizzes watching from the safety of some sort of control room introduce a number at a later stage when I suppose things were getting a bit too quiet for them. Now I am not saying that this is something else with which we find similarity, but you may well have other views.

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 17-11-2014 10:41 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-11-2014 12:28   
STOP PRESS.

Monday night (17th Nov.) 9pm. Film4 (Channel 15).

trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 15-11-2014 14:20   
No.

Nobody should ever be subjected to this brand of juvenile banality.

If someone genuinely asks you to watch this film, he is an agent of the decline and must be eliminated.

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-11-2014 16:43   
I am sorry I do not meet your high and exacting standards. But I feel that we juveniles should be allowed to enjoy such entertainment as lies within the limited scope of our intellectual attainment without belittling remarks from someone who uses the word 'Troll' as part of their persona

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 17-11-2014 08:52   
Quote:

On 14-11-2014 10:22, royston wrote:
Now I am not saying that this is something else with which we find similarity, but you may well have other views.

Also cannon boom vs mud2 bell toll.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 17-11-2014 10:21   
Hah, cannon boom vs bell toll did make me laugh.

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
christina
novice

Posted: 12-01-2016 07:41   
Quote:

On 14-11-2014 19:14, trollsmash wrote:

bunch of people in magical glade, teammate makes a run for cottage and is never heard from again, a warrior is seen shanking an innocent passerby with dagger, another one finishing a yeowoman with pilum(you dont see that often), douchebag with longsword picks up ciborium, we see how OP the throwing weapons are, a wizmort with a khopesh(see? wizmort!) chimping out on a staff-wielder, douchebag with longsword kills a novice and being the nefarious coot he is, also keeps the broadsword for himself

this kind of movie excites me

[ This Message was edited by: christina on 12-01-2016 07:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 10-10-2018 21:34 ]

View Profile of christina      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.