[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » MUD2 Clients » » v1.4.1 usability improvements for opening mausoleum tombs
Author v1.4.1 usability improvements for opening mausoleum tombs
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 14-09-2015 05:35   
Usability improvements. Here's the release notes:

v1.4.1

Fixed corner cases to triggers and sensing mausoleum puzzles. It's now very robust.
Improved usability of opening mausoleum tombs. You can now hit enter instead of needing to hit a space. E.g. "op n"<enter> instead of "op n"<space><enter>.

For downloading:

See here: https://github.com/curious-attempt-bunny/mudiiclient

All you need to do (assuming you have java installed) is to follow the Getting Started instructions: https://github.com/curious-attempt-bunny/mudiiclient#getting-setup (not the building it yourself instructions).

[ This Message was edited by: Havoc on 14-09-2015 05:47 ]

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 14-09-2015 05:41   

The way it works is that it notices each time you open a mausoleum tomb, and then each time you see that same puzzle on a closed tomb it creates what I'm calling an "expansion macro". This is best explained with an example. Here it's seen me answer: Written on the west tomb is: "5256 6958 8994 11394 14188 ?" before. So now when it sees it again it has the answer ready for when I enter "op w":

Now when I hit enter (or press any key) it converts "op w" to "op <the answer from before>". E.g.:

Sweet, huh?!

For the curious the way this works under the hood is that trigger text will assign an expansion macro a value. This is stored in the config.txt like so:

<entry key="trigger|5256 6958 8994 11394 14188 ?">op w |op "<the answer></entry>

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.