[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Christmas is coming.......
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Christmas is coming.......
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-10-2002 08:56   
.... so I thought I'd give lots of advance warning, so you can all save up your pennies.

I have a suggestion for a mudmeet. How about the Saturday between Christmas and New Year, Princess Louise Pub, Holborn (a venue that has been used several times before, and for all those that don't realise it, that would make this a London based meet!)

But just for the hell of it - anyone fancy also pre-booking tickets if we can for a showing of the upcoming Lord of the Rings Part 2?

Please respond via this thread so interest can be gauged, it would mean pre-paying if you want to see the film! If there is enough interest - well, we'll discuss other details once people respond.

This by the way is a mud meet, not an ii or .com meet - details will be posted on both sites - all welcome.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 01-10-2002 12:16   
wow, i might actually be able to go to this one! oh crap....

bg

View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 01-10-2002 18:09   
i aint be dropping no eaves master gandalf...

likewise if in london etc etc..any spaces free for a born again Christopher Lee fan..? cant believe Saruman has aged a day since his Dracula days..

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 01-10-2002 23:45   
Hail Hawumph for thinking of a great idea. He always comes up with things like this...Supprised that Karya didn't think of something along the lines of this. Anyways, I am totally up for it, if we get the dates early enough so I can book the days off work.

Merlin

View Profile of Merlin   Email Merlin          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Carrott
protector

Posted: 02-10-2002 18:42   
Assuming I can get a babysitter I will be there with missus carrott.......if not I will come alone

View Profile of Carrott   Email Carrott   Goto the website of Carrott   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cherrygestapo
novice

Posted: 03-10-2002 20:30   

"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets? One day our paths will lead us there."
~Boromir

[ This Message was edited by: Cherrygestapo on 14-10-2002 12:34 ]

View Profile of Cherrygestapo      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 04-10-2002 14:06   

[ This Message was edited by: gothik on 04-10-2002 14:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gothik on 04-10-2002 16:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gothik on 15-10-2002 10:40 ]

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 04-10-2002 19:22   
S'pose I can suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous Cockneys for a Southern meet. Not to mention the wonderful train system, the immaculate tube way ( army ) the diarrheaic pigeons, and the super M25 car park. Ohh, and the beer is over priced and watered down!

Still, It's a larf, innit!

But more of you better turn up than made the excellant NW meet in August!

Vuly

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 04-10-2002 21:10   
Vuly,

Oi oi Saveloy, no need to take the mick, just cos you norf of the border, eating your tripe an onions..not all suffoners come from souff london mate...

top geezer mind for bravin the wilds of ye olde holborn, hat off an all..

Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 07-10-2002 00:44   
Totally agree there with Vuly but hey, I love London and don't care.

Merlin

View Profile of Merlin   Email Merlin          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 07-10-2002 09:29   
Northerners v Southerners

18 degrees - Southerners turn on the heating - people in the North plant their gardens.

15 degrees - Southerners shiver uncontrollably - people in the North sunbathe.

9 degrees - Southern cars will not start - people in the North drive with the windows down.

5 degrees - Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats people in the North throw on a T-shirt (girls start wearing mini-skirts).

2 degrees - Southerners begin to evacuate - people in the North go swimming in the North Sea.

Zero degrees - Southern landlords turn up the heat - people in the North have the last BBQ before it gets cold.

Minus 3 degrees - Southerners cease to exist - people in the North throw on a lightweight jacket.

Minus 20 degrees - Polar bears wonder if it's worth it - Boy scouts in the North start wearing long trousers.

Minus 50 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole - people in the North put on their long johns.

Minus 173 degrees - alcohol freezes - people in the North get frustrated because the pubs are shut.

Minus 297 degrees - Microbial life starts to disappear. The cows on Roker Park complain of farmers with cold hands

Minus 460 degrees - All atomic motion stops - people in the North start to stamp their feet and blow on their hands.

Minus 500 degrees - Hell freezes over - Manchester City qualify for Europe.

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 07-10-2002 11:35   
*raises eyebrow*

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 08-10-2002 20:47   
Manchester City wont ever make it.

face it.

Accept it

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Kurupt
friar

Posted: 08-10-2002 22:23   
Ahaha, thats class wumpy.

View Profile of Kurupt      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 09-10-2002 12:51   
Looks like Someone has time on his hands.....

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 10-10-2002 11:50   
I tip my hat to Hawumph for that one.

Merlin

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 11-10-2002 23:12   
i love haumph.hes cool. i love karya and coolio and azrael and rvciabrd amd fooddy. man...im sory

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 15-10-2002 16:54   
Hawumph you got anymore information about that meet??

[ This Message was edited by: Merlin on 21-10-2002 11:56 ]

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 08-11-2002 15:57   
Update - information available at http://www.hawumph.co.uk/mudmeet.htm

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware engineer with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 17-11-2002 00:55   
Gah - London meets. What about those not in London... granted probably not very many anymore judging by the number of active players on the site... but lol, what about me!

Not that I'd be able to go anyways, I'm saving up for a drinking week (end... or possibly full week) at a castle in Carlisle for New Year with Fireworks and Pyrotechnics

(Which if anyone would like to go, costs ?45 for 2 nights, and extra ?15 per night over 2 you stay. Food is included in costs. Information available by contacting the person at http://www.sabbathemporium.co.uk)

Take Care

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.