[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Technical Questions » » Another BB bug (sorry foddy :E)
Author Another BB bug (sorry foddy :E)
Eric
cleric

Posted: 30-08-2001 13:40   
The AIM message button doesn't work in the profiles section - I tried to send a message via it today and it's just came up with an error, and "action cancelled".

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 30-08-2001 18:53   
Hmm, do you have AIM installed? I have a feeling it needs some sort of plug-in to work ...

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 31-08-2001 05:53   
Yeah AIM comes with AOL so it should work fine I think.

I'll dl a copy anyway and see

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 31-08-2001 20:20   
The version of AIM that comes with AOL is annoying cut down (i.e it misses out on file transfer, games etc.) so I wouldn't expect it to work here.

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 02-09-2001 12:24   
Yeah, AOL doesn't come with AIM, it comes with AOL Instant Messenger, which stupidly, is different (they need to give them different names, cos AOL and America Online are different programs too).

But the AIM program runs outside AOL is more like MSN than the program you get with AOL.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.