[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Important information explains mud oddities at weekends.
Author Important information explains mud oddities at weekends.
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 02-06-2003 08:51   
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has just issued an urgent warning about BARS (Beer & Alcohol Requirement Syndrome).

A newly identified problem has spread rapidly throughout the world. The disease, identified as BARS (Beer & Alcohol Requirement Syndrome) affects people of many different ages. Believed to have started in Ireland in 1500 BC, the disease seems to affect people who congregate in Pubs and Taverns or who just congregate. It is not known how the disease is transmitted but approximately three billion people world-wide are affected, with thousands of new cases appearing every day. Early symptoms of the disease include an uncontrollable urge at 5:00pm to consume a beer or alcoholic beverage.

This urge is most keenly felt on Fridays. More advanced symptoms of the disease include talking loudly, singing off-key, aggression, heightened sexual attraction/confidence (even towards fuglies), uncalled for laughter, uncontrollable dancing and unprovoked arguing.

In the final stages of the disease, victims are often cross-eyed, and speak incoherently. Vomiting, loss of memory, loss of balance, loss of clothing and loss of virginity can also occur. Sometimes death ensues, usually accompanied by the victim shouting, "Hey Fred, bet you can't do this!" or "Wanna see how fast it goes??"

If you develop any of these symptoms, it is important that you quarantine yourself in a pub with fellow victims until last orders, or all the symptoms have passed. Sadly, it is reported that the disease can reappear at very short notice or at the latest, on the following Friday.

Side effects for survivors include bruising, broken limbs, lost property, killer headaches and divorce.

On the up side, there is not, and probably never will be, a permanent cure.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 02-06-2003 09:53   
Quote:
In the final stages of the disease, victims are often cross-eyed, and speak incoherently. Vomiting, loss of memory, loss of balance, loss of clothing

Uh oh, I have this every day.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Rosie
novice

Posted: 03-06-2003 14:55   
And I thought it was just an endearing character trait. Your daughter's certainly inherited it...

View Profile of Rosie   Email Rosie   Goto the website of Rosie      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 09-06-2003 09:28   
Get back in that kitchen and knit me a sweater, woman!

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 10-06-2003 19:41   
Ohh the joys of merry co-habitation discussion.

And I bet you two post the messages on seperate computers too ehh???

~ E-Mail is a wonderful thing; why pick up the phone, dial and talk when you can boot up, log on and type badly to chat to a friend? Progress...

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.