[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » No more wiz.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Author No more wiz.
Reverence
protector

Posted: 30-09-2003 16:00   
Hello, i am no longer a wiz, infact by foddy's word im no longer allowed to play mud atall, under any name, banned he says.

Heres some useful stuff some of you might like to know.

Dont make wiz, its boring as hell and you'll wish you could go back to being mortal but will get refused by foddy, if you try you will get hastled and all kinds of crap from him and other arches.

They have some theory called "Whiter than white" basically, you arnt allowed to do anything that would seem remotely bad or youll get spanked by foddy in the conference room.

Theres a hard mode that arch's can set onto a whole account, to make it harder for a certain player to achieve stuff, like it will affect the RNG, his chance to avoid or deal attacks, that kind of thing, they set this at will and you wont be told about it, how unfair is that?

As a wiz, you can expect to sit around in the wiz room, snoop players (gets incredibly dull after a short while) and make some items which also gets incredibly dull, you have to be very careful how you talk whilst vis among mortals, which is probably why most wizzes are always invis level 2.

Wizzes like to talk behind people's backs a lot, infact, its near enough all they ever do, bitch, moan etc about the mortals, not to there face of course.

Generally being a wiz is crap and not all what the arch's like to make it out to be. If you still want to make wiz, you probably have a long way to go, unless you play against wizmorts reguarly, and sometimes defeat them, you may aswell just give up, or try and sneak it at 5-7am, but even then turrican will probably be around at that time to kill you.

Vlad almost proved once before it was possible to sneak to wiz, and now he has finally proved it, by playing 5-7am hours, turrican seems to have a soft spot for him though so perhaps thats why he managed it, the only person on at that time of the day let him go by.

A briefrun down of wizdom.

You will sit in front of your computer, for months, years, whatever, trying to achieve this "ultimate goal" one day, if you get lucky, you might actually make it. You will then find out that the fame is all made up, its one big hoax of a story, theres nothing special about it, you will get bored fast and probably quit the game within weeks or months, either that or just sit there idling in mud while you do other things with your life - A nice big waste of your life, months/years, for nothing.

[ This Message was edited by: Reverence on 30-09-2003 16:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Reverence on 30-09-2003 16:13 ]

View Profile of Reverence      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 30-09-2003 16:13   
Reverence I dont know the details , and I dont particularly care too, but fail to see how i might find this stuff "useful" as you put it?

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reverence
protector

Posted: 30-09-2003 16:14   
Are you blind?

Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 30-09-2003 16:23   
Probably, but ignorance is bliss.

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turin
protector

Posted: 30-09-2003 21:19   
If being wiz is so crap, why you here ranting like a bitter little boy, instead of off celebrating?

View Profile of Turin      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 01-10-2003 09:43   
Heh, bitter much? If you hate it so much, why'd you stick around for months doing your damndest to stop anyone else wizzing? Why were you back in the tearoom last night?

Sour grapes

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 01-10-2003 09:54   
And you know what? None of the things you list are why I would make wiz. I think you peaked too early if all you think making wiz is for is to sit in the wizroom snooping, or wizmorting mortals. Honestly.

It's supposed to be fun, remember?

[ This Message was edited by: Halen on 01-10-2003 09:54 ]

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Rosie
novice

Posted: 01-10-2003 15:09   
Darn it, I would have taken you so seriously and actually cared about it, if only you could spell... <g>

Still, if you can't play any more, at least you can spend more time with a dictionary.

:)

Rosie

[ This Message was edited by: Rosie on 01-10-2003 15:12 ]

View Profile of Rosie   Email Rosie   Goto the website of Rosie      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 01-10-2003 22:12   
I TOTALLY KNEW THIS ALL THE FOOKING CARP!!1

OMG, REVEORANCE.. AND YOUR FAEMINRG WAYS... I LOVE J00...

PLOW ME A FIELD OF LOVE AND ILL RIDE YOUR COMBINE HARVESTER ALL HTE WAY TO ANTI-WIZDOM!!!11

[ This Message was edited by: Tzunami on 01-10-2003 22:18 ]

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 02-10-2003 13:59   
Oh shut up.

Hes clearly being ironic.

Well done Corwin. Wait a min....is this EVEN related to Corwin? Ahh feck it.

Bye Rev, You killed almost all my mages but hey...least ive never been spanked by Foddy.

Oooh...you soo liked it...little cheeky grin and a twinkle....sorry..ill get back to my degree...pint anyone..?

Sorry I didnt send an article for MT Karya

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 03-10-2003 22:30   
You know Rev, the sorts of things wizzes get to do for entertainment is pretty much common knowledge. Make quests and items, wizmort, snoop, chat, etc. Did you expect some super-magic prize that'd make all the effort worthwhile?

And it's pretty obvious that if you're going to act as an all-powerful enforcer of the rules (which, again, it's well known you're expected to do), then you've got to abide by the rules very closely yourself. Hypocritical if you don't, no?

And just playing the game is supposed to be fun, not torture ... surely the fun you had on the journey to wizdom is more important than the actual prize of wizdom itself?

Maxmage / Apeomancer

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 04-10-2003 12:12   
Quote:
Sorry I didnt send an article for MT Karya

A perfect candidate for 'hard' mode I believe...

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reverence
protector

Posted: 04-10-2003 17:49   
Trying wizrunning if you can be bothered, well see how "fun" you find it.

Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 05-10-2003 16:15   
Not sure I can be bothered, that kind of rack-up-the-points play isn't really what I enjoy or am good at - but I thought you achievery types were supposed to thrive on the kind of adversity you get when wizrunning? How did you keep on going if you weren't enjoying it on some level?

Maxmage

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reverence
protector

Posted: 06-10-2003 16:38   
i think i scored 33% achiever.

Wizling
protector

Posted: 08-10-2003 12:19   
That's the spirit oh former-mighty Reverence, now ---- (which four letter word is that btw, I can't pronounce it).

One has to admire the fact that after all the trials and tribulations you have been through you still endevour to discourage mortals from discovering the true secrets of Wizdom! Hurrah, Hip Hip!

View Profile of Wizling      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 09-10-2003 22:32   
I actually read that and thought that for just one person to whinge and moan about it can't be that bad.

I would see it as an even bigger incentive to check wizdom out for myself that taking someone else's word for it. :|

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 10-10-2003 01:55   
What a bunch of whining babies you all are.

Yes, bastards. I'm back from the dead to hate each and every one of you.

Rev is telling you all something that it's actually kinda nice to know. Interesting also that (if memory serves, it's been a while) Joey had very similar grumbles about being a Wiz, so it's not as if he's the only one to ever complain about it. I don't see Rev 'ranting like a bitter boy', I see someone who's been there, done that, and found that the promise of being a Wiz is a bullshit lie. 'Sour grapes', certainly. I'd be foding sour, too, if I'd invested time and money into going all the way in MUDII, only to find that it results in nothing more than misery.

The fact that an Arch can make the RNG work against you is an incredibly interesting piece of information, too.

On an entirely separate note, as a victim of Rev's Wizmorts on more than one occasion, I'd like to take this opportunity to laugh my ass off. Regardless, that's no reason to discount his opinion of Wizdom.

I mean, let's assume for a second that he's right, and let's assume again that you're playing purely to get to Wiz. Delicious, delicious disappointment awaits you.

[ This Message was edited by: Popculturemonkey on 10-10-2003 01:55 ]

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fisheyes
cabalist

Posted: 10-10-2003 08:29   
Quote:

On 30-09-2003 16:00, Reverence wrote:
you will get bored fast and probably quit the game within weeks or months, either that or just sit there idling

boring minds make bored minds

View Profile of Fisheyes      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 10-10-2003 09:32   
You offer Joey as support to his point of view? Awesome argument. WTG.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.