[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Random one liners of the mud related kind.
Author Random one liners of the mud related kind.
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 07-10-2003 13:28   
Calm down -- it's only ones and zeroes.

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Don't make me use uppercase...

A much wittier reply came to mind immediately after I pressed ENTER.

He who laughs last is at 300 baud.

The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?

You know when you've been online too long when...You say BRB because you're going somewhere.

There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would be produced. Now, thanks to Mud, we know this is not true.

ACK and you shall receive.

All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Wizling
protector

Posted: 08-10-2003 12:14   
This may have been raised before oh mighty Hawumph, but your humble unworthy slave observes your impressive picture and wishes to enquire - why are you carrying a small pink piggy bank?

View Profile of Wizling      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 08-10-2003 13:35   
Well where would you keep the bribe money for when Foddy sends the heavies round?

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 09-10-2003 01:09   
Quote:
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would be produced. Now, thanks to Mud, we know this is not true.

Hah! Awesome! To my signature with you.

--

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 16-10-2003 23:42   
Hope you asked permission of the original author of this published work for use Halen before you lifted that quote... you should know the penalties for plagarism in your business!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 06-11-2003 13:16   
A mud player was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess".

He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."

The mud player took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want."

Again the mud player took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want...Why won't you kiss me?"

The mud player said, "Look I'm a mud player, I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

Reverence
protector

Posted: 07-11-2003 14:32   
and then he hit purberty...

View Profile of Reverence      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Rosie
novice

Posted: 12-11-2003 14:35   
**Must.... resist.... urge.... to correct spelling.....................

GO BACK TO SCHOOL! It's PUBERTY!

Darn, never was much good at resisting urges...

:-p

View Profile of Rosie   Email Rosie   Goto the website of Rosie      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reverence
protector

Posted: 19-11-2003 09:25   
I actually knew the correct spelling, guess i just wasnt thinking when i wrote it.

View Profile of Reverence      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 22-12-2003 11:50   
From a Usenet discussion forum:

How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 22-12-2003 15:17   
Who says Karya losing her touch?

What? No one... oh right. Well fair enough.

Merry Xmas (bah)

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 24-12-2003 16:59   
Losing her mind more like! ;P

Happy Easter Everyone ...

May as well get it in early ...

Merry xmas too!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 25-12-2003 08:52   
Merry Xmas Everyone!!!!!

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.