[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » The End Of A Era...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author The End Of A Era...
Lcyka
pilgrim

Posted: 07-11-2003 12:07   
Mud 2 seems to be dying out all the players seem to be dissaperaing like myself and reverence...many players are stopping playing...hey maybe its the PK WIZMORTS which have a huge taste for blood of players...to name a few, turrican and marmite come to mind straight away, is it me or do thay have no other life cept mud2? if you do then tell us what you all do!?! unless your life is resolved around mud2 which it seems as it is, anyway im gonna go now, but it seems mud2 is slipping away into nothingness...

The Famed Drucilla.

[ This Message was edited by: Lcyka on 07-11-2003 12:07 ]

View Profile of Lcyka   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 07-11-2003 14:18   
Curious indeed, the few times i've been on lately, admittedly not that much, theres seems to be more players on than there has been for a long while, specifically the halloween bash, which was positively crowded...

^.^

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Reverence
protector

Posted: 07-11-2003 14:31   
stfu dru.

lucky we aint together anymore, dont need the extra attention thanks.

View Profile of Reverence      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 08-11-2003 12:58   
Haha.

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Velanor
novice

Posted: 08-11-2003 13:45   
ROFLMAO well played

View Profile of Velanor      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 08-11-2003 16:05   
Maybe it's the PK WIZMORTS driving away people like Reverence?

EH WOT?

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 08-11-2003 18:27   
I hate it when other players start disappearing. It's usually followed by the text "someone is about to attack you".

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Renegade
novice

Posted: 08-11-2003 22:26   
From the majority of posts it seems that most people dont really seem bothered about rev and drucilla leaving. But it seems a growing trend that long established players are feeling victimised and feel the only solution is to quit mud altogether. there is also a lack of diversity in the types of mud players around at the moment, with everyone seeming to be the typical plodder, unwilling to leave tearoom after making MU without a bunch of friends to walk around with. Now i dont have anything against this but if these are the only people on MUD is going to become very boring and uneventful, with all the PK's and high level players (however annoying to most) leaving. They add an extra dimension to the game, but with the wizards stamp down on any unfriendly activity MUD seems to be following into the trend of real life with over political correctness and a softly-softly approach to all aspects. This game is meant to be exciting with players not just helping but also competing against each other, but because theres always going to be a loser the wizards are imposing more rules and morals to try and make everyone happy, but the end result is forcing old players whos views differ to quit and creating mindless zombie newbies who copy the playing style of the tearoomers instead of experiencing the game and developing their own way of playing

[ This Message was edited by: Renegade on 08-11-2003 22:28 ]

View Profile of Renegade      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 09-11-2003 12:05   
I think that's a old of bs tbh

From having played again fairly solidly this week, I've noticed a distinct trend of pking about. I was attacked as a non-mu three times in three sets.

You don't have to pk to get points, and it's everyone's choice whether they want to plod or not isn't it? It might be boring for you but it's not just you playing the game. If they wanna sit in the tearoom and chat all set, so what? They paid for the game, they can do what they like with their time.

As for Dru going, my previous post shows my thoughts on that.

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 09-11-2003 17:30   
Renegade's post is just so full of incorrect and misinformed statements, it's funny

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 09-11-2003 22:51   
Eric - Exactly

Renegade - Don't know what game you're looking at, but it's not the game I've been lurking around in. If players want to leave, then it's up to them. No-one is forcing them to leave regardless of what they may say.

And erm, that's about it. :|

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Renegade
novice

Posted: 12-11-2003 15:30   
to eric,halen and seamus....

I ain't seen Halen around much lately, and i aint seen Eric and Seamus since wireplay shut, so how can you comment on the game when the rare times you do come on you either play as guest or in happy hour?

Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 12-11-2003 20:20   
It's just the good ol' PK cycle. Estimates are that it takes about six months to go from PK-city to everyone playing nice. And then six months to go back again. At least, 'tis said. Nothing to get overly concerned about.

It may also be partly due to the gradual shift upward in numbers - more people, more competition for kit, and so more desire to PK.

Maxmage / Apeomancer

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 13-11-2003 00:31   
Just because you haven't seen me doesn't mean I haven't been there... I've been playing this last month for instance. I've also been keeping up to date with stuff happening around here too.

[ This Message was edited by: Eric on 13-11-2003 00:32 ]

Azrael
Wizard

Posted: 13-11-2003 01:19   
Quote:
Just because you haven't seen me doesn't mean I haven't been there... I've been playing this last month for instance. I've also been keeping up to date with stuff happening around here too.

Also, a list of people who have played recently reveals nobody called Renegade. I think someone needs to learn a certain phrase about pots, kettles and blackness...

View Profile of Azrael      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 13-11-2003 01:51   
Ive been playing.

Yeah... I didnt notice any pking really.

Apart from Po and some lowlives.

People always moan about pking but there's only ever 2 or 3 decent pks at the most at any time and right now there's probably none..

If you're bothered by the lame lowlife "OMG, I HAVE LS THUS I AMS HTE INVINCIB;LE!!!1" brigade... then in the words of the chuckle brothers.

"You sad little worm".

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 13-11-2003 19:33   
Quote:

On 13-11-2003 01:51, Tzunami wrote:
Ive been playing.

Yeah... I didnt notice any pking really.

Apart from Po and some lowlives.

People always moan about pking but there's only ever 2 or 3 decent pks at the most at any time and right now there's probably none..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone in this thread has complained about pk's, unless you count the original poster's comment about 'pk wizmorts'.

Is it me or does this thread make no sense whatsoever?

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Renegade
novice

Posted: 13-11-2003 21:26   
i was complaining about the attitudes of the wizards and tearoomers to PKing, and also about how people who are rarely on or if they are on rarely play who think they know what the situation is and negate other peoples arguments who have been on and who do play, therefore having more first hand experience of the issue in question

Seamus
friar

Posted: 13-11-2003 23:41   
HAHAHAHA.

WIthout sounding too sarcastic mate, unless you can actually physically prove that the "people who don't play anymore" aren't actually playing anymore, keep stoom because you're just going to make yourself look stupid.

As for PK'ers - let them PK, I don't mind - I can live with them but I have only one thing to add to what I feel is a pointless debate:

If it is just wizard and tearoomer's attitudes to PK'ers that is annoying you, why don't you just forget about it, because it seems to me that you don't have an issue at all....

Unless this is actually what this post was made for in the first place??

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 26-11-2003 10:36   
Actually, he may be right though. On the low numbers playing these last couple of weeks. Just not on the reasons for it. (no, I don't know either...)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.