[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Ideas for next Mudmeet - to get people there!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Ideas for next Mudmeet - to get people there!
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 12-06-2004 16:10   
OK, what do we need to do to get more than 5 or 6 people to the mudmeet?

Suggestions:
1. Somewhere central or easy to get to by road or rail
2. Some where with fairly reasonable accommodation ( ?20 - ?40 max per room ? )
3. Perhaps other attractions / amenities locally - shops, restaurants, burger joints, pubs, etc.
4. Organised / supported and publicised by the Immortals ( since they have seemed most likely to actually come! )
5. Following on from 4, so there are key people there - in the past we usually got Richard Bartle, Foddy, Umbrarg, Cat, Karya, other assorted wizzes ( if there was beer ) Antman and Boggy, Billygoat etc. and may of the players.

I think this needs organising almost formally as a MUDii thing, with visible support from the Wizzes, with comittment to attend, and sign on by the players, somewhere where most can get to.

Ideally just off a motorway / train line with accommodation local to the meet.

And not in summer hols / exam time or xmas, as people are busy etc.

Any thoughts folks out there?

Is there any one out there????

V
Looking forward to the next meet.

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 15-06-2004 07:13   
Good thinking Vulnax.

Karya has started the ball rolling for us, by creating a poll to see who would want to go, when, and where.

Check out http://www.mudii.co.uk/vote-mm.php

Get polling!

If you're ashamed of your mobile phone .....

..... get a life - it's only a phone!

[ This Message was edited by: Hawumph on 15-06-2004 07:14 ]

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 02-07-2004 23:44   
Thanks Hawumph, I like to think so )

Done the Poll, I got 30% ( joke! )

Any mortals got comments on this? If you don't want to post publicly mudmail Karya or Hawumph perhaps and have your say.

Ciao

Vully

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Jincks
protector

Posted: 12-07-2004 22:25   
See what happens when I'm not around, and you all just thought I was a tearoom decoration

View Profile of Jincks   Email Jincks      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 13-07-2004 21:20   
The poll is now closed, these are the results:

21 people responded.

Votes were as follows:

August: 6
September: 5
October: 9
Didn't answer: 1

Down South (eg London): 8
Somwhere in the Middle (eg Birmingham): 10
Up North (eg Newcastle): 2

Yes definitely: 8
Probably: 13
Sometime after hell freezes over: 0

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 14-07-2004 19:41   
How... conclusive...

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 15-07-2004 17:56   
Sounds to me like two mudmeets are called for .. (?!)

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 15-07-2004 18:10   
Hmmmm I thought it came out in favour of Birmingham in October?

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-07-2004 18:49   
By a margin of 10:8 and 9:6:5! The mud masses stood up and unanimously announced, "uh, well, um, don't really know".

Next week, we all agree that our favourite colour is blue, or maybe red, possibly yellow, with a couple of votes for green

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 16-07-2004 08:53   
I agree the Birmingham margin does not appear to be impressive. Karya did you try to analyse the data weighting the location choice by probability of attendance, there may be more mileage in 8 probables than 10 possibles?? O.K. I'll go and get my labcoat and nerdy specs.

Maybe as it was so close someone could organise a Midlands V The South Sorc war or capture the flag competion to decide it?

^.^

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 05-09-2004 21:56   
Any updated on this - location in Birmingham ( or has it changed ? ) , date in Oct, who is organising, any events planned or need ideas / help with?

V

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 09-09-2004 18:04   
hi...ill be there..when and where people....

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 10-09-2004 10:20   
We chatted about this the other day, and Hawumph said (paraphrasing):

"Well, it looks like it's not happening, since no-one can be bothered to organise anything."

Karya
Witch

Posted: 10-09-2004 19:44   
Well, that's not strictly accurate ...

I know I was expected to organise a mudmeet after I ran the poll, and indeed I was going to organise a mudmeet either in October in Birmingham, or run an event to decide the location (as suggested by Gothik).

Intially I posted the results of the poll to allow others to take the opportunity to organise a mudmeet themselves and if noone did then I would have.

However after posting the results I discovered that there was another private "unofficial" meet being held within a month of the mudmeet I was going to organise. As I didn't want to unduly affect attendance of either meet I decided not to organise a mudmeet. I didn't post my intentions or lack of intentions for not wanting to affect the other meet.

So, it wasn't because I couldn't "be bothered" but as Vulnax did start this thread asking for wiz help in organising a mudmeet I apologise for starting something then not keeping you informed.

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 10-09-2004 20:41   
Oh! Sorry Karya - I didn't realise, and no slight in your direction was intended! I don't turn up enough to be in on the latest non official gossip

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 10-09-2004 22:11   
yeah sorry Karya...wait...what did I do?

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 12-09-2004 21:19   
Yeah, me too.

So Karya, sorry if I led you into being forced into organising the meet in October, not my intention .. just saying earlier that when we mere mortals organise one less people seem to turn up, well, since the days of of Jinks ( hint there! ).

I assumed the meet would be publicised by the Immortals and have a bit of support / sanction by the Immortals / Richard, and hence have more qudos and hence more visitors.

It would really need some one local to the meet venue to organise, i.e. in this case a Birmingham resident, or some one willing to travel to check out locale and venue, local accommodation, transport links, etc etc. .. I know, I been there done that worn the T-Short etc

Anyway, I have not heard of any unofficial meet, then again I rarely get on the game recently, ( but not seen it on forums or BB ), maybe that one could be the official meet if it's not at the ends of the UK ?

So what's the bottom line?

Any "official meet" going to happen in 2004?
Can we / you schedule one for 2005 then perhaps to avoid clashes with unofficial ones ...?

Or do I have to stay in my box?

Cheers

Vully

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 12-09-2004 21:21   
Note: From forum details, Halen has his abode in Birmingham.

How about it mate, sort something out??

Karya
Witch

Posted: 12-09-2004 22:42   
Stop apologising to me, I wasn't having a go at any of you!!

I'm happy to organise a meet somewhere like Birmingham but I'm not sure when. Hawumph and I have been talking about when would be good time for a mudmeet.

However, if Crowley is going to organise one then count me in!

PS I always heavily publicise any mudmeet that people organise.

Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 19-09-2004 07:26   
Yo everyone! Werd!

bg

View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.