[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Meeting thingie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Meeting thingie
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 01-02-2005 15:00   
I will also try to contact Ciara, Jincks and co. to ask if they would be interested in coming along. Would be nice to get some of the WP crowd to come back and give some of their thoughts and ideas.

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 01-02-2005 15:36   
Good idea - but unless they plan to stick around and play, their thoughts and comments are useless. It really only matters to talk to those who play - good enough if after a meeting they would consider returning, but otherwise, their comment is useless.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 01-02-2005 15:51   
I think many of the old players would be willing to come back and will be able to tell us why they considered going elsewhere. I think that the people who have left will be able to contribute more as to what needs to be changed than many who have stuck with the game- dont you think..?

Stuartmud
novice

Posted: 01-02-2005 16:09   
I think that was a nice idea zordell asking views from old mud players, but it would be nice if gehenna would post something positive for a change, im getting fed up with reading all her negative posts to be honest and im sure the other current players are too.

if we are negative in just the forum discussion we won't get anywhere in the actual chat, will we?

View Profile of Stuartmud      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 01-02-2005 16:11   
Aye I agree we need to be able to boost peoples ideas, not put them down. Cheers

Foz
novice

Posted: 01-02-2005 17:19   
I'd like to come along, I don't play anymore so my comments would be useless.

Mind Serenety plays and her comments are useless.

So while I agree people who play will make more of a contribution, its not always the case. Likewise old players probably will be able to contribute.

[ This Message was edited by: Foz on 01-02-2005 17:24 ]

View Profile of Foz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 01-02-2005 18:11   
The comments aren't wholely negative - they are simply realistic. You can't jump off the high end the minute someone suggests that the idea isn't as useful as you think - what use is the comment of those who have abandoned the game - yes, we can find out why they left, but for the most part - that isn't a huge secret - we know that greener pastures lured them away.

What we do however need is to keep the players that are already here and currently playing, the ones willing to put the effort into the game, unlike those on this thread who would rather be smart asses while having no useful purpose whatsoever - eh, Foz?

So yes - your older players can give comment, but the voices who need to be heard, and deserve to be heard MORE than older players are the current players, the ones who are here and the ones who you could risk losing, not the ones you've already lost. It's not really a difficult concept to understand!

Visit My Krypt...

[ This Message was edited by: Shantigh on 01-02-2005 18:11 ]

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 04-02-2005 12:50   
When is this going to happen?... Or have I missed out..... again!?

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 04-02-2005 13:08   
you havent missed out hei its 20th feb 4pm game time

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 05-02-2005 19:31   
Quote:

On 01-02-2005 16:09, Stuartmud wrote:
I think that was a nice idea zordell asking views from old mud players, but it would be nice if gehenna would post something positive for a change, im getting fed up with reading all her negative posts to be honest and im sure the other current players are too.

if we are negative in just the forum discussion we won't get anywhere in the actual chat, will we?

Hang on, wait a minute. Who are you?!

Crowley.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Marly
pilgrim

Posted: 07-02-2005 11:59   
Well, I'll try to be there...as an old player and as a current (when I get more money for my account) player. The idea about old players is definately a sound one Zor (Brains as well as beauty..spit, spit..)

One thing that is concerning me slightly...is this discussion going to be hijacked by individuals as in not letting others have their say? Or belittling them when they do? Hopefully, the whole purpose of this is going to be an exchange of opinions and will inevitbly involve differing ones...

At the end of the day (God I sound like a 2cnd div footie manager) this will be for the benefit of MUDii and it's community (we thank you Haw!) so can we have some respect for the views of others please?

Vordai X

View Profile of Marly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 07-02-2005 13:06   
Quote:

On 07-02-2005 11:59, Marly wrote:
One thing that is concerning me slightly...is this discussion going to be hijacked by individuals as in not letting others have their say? Or belittling them when they do? Hopefully, the whole purpose of this is going to be an exchange of opinions and will inevitbly involve differing ones...

I kind of see my position in all this as a referee, hopefully we will have a frank exchange of differing views, but not TOO frank. IE Lets not get down to the level of individuals where at all possible.

We can always have another one of these, or many, depending on how it goes, what results we get, etc.

As for times, there's a move to make it later. Obviously we want as many folk as possible to attend. What do you all think of maybe for one week hijacking the Thursday night bash slot of 9pm on?

It's a regular date for some people, I have it free (I can't do late Sunday's at the moment) and it seems to fit the correct time period?

Comments please (on the forum not on a postcard.)

Thanks

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Marly
pilgrim

Posted: 07-02-2005 17:53   
OK, thanks Haw I'll get you a whistle

And as for the day/time. After 8pm is generally a good time for me on any day except for the 23/24th. So, I'll fall in with everyone else (oh for a social life!)

Vordai X

View Profile of Marly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 07-02-2005 18:59   
Bashnight sounds great

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 10-02-2005 07:05   
OK

Final date and time:

Now set for 9pm, Thursday, 17th of February.

See you all there!

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 10-02-2005 23:10   
WDI has indicated he will be coming. (!)

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 17-02-2005 20:27   
Think I'll pop along too ... not that I have played much in the last 3 - 6 months!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fisheyes
cabalist

Posted: 18-02-2005 10:44   
what happened?

View Profile of Fisheyes      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 28-03-2005 20:11   
It was busy, fun and opinionated!

What else would you expect??

See Crowleys report for more info!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 31-03-2005 23:17   
I missed another meet?.. dang it people... sure I don't come on the game much.. but you have my MSN .

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.