[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » MUD2 Clients » » Clio Question
Author Clio Question
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 05-05-2005 13:22   
Asking this here, rather than mailing Tabitha, since I figured someone else might have the same problem some time.

Does anyone know what to do when you adjust the size of the window for Clio, then it won't let you open it again as it claims the size is wrong? I've re-installed, deleted the folder, even deleted the registry entry.

Crowley.

[ This Message was edited by: Halen on 05-05-2005 13:22 ]

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 05-05-2005 22:17   
Quote:
Does anyone know what to do when you adjust the size of the window for Clio, then it won't let you open it again as it claims the size is wrong? I've re-installed, deleted the folder, even deleted the registry entry.

Clio doesn't really do any window handling itself, it uses the DOS window. About the only windowing problem that would cause Clio to bail out would be if it couldn't get a DOS window of at least 80 columns by 24 lines.

It may be that your default DOS window has been resized to something less that this, and that is what is upsetting Clio. If this is the case, then cure is to start a DOS window on its own, and resize it to at least 24x80. (25x80 is better) Then quit the DOS window and Clio should run OK.

Tabitha.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-05-2005 09:00   
Hooray. I'm an idiot, and Tabitha's a genius.

thanks muchly.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.