[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Hardware question - monitor
Author Hardware question - monitor
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 03-05-2006 12:35   
Out of the blue techie question. Wonder if anyone can help me?

I need an LCD monitor that has a stand that will allow it to be folded down reasonably flat for storage - so it can be put into a desk when it's not needed. This is part of a diabolical plan, that will allow me to have a PC in the front room, rather than tucked away in a grubby tiny room upstairs. A 17" monitor would be best, hovering around the ?100-150 mark, which is $180-275.

Hralp? Anyone got any ideas?

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 05-05-2006 11:39   
A laptop?

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 05-05-2006 15:56   
Ok yea, you show me a nice laptop for 150 quid

Found a solution in any case - get a monitor, take off the stand, and put it on a book stand

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 05-05-2006 22:57   
Well ... you could get a cheap, basic, second-hand laptop and use it to control your PC remotely.

So if you're hiding away your monitor what are you doing about all the wires, system box, keyboard etc etc?

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 06-05-2006 09:51   
Heya crowley, good mate of mine is selling a good spec laptop for aroud that price so if you want more details mail me (hotmail)

take it easy bud

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-05-2006 10:13   
Gah, too late, sorry Cradle. I already bought the monitor.

What spec is the laptop, out of interest?

Well, the monitor goes in the desk, the cables go out through small hole in the back to the box which is hidden away under the desk. Keyboard and mouse go in the desk with the monitor

Cradle
cleric

Posted: 08-05-2006 15:22   
sounds good crowley not sure to what exact spec it is, he just asked me to buy it, i said nah thanks i have my crappy 3 gig HD with 60 gig ex HD so keep your crummy peice of plastic because mines vintage

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.