[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Websites » » Muddled Times/mudii.co.uk
Author Muddled Times/mudii.co.uk
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 07-11-2006 19:46   
Muddled Times was due to come out last month (October) but I have had to delay it so I can devote my time to the new mudii website.

Muddled Times will probably come out in December instead. So there's still time for you to submit articles.

Also, if anyone would like to offer their help in the development of the new mudii website please feel free to contact us. This is taken from Foddy's post here:
------
Thank you to everyone who are already helping, but we are looking for more people to help with the development of the website in order to complete the site rapidly, in particular:

• People to develop "modules" for the site - preferably with knowledge of PHP.
  • A graphic artist to help with some artwork for the client, probably cartoon-style.

If you're interested in helping, please mail me at foddy@mudii.co.uk.
------

[ This Message was edited by: Karya on 07-11-2006 19:48 ]

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 21-11-2006 15:16   
Out of interest, why don't you just use the xml client already made that Umbrarg made? It's professional looking and HIGHLY newbie friendly. A lot of time was put into developing it, and it's better than anything I've seen so far - and I don't feel that 'cartoon style' is appropriate to the mystique of mud. His also allows for different skins to be applied to the client.

Just seems a waste to put time and effort into something when you already have a pretty much perfect client sitting there, which works superb and is suitable for old players and newbies.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 21-11-2006 21:32   
Quote:

On 21-11-2006 15:16, Shantigh wrote:
Out of interest, why don't you just use the xml client already made that Umbrarg made? It's professional looking and HIGHLY newbie friendly.

The client I mentioned is for the website to replace the java telnet applet that currently runs when you click on the "connect now" button, rather than one that's downloaded.

As far as I'm aware, the link to Umbrarg's client has gone dead, which is why it's not listed.

Quote:
I don't feel that 'cartoon style' is appropriate to the mystique of mud. His also allows for different skins to be applied to the client.

I think it depends on what you class as cartoon-style - what I had in mind requires crisp clean edges, which would be suited to someone who has a more cartoony style, rather than someone more into brushwork ... you can tell I'm not an artist, can't you?

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.