[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Publicity: Laptop "mudii.co.uk" banner sticker? Other ideas...
Author Publicity: Laptop "mudii.co.uk" banner sticker? Other ideas...
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 22-01-2007 18:35   
Hi all,

I'm now getting settled in Portland and I'm trying to think of ways to to advertise mudii. One thing that strikes me is that my Ubuntu sticker on my laptop cover is quite a good form of advertising - and people who're curious can ask you about it there and then. (I spend a fair amount of time in cafes here, as does everyone else)

So the only step I'm really missing is a well designed banner! (Ok, and a robust surface to the banner once it's printed)

Any offers, suggestions or advice?

PS I'd also considered leaving a trail of banner-sized fliers behind me but I thought mudii and/or the cafes might not be impressed.

PPS I've also seen notice boards in cafes where people have hung up their own A4-, A5-sized posters for things (mostly furniture sales, band gigs, and lost cats).

PPPS I'd also put a mudii banner sticker on my bike. (Again, I use my bike a lot).

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 22-01-2007 19:44   
Havoc,

Hi! Laptop stickers are a good idea, if people are willing to use them. We were considering car stickers - maybe exactly the same stickers would work on laptops. As for the design, I think it has to be simple and stylish.

We thought about leaving fliers around, but decided it might do more damage than good - I think it's OK to post them in appropriate places, but I wouldn't want people think we were littering ...

What sort of size/shape would be needed for your bike?

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 22-01-2007 22:13   
Keep it simple: Laptop cover sized! How about 11cm x 3cm? Anything near enough to that is fine.

Oh, and the cafe I was thinking of has a space for people to put their own fliers for people to browse and take.

I think you're right about the littering.

PS Hey, how about altering MUD to notify me when a newbie logs on during the US daytime? Any IM is fine - Skype preferred.

Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 23-01-2007 02:41   
As an aside note. I've added a link back to mudii from my blog.

I have an Adblock rule to filter anything that matches "http://*banner*". I'm probably not the only one.

Any chance of renaming the image or providing a symbolic link without any 'nasty' keywords in it?

[ This Message was edited by: Malbery on 11-02-2007 18:17 ]

Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 24-01-2007 18:55   
Quote:

On 23-01-2007 02:41, Malbery wrote:
Any chance of renaming the image or providing a symbolic link without any 'nasty' keywords in it?

Done - you can change mud2banner.gif to mud2b.gif.

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.