[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » MUD2 Clients » » get involved with the mudiiclient!
Author get involved with the mudiiclient!
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 19-02-2007 05:34   
Hi all, someone on mudii commented something to the affect of "seems like you've written a client for yourself". This struck home as it's largely true.

I've been writing the client I want, not necessarily the client mudii.co.uk needs. I'm trying to correct this and you can help me.

I reviewed my todo-list of bugs and features and eliminated all the ones that only I came up with.

This leaves me with a remarkably short list. So either there's very little needed or I'm not encouraging feedback enough.

I gave each one a "value to mudii.co.uk", 1000 being very important (probably therefor to newbies) and 100 being least important (probably a feature that newbies and regulars wouldn't much notice). I also then went through them all guestimating how much effort was involved (1 being relatively easy, 6 being rather involved).

Look at this photo. Each piece of paper represents an item on the todo list. Under a brief description I've listed the "value" and the "effort". I've used the combination of "value" and "effort" to rank the todo-items. The highest value for effort ratio items are at the top of the list, and the lowest value for effort items are towards the bottom of the list.

Please see if you can make some sense of these items. Ask me for clarification if something doesn't make sense. Also let me know if I'm missing something from the list, and try and give it a rough "value" figure between 100 and 1000 (try and be objective about this and value things in terms of net gain to mudii.co.uk).

Thanks for your time! Any suggestions for approaching this in a better, quicker, more effective way are welcomed.

[ This Message was edited by: Malbery on 19-02-2007 06:14 ]

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 29-12-2017 19:27   
Quote:

On 29-12-2017 06:26, johneydeep wrote:
You'll now get brief descriptions of fights. You'll now get object identification numbers where applicable. You'll now get no feedback for successful communication commands. *sip dj. You watch the world go by. You have changed experience level from novice to protector. (+200 = 200). *n. As you step through the opening blackmart apk

What the heck? Is he gaining sentience?!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.