[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Game Suggestions » » A 4th Persona.
Author A 4th Persona.
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 17-10-2001 12:53   
Now that some sort of accountability has been restored through the registration process, can we have a fourth persona for an account?

This would be very handy as a disposable slot that could be used for sorc wars, experimenting with warriors etc.

At the moment I am using two slots non pp, in case one of them gets dead deaded... it softens the blow having a backup, and the 3rd as a pp to explore pk free, but there are is only so much experimenting you can do with a pp.

^.^

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Azrael
Wizard

Posted: 17-10-2001 17:14   
And if everyone had four persona slots, I can foresee what would happen next..

"Can we please have a fifth persona slot? I have three sorcs and a patriarch and I want to play a lowlife but don't want any of my existing characters to die, or to pay for a new account.." And then a sixth and a seventh, and so forth.

View Profile of Azrael      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 17-10-2001 17:27   
So how do people play sorc wars at the moment..by keeping at least one slot continually empty?

As for paying for a second account, it makes no difference to me personally as am Pay per play anyway, but would just be slightly inconvenient to disconnect and connect accounts for sorc war.

Are you suggesting that subscribers should pay for two accounts if they want to play sorc wars but dont want to free up one of their 3 persona slots?

^.^

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 17-10-2001 17:55   
Prior to MUD2 on Wireplay closing down I had the exact same thought as Gothik - could we have a 4th slot solely for event purposes, i.e. a sorcererised persona slot. I could foresee there being problems with people wanting to participate in events but not being able to because they had used up all 3 slots and were reluctant to pay for a second account. And we're certainly not suggesting that subscribers should pay for 2 accounts purely so they have a free slot that can be sorcererised.

I contacted Richard about the problem and he saw my point. There are technical reasons why we can't have a 4th slot but he said that it is a problem he is addressing. So, with any luck he may have come up with a solution for the next version release.

Speaking of events - keep your eye on the BB (and here) over the next couple of weeks for news of a possible event.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 17-10-2001 19:41   
It's about time we had a new event, I still think my 24-hour mud play was a good idea...

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 31-12-2001 18:42   
24 hour?!?!
enough said.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Syl
protector

Posted: 21-02-2002 11:12   
If people did have a 4th slot just for events then what would happen if the 1st prize was to keep their persona? Surely they'd have to give up one of their others, which kinda makes it pointless...

Just my opinion.

SYL

View Profile of Syl      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 21-03-2002 23:27   
Like others, I tend to work up two 'serious' personae at once, to soften the blow if something bad happens to one of them. I also reserve the third slot for my 'throwaway' or 'experimental' persona. This is the sort who'd try dangerous experiments such as seeing which mobiles are particularly vulnerable to which unusual strategies without risking my 'serious' personae in trying to find out.

As such, I'm afraid I don't have a persona to spare for sorc wars, especially if the prize for winning is to keep the persona. Azrael does have a point, however. Add a fourth persona, and people like me will be building up three 'serious' personae' and having one 'dispensable' one in the fourth slot. So I'm not sure if having four personae rather than three would actually solve anything.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 22-03-2002 19:57   
In reply to Syl, you've made a good and valid point. When organising the events I try to chose a variety that will appeal to a large number of people. Not everyone will want to take part in a sorcerer war, but the quiz nights or quests might appeal more. Likewise with the prizes. So far we've had prizes that have included points, free time as well as whole personae, and with the forthcoming extravaganza there will be a subscription to a magazine.

In response to Zalagar, for the purposes of events there won't be a 4th persona slot, but something else entirely different that cannot be exploited for non-event purposes.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 02-10-2002 12:51   
Well I think that it would be a great idea of having four slots for persona's, but then it also gives the wizmort's and other mortals more chance of actually killing someone.

Merlin

View Profile of Merlin   Email Merlin          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ulath
cabalist

Posted: 21-06-2008 16:28   
did a fourth persona get cancelled , or was it just stopped because mudii was made free ?

View Profile of ulath      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 24-06-2008 21:07   
When MUDII went free the 4th persona slot became a non-issue

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 25-06-2008 18:47   
Can we have a 4th persona slot?

Oh wait...i made wiz....sorry karya..i went back in time to 2002 again.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.