[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Mudmeet date announced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Author Mudmeet date announced!
Gestur
novice

Posted: 01-10-2007 20:03   
Hi there,

We (that's me and Paula) will be staying at the Cavendish, which I'm sure I'll be able to locate after two previous visits. See you on friday!

/Gestur & Guest

View Profile of Gestur      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 02-10-2007 23:15   
Its going to be a great nite..as long as me and Mapper dont have a kick boxing tournament again.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 03-10-2007 00:25   
It will be great, I pronounce it so!

Sunday morning fry up sounds loverly, I can hear my arteries seizing up at the thought, I'll be there!

Should be a super weekend!

So what is on for Friday night, as a few peeps seem to be there, and even in the Beach Hotel too! Cavendish Hotel is only a bit the other side of the Vintners, so a few hundred yards away.

Really looking forward to it

May bring a Wiz with me ?? Let ya know!

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 03-10-2007 00:26 ]

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 03-10-2007 09:58   
I believe a few of us are going for the traditional Mudmeet curryfest Friday eve. By the way Vullypoos- don't text me about bras when I am fast asleep sheesh, thought I was still dreaming when I read that!!! LOL. Let me know if anyone else is coming in early, so we can all meet up and eat silly amounts of spicy foody goodness.

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Samson
friar

Posted: 03-10-2007 20:40   
Ok, booked in The Burlington.

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 03-10-2007 22:58   
I cant wait. Sunday morning fryup will be good. would have to be early as my train is at 11..or sommet..then again..you all lie in..ill be in a state no doubt.

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 04-10-2007 09:48   
<has absolutely no doubts about that>

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-10-2007 12:23   
Well, it looks like I will be at the meet for sure now. I am going to stay on the Beach seeing as so many others are stoping there. Seems a bit silly when there are so many good hotels around - I imagine it will be a chilly this time of year, but if we get a parasol over our deck chairs we should survive the night!

Oh! The beach is a hotel.......... <G>

Seeya sometime saturday afternoon.

Mine's a pint of Stella please Cenedra <G>

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-10-2007 12:25   
BTW Magician = Jamesbond / Fantods / Odd

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 05-10-2007 09:52   
Hey everyone,

Blimmin' awesome news about Fantods coming along- looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!!!!

Just letting you know I don't think I will be online until after the Mudmeet now (unless I get magical powers to make my other half's spectrum of a pc work online) so, if there are any problems, please text me. If you don't have my mobile number ask around it is a bit mental how many mudders do have my number *is torn between pride and cringing*. Tee hee!

If I don't see you before have a safe journey down south.

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 06-10-2007 00:19   
zordell's mobile no. is 07717 then some numbers you can't quite make out but there may be a 1 in there... 98

But really, everyone does seem to have the no., even the guy who cleans the phone boxes and puts in those nice little business cards.....

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 07-10-2007 03:03   
Quote:

Is it my imagination or is this gonna be one KICKASS mudmeet?! *makes cheering noises and runs around with underpants on her head*

Well, I hope you all had fun! Sorry I couldn't be there, but my family and financial situation won't allow me to make trans-Atlantic trips.

But I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 07-10-2007 19:22   
Mud meet - it's been, enjoyed, and gone ... for now!

This Zordell organised Mud Meet on the south coast of England, in ( surprisingly ) sunny Worthing ran over 5th - 7th October.

Loads of people turned up, about 16 at one point, all chatting, eating and drinking ( some at the same time! ).

I had suggested Zormonster see who was going to be down on Friday and do the "traditional" Curry Night before the Meet!

Sounded good!

I got into Worthing and the hotel around 2pm and went for a wander and some lunch. The pubs had almost all stopped food by 2:30 ... so a couple of drinks later ( I really must remember to ask if the food is still on BEFORE ordering a drink! ) I let Zor know i had arrived. I found the Vintners Parrott ( Great Name for a Pub! ), scene of the meet, and Yates wine bar which was doing food so I was sorted for now.

We had agreed to meet up at around 7pm at the Vintners and go for a curry from there, Zordell would bring the entertainment .. her Mum !

On the Friday night we had : Gestur and Paula, Zordell and Mumsy and Gareth, Vulnax, Hawumph.

Good indian was enjoyed by all ... well all those eating ... all 4 1/2 of us as some had already eaten or just nibbled.! No problem!

Out to a pub by the train station, sitting outside as the "band" sounded like kareoke for a couple of drinks, then a quiet walk back to the sea and the hotels...

Good might had by all, great to see old faces ( old in a nice way! ) like Zordell and Hawumph, and meet Zor's family ( think Addams ..... ! ) and Gestur and Paula.

To be continued......

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 07-10-2007 19:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 07-10-2007 19:27 ]

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 07-10-2007 20:03   
Saturday.

We had the morning to ourselves ( Thanks Zordie ! ) to sleep, eat and wander around Worthing etc.

Despite warnings, the hotel breakfast was OK, so I was set up for the day ...

Plan was to kick off the meet at around 1 pm, but as we were in the area anyway Hawumph, Zordell and I were going to get to the Vintners Parrott ( still a great name for a pub! Didn't see a parrott there though!) around 12 and wait for the rest.

As it happened, we met up in Zordells swanky new flat then moved on to the pub.

The Vintners has big TV screens. And loud sound systems. Before we three had got to the 2nd drink we decided to sit outside, as football was on and the pub was loud and crowded. Which may have made it easier for Mudders to find us, and startle the local population.

Attendees .. for at least the afternoon/ early evening, included ( please let me know if I miss anyone!!! )
Zordell, Hawumph, Vulnax, Richard Bartle, Guybrush, Blib, Gestur and Paula, Mike the bad boy Wiz, Crazyfool the wiz and Hermione, Cora(Beth), Throwaway, JamesBond/Fantods Mapper, Dugtrio, Pippin,

So there we were, sitting outside the pub.
Strange people came up to us, but we didn't have any Big Issues left, so they moved on.
Guybrush arrived before we left the pub, Gestur and Paula as we went outside, and Richard arrived, for a tasty Lasagne ( despite warnings from the locals! ).
Soon we were near a dozen with Fantods, Blib and Throwaway having arrived.

Off to another pub, for food and erm, beer. And chat. Good fun.

A drink ot two later it was off to "Slipery willies" or similar ... if you weren't there you will never know! where pool was played and beer was drunk. Richard left for his train by now, Thanks for coming Richard, always a pleasure.
More people arrived, Crazyfool and Mike, Cora and Pippin, and a mellow time was had by all.

After this we went to a rude restaurant ... they had convniently "lost" the reservation .....for 14 - 16 people to eat .. their lo?? .... if you want to know which one it was you'll have to ASK . Bad Times.

Ever resourcefull Zordell diverted us to a Pizza restaurant who locked us away upstairs on our own, with only beer and food to keep us company.
Good times .

The rest of the crowd arrived during this, with poor Zordell popping in, out and all about to find people and sort them out. What a girl!

On to a water front pub, sitting outside in the COLD.

Some people made a move to a "club" and the rest migrated to their train stations and hotels ... although certain persons were a little unsteady on their legs by then! ( not me .. yet! ).

Back to the hotel, a beer and chat, some of the clubbers arrive with stories of one of our people being told they can't have more beer just water!
Ohh Mudmeets, let it all out!

To be continued....

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 07-10-2007 20:04 ]

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 07-10-2007 20:34   
We were gonna award Hawumph the accolade for furthest distance travelled to get to the meet, as he had his legs wrapped around a throbbing beast for 8 1/2 hours ... it being a motorbike, but as Gestur and Paula came all the way over from Sweden ... please give them a big round of applause and an Ikea flat pack house!

Seriously though, many people came from many hundreds and more miles just to see Worthing / be at the Mud Meet ... now that shows commitment ... maybe we should all be committed !!

to be continued ... Sunday morning ... the AfterMath!

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 07-10-2007 20:34 ]

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 07-10-2007 21:26   
Sunday.

We knew several people had left last night / had early trains etc. so would perhaps not be about.

Sea front cafe, for breakfast.

Some ate at hotel, some got on train for home feeling worse for wear, some slept.

So Fantods and i had beakfast at the hotel, but he had to get off, Blib was up for a cafe fry up so off he walked to the cafe, Crazyfool was "hurting" and had an 11 am train so went, Dugtrio was .. erm ... sleeping .. and came along ...eventually... those who were sleeping with Zordell and not in work were at the cafe with big plates of greasy fry up by 10 am! Mapper, Mike, Blib, Zordell, ate a hearty breakfast, I watched, and then Dug arrived and tucked in too. Throwaway arrived as I was going.

That's it really, a short precise of what happened on this years "official" mud meet, well Richard came and we had a couple of wizzes / + 1 arch wiz and loads of players ( bet the game was empty this weekend! ) and pics will be on Richards and Hawumphs web sites, and possibly others have pics to share ... gulp!

More next year!

V

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 07-10-2007 21:27 ]

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 11-10-2007 00:36   
The meet review wasn't meant to stop this thread guys and gals, add your thoughts and comments, I am not omnipotent ...

I may be wrong ..I may be rrrright ... as John Lydon once said ...

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 11-10-2007 19:48   
I was gonna write my column to review the meet..but Vully did a much more concise version. All hail Vulnax and his glorious new regime.

blib
explorer

Posted: 12-10-2007 10:17   
My Meet.
By Blib 47(ish)
I drove to Worthing. I slept inna Hotel. I woke up to a view of the car park. I had breakfast.I had a walk along the beach. I went on the pier. I had tea with the olden people in the shop by the pier.I used my telephone. I went to a meeting (:)).I went to another meeting. I went to a pub and met up with wierd people who didnt use their real names. I drank water. I watched the others not drink water. I had my photograph taken.I talked to the weird people a bit. I had food. I learnt about dry cleaning.I sat out in the cold nitetime shivering while others talked about imaginary aeroplanes. I went back to my hotel. I talked about wrestling. I went to bed. I woke up. I watched some men having breakfast. I had a walk. I had a breakfast. I got a present from someone. I gave a MUCH BETTER present to someone . I waved at some people. I drove home.
I WANT TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN !!!!

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 12-10-2007 13:43   
Just you wait Blib, one day I'm going to finish building my "imaginary" B-52, and then I'm going to kill your "imaginary" necromancer and get lots of "imaginary" points!

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.