[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Wiz vs. Mortal Sorcerer War - UPDATED!
Author Wiz vs. Mortal Sorcerer War - UPDATED!
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 11-11-2007 13:10   
On Thursday 15th November at 9pm (game-time) there will be a wiz vs. mortal sorcerer war! Team captains Turrican and Heiach will lead the wiz and mortal team respectively into battle.

The 5 players on the wiz team will battle it out with up to 9 players of the mortal team until one has been obliterated. Heiach as captain of mortal team will choose the team to face the might of the wizzes.Turrican as captain of wiz team has had to make do with what he's got!

Everyone is welcome to cheer on their favourite team from the tearoom although only participants will be able to enter The Land for the duration of the event. Once one team has been obliterated and a winner declared there will be a second sorcerer war open to all.

Good luck to both teams, see you all on the night!

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 11-11-2007 13:12   
Here are some rules and guidelines about the sorcerer war:

• All participants must start the event with a novice (zero-point) persona.

• Everyone will be sorcerised, that is be given temporary sorcerer/ess status. This will last until the player quits or is killed.

• The mortals will be put into one team, the wizzes another.

• Members of each team will be able to communicate with their fellow team-mates by using the TEAM command e.g. team hi will tell everyone on their team hi.

• There will be no player vs. player fighting during the first 5 minutes of the event (5 minutes from when the participants leave the tearoom). Anyone breaking this rule will be disqualified.

• The aim of the event is to eliminate all members of the other team. The last team with players remaining wins.

• Once a player is killed (or quits) they cannot re-enter the event and must stay in the tearoom with the spectators.

• Only people playing in the event may leave the tearoom for the duration of the sorcerer war.

• If you are in the tearoom please do not deliberately distract players by talking to them or shouting.

• As with all sorcerer wars, players are not treated exactly as normal players, for example sorcerised players can't be killed with "silly deaths" and more than one can occupy a small room.

If you are new, or rusty, to sorcerer wars this article may be useful: http://www.mudii.co.uk/article.php?id=2

If you have any questions please post them here.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 12-11-2007 13:10   
Quote:

On 11-11-2007 13:12, Karya wrote:
[*]There will be no player vs. player fighting during the first 5 minutes of the event (5 minutes from when the participants leave the tearoom). Anyone breaking this rule will be disqualified.

Does this just mean only actual fights, or anything at all which is considered detrimental to the other player (e.g. stealing, summoning, crippling).

Also, are ALL silly deaths irrelevant? E.g what happens with jumping off a cliff without a parachute (for example)?

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 12-11-2007 17:23   
Yeah, what if Armand accidently gets pushed off the cliff by someone? Apparently it has happened quite alot to him recently

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 12-11-2007 19:14   
Quote:

On 12-11-2007 13:10, Armand wrote:
Does this just mean only actual fights, or anything at all which is considered detrimental to the other player (e.g. stealing, summoning, crippling).

The reason for this fight-free 5 minutes is to prevent a mass bundle at the start of the reset that would result in a premature end to the event and wouldn't be much fun at all. For this reason, it's only player vs. player combat that's banned.

Quote:
Also, are ALL silly deaths irrelevant? E.g what happens with jumping off a cliff without a parachute (for example)?

Once sorcerised, silly deaths (deaths that wouldn't normally result in loss of persona) will only result in a loss of points and stamina. However, as with many aspects of MUD2, there may be exceptions to this rule. It is possible that there are obscure scenerios that may result in actual death but as far as I'm aware noone has suffered from these in sorcerer wars to date.

There was one amusing incident that I recall however. I think it was Lestat, who during a sorcerer war resited to maze of hedges after fleeing on very low stamina. He was instantly stung by a bee and died!

Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 12-11-2007 19:16   
Quote:

On 12-11-2007 17:23, blib wrote:
Yeah, what if Armand accidently gets pushed off the cliff by someone? Apparently it has happened quite alot to him recently

If Armand did 'accidently' get pushed off a cliff he might hurt a bit but he won't die

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 13-11-2007 11:22   
Reins, can you contact me.. that persona is kind of deaded.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 14-11-2007 13:09   
We're waiting for you Thwompand Jamesbond to select your names for the team. Check your MUDmail inbox my friend!

[ This Message was edited by: heiach on 14-11-2007 13:52 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 15-11-2007 18:03   
Just emailed, sorry its late!

Jamesbond

[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 15-11-2007 18:04 ]

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 16-11-2007 11:44   
Thanks once again for another fun event!

If anyone has the OBITs from the end of the two sorc wars, please post them!

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 16-11-2007 20:36   
*obit

The following players have died in fights this reset:

Darwin the spellbinder (team 1), killed by Wizze the sorcerer (team 2),

Caliban the sorcerer (team 1), killed by Wizzi the sorcerer (team 2), Wizze the sorcerer (team 2), Wizee the sorcerer (team 2), Wizie the sorcerer (team 2) and Wizzy the sorcerer (team 2),

Havok the sorcerer (team 1), killed by Wizee the sorcerer (team 2),
Wizie the sorcerer (team 2), Wizzi the sorcerer (team 2) and Wizzy the
sorcerer (team 2),

Colossus the spellbinder (team 1), killed by Wizzi the sorcerer
(team 2) and Wizze the sorcerer (team 2),

Gambit the hero (team 1), killed by Wizzy the sorcerer (team 2),
Wizzi the sorcerer (team 2), Wizee the sorcerer (team 2) and Wizze the
sorcerer (team 2),

Xavier the spellbinder (team 1), killed by Wizee the sorcerer (team
2), Wizze the sorcerer (team 2) and Wizzy the sorcerer (team 2),

Slipstream the sorcerer (team 1), killed by the vampire and the
wraith.

The following have died to FODs from mortals this reset:

Changeling the sorcerer (team 1), violently disintegrated by a
failed attempt to FOD the water-snake

Mortals also lost Wolverine early on due to loss of connection

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 16-11-2007 20:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 16-11-2007 20:39 ]

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 17-11-2007 23:46   
I was wolverine
and yes, I got the ptrs within like 5 seconds, a wiz showed up right next to me and I lost connection, hereby giving him the ptrs

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 17-11-2007 23:46   
/zedar

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 18-11-2007 00:36   
Quote:

On 17-11-2007 23:46, Miek wrote:
I was wolverine
and yes, I got the ptrs within like 5 seconds, a wiz showed up right next to me and I lost connection, hereby giving him the ptrs

Don't worry, we didn't use the pointers

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.