[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Event Calendar
Author Event Calendar
Karya
Witch

Posted: 22-10-2001 00:01   
If you've been keeping up to date with the news on www.mudii.co.uk then you will have noticed that we've added an Event Celendar to the website!

As well as the wiz vs mortal sorcerer war you may have noticed the prize event sorcerer war on November 22nd. Yes, that's an event with prizes! More details on that particular event will be posted nearer the time. Another event to take note of is the Christmas Event on December 20th. The event that takes place is up to you! Post here or e-mail admin@mudii.co.uk to let us know which event you would like, this will also be an event with prizes.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 22-10-2001 12:04   
I don't want to put a downer on sorc wars, but wouldn't it be nice to have a completly different event for once. We've shown they can be done....

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 22-10-2001 18:13   
If you look at the whole of the Event Calendar that has been put up so far you might (or most probably not) notice that it has in fact been planning very carefully.

As I explain my choice of events please remember that our numbers are far lower than the 50+ we used to pull in for events.

We start off with a wiz vs mortal sorcerer war - teams with maximum numbers, very simple really, should be easy enough to fill the teams.

Then we have the first prize event since moving server. Now considering we have absolutely no idea of how many people will turn up for the event, how many people still keep in touch with mud2 happenings, and how many people will be actually prepared to buy some time to enter we really want an event that isn't too dependant on numbers, i.e. nothing that involves teams and nothing too complex. In my mind a sorcerer war seems the perfect event to test the waters with, to see just how many people on this new server would like to take part, plus, we've not had a prize sorcerer war in well over a year, or maybe even 18 months.

Now having attracted people back (hopefully!) with one prize event our next prize event is something a little bit more different. Admitedly not unique but how many Extravaganzas or Christmas themed Scavanger Hunts have you taken part in?

And then ... if these events are popular ... then you'll start getting the more orginal events.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 23-03-2002 02:12   
Quote:

On 22-10-2001 18:13, Karya wrote : -

As I explain my choice of events please remember that our numbers are far lower than the 50+ we used to pull in for events
Now considering we have absolutely no idea of how many people will turn up for the event, how many people still keep in touch with mud2 happenings, and how many people will be actually prepared to buy some time to enter we really want an event that isn't too dependant on numbers, i.e. nothing that involves teams and nothing too complex.
Now having attracted people back (hopefully!) with one prize event our next prize event is something a little bit more different. Admitedly not unique but how many Extravaganzas or Christmas themed Scavanger Hunts have you taken part in?

And then ... if these events are popular ... then you'll start getting the more orginal events.

Well, if only 5 or 6 turn up, most of those will get some free time or good points.... so why not make it YOU who gets them, by actually paying for a few hours and playing the game.....

I am the GAME and I PLAY it...

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 23-03-2002 02:15   
Quote:

On 22-10-2001 12:04, Theman wrote:
I don't want to put a downer on sorc wars, but wouldn't it be nice to have a completly different event for once. We've shown they can be done....

So Suggestions, big boy?

Hunt theman?
Stuff the piglet with the apple?
Bash the HB and then PK each other till last one standing ..... hmm sounds like a spektakular.... sounds fun

More ideas welcome

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.