[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (6/2)
Author Last Night's Bash (6/2)
royston
ranger

Posted: 07-03-2008 08:52   
It is with great saisfaction that I END my tenure with a victory. How I came to be bash-general again when I am sure no one voted for me, is still one of life's great mysteries.

This success was in no small way due to my brilliantly laissez-faire style of leadership. (And before Blib makes any comment, this does not mean behaving like a lazy fairy). I made only one request all evening, hardy an instruction and certainly not an order, which, all but one of you, wisely ignored and continued doing your own thing. This was a major contribution to the victory

It would be invidious to single any one out but mention must be made of one player who single handedly took on all the nasties. Without him we would certainly have all been in the proverbial. Mind you, he does not being watched. When he was about to deal with the wolf, he told me in so many words, to go away, just in case I saw how he did it. I can only successfully do business with wolfie about 50% of the time.

I knew that towards the end of the game I would do a sillie and put some insurance by by hiding the mouse so that I could easily get back into the game. And as expected I managed to drown myself when there were only about two mobs left. I was totally gutted when I found that the mouse had been already killed by someone else. This will teach me to be clever and greedy. In future I will leave him for anyone to use in a similar situation in the tc in the hut.

Interestingly two gobs were overlooked until near the end. That is the second time this has happened in as many weeks. Can I suggest, with the greatest humility, that whoever did the gobs checks out that they have explored the whole of what's down below.

I know that the wolf was the second last mob but can anyone tell me which was the final one?

Lastly thanks as always to Foddy and CF.

I will not be with you next week as I will at that time be flying home to the UK. As I said in a previous thread, I will be in London on 14th.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 07-03-2008 14:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 07-03-2008 14:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 08-03-2008 12:52 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 07-03-2008 09:35   
I think that you will find that the turning point last nite was when I came on at 10pm. Shouted that I was here and then left again.

I rest my case.

Good day to you all.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 07-03-2008 09:38   
yeah cheers Roy. I really wanna thank FC as well. He really made some good changes to the game and I miss him since he lost his bladder functions.

CF

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 07-03-2008 12:54   
Well done on what I heard was a kickass bash! Nice one!

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 07-03-2008 14:06   
Oooops dyslexic kboard. Sorry CF. Edited.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 07-03-2008 14:59 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 07-03-2008 14:48   
The best (and worst) part of last night for me was that I'd forgotten about the ghoul during my long absence. I ran into it by accident, remembered that it'd make mincemeat of my pick-wielding hero, and qq'ed straight away before it could attack me, rather than just exiting the room!

The shame!

[ This Message was edited by: Eric on 07-03-2008 14:48 ]

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 07-03-2008 14:58   
A ghoul huh?

Armand
explorer

Posted: 07-03-2008 15:15   
The wolf was actually the last mobile, and I don't know what the second to last was as it was dead already by the time I got to the wolf.

Also, most of you were probably blissfully unaware that the redwood forest area opened (remember the sv going from like 21 to 30?) but myself and Thwomp took care of it!

Finally, I believe that the requirements for earning the reward are (a) being north and (b) killing a mobile in the same set. As far as I'm aware it doesn't matter if you QQ and start a new session, as long as you make sure you're north. So (if I'm correct) there is no need to keep a spare mobile as insurance.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 07-03-2008 16:08   
Quote:

On 07-03-2008 15:15, Armand wrote:

Also, most of you were probably blissfully unaware that the redwood forest area opened (remember the sv going from like 21 to 30?) but myself and Thwomp took care of it!

[Sigh] My hero!!!! [/sigh]

royston
ranger

Posted: 07-03-2008 17:16   
Blib, someone accused you of being the annoying visitor, but I didn't believe them.

blib
explorer

Posted: 07-03-2008 22:00   
Quote:

On 07-03-2008 17:16, royston wrote:
Blib, someone accused you of being the annoying visitor, but I didn't believe them.

Me, annoying??

Shirley not!!

Armand
explorer

Posted: 07-03-2008 22:29   
Quote:

On 07-03-2008 17:16, royston wrote:

That someone was me!!

Also, I think Blib is failing in his bash duties. I haven't seen him kill any fireflies for weeks.

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 07-03-2008 22:30 ]

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 08-03-2008 09:38   
whisper 'Fireflies are scary, there's lots of them you know! '

palaceboy
cabalist

Posted: 08-03-2008 22:34   
i must start bashing again

View Profile of palaceboy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.